Ps3 Can't connect to internet... Can't sync trophies

four-iguy

Hello all,

I posted on here a while ago but I figured Id post again. 

For context, I havent synced my ps3 trophies since late 2018. I dont play it a whole lot anymore because its just dreadfully slow with everything. However, I have earned quite a few trophies since then and some platinums as well. I just want to sync up my trophies.

I turned on my Ps3 and everything works fine except for the internet. I cant sign in to psn, can't sync trophies, cant view my friends list or go to the psstore or anything. 

Obviously the first thing I did was going to the settings and setting up a wifi connection. But it either fails immediately everytime or takes hours upon hours only to fail again. He have gotten new wifi in the house and its 5G, which apparently the ps3 isnt compatable with...

Yes I tried an ethernet connection too and it was the same issue.

Whats my best bet here for salvaging my trophies?

4 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

do you have a friend or relative you could bring the ps3 to and borrow their tv/internet?

After two years, I'd hope he made at least one friend with a stable internet connection.

Thanks for the replies!

The issue isnt necessarily just the 5G wifi because they left another network online here for anything not compatible with 5G. While the hotspot and using someone elses wifi were good ideas, there is more than just the internet issues.

A seemingly unrelated issue with my ps3 is that I cant use controllers wirelessly, they have to plugged in or else they dont work. They dont link to the console but they hold battery. I have like 8 dualshock 3s and none of them work. 

My ps3 tends to default to an ethernet connection meaning i have to go into the settings in order to change it to wifi however, it just says "checking network configuration... please wait" ive been on this screen for 45 minutes now and nothing has changed.

Also I tried rebuilding the database in the hopes of speeding up my ps3 a bit but to no avail.

Id rather not call sony directly but i may have to... 

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks

21 minutes ago, four-iguy said:

Thanks for the replies!

The issue isnt necessarily just the 5G wifi because they left another network online here for anything not compatible with 5G. While the hotspot and using someone elses wifi were good ideas, there is more than just the internet issues.

A seemingly unrelated issue with my ps3 is that I cant use controllers wirelessly, they have to plugged in or else they dont work. They dont link to the console but they hold battery. I have like 8 dualshock 3s and none of them work. 

My ps3 tends to default to an ethernet connection meaning i have to go into the settings in order to change it to wifi however, it just says "checking network configuration... please wait" ive been on this screen for 45 minutes now and nothing has changed.

Also I tried rebuilding the database in the hopes of speeding up my ps3 a bit but to no avail.

Id rather not call sony directly but i may have to... 

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks

Unless it's a incompatibility between the PS3 and your router, which is difficult anyone will solve, only option I see is hard reset of the PS3 (system restore, it will erase everything). Or the PS3 could be going berserk.

Backing up the PS3 contents takes ages, it's USB2.

Edited by cris3f

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

After two years, I'd hope he made at least one friend with a stable internet connection.

This thread is 7 hours old, not sure what you're trying to say here XD.

@four-iguy

I believe the bluetooth adapter card on your ps3 is shot since you mentioned not being able to connect your DS3 wirelessly only when they are connected to a cable to the console. That also may affect the wireless network adapter, not sure if they use the same hardware piece as the bluetooth but I've heard many stories of people noticing a failure in one of them and stuff related to the other not working either.

In your case, the best I can advise is trying to set up a physical ethernet connection using a static internal IP (Not hard to do) and see if you can at least connect to the router/modem, internet connection can be solved later if possible. Sometimes I have issues with my ps3 connecting to my wireless router and then I discover it can't get any IP from it for a reasons unknown and once I set a static IP I know nobody elses use on that same network it start working again.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

This thread is 7 hours old, not sure what you're trying to say here

Maybe if you read it and did some simple math.

8 hours ago, four-iguy said:

I havent synced my ps3 trophies since late 2018

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

Maybe if you read it and did some simple math.

Maybe if you read that he only decided to synchronizes the trophy at the current moment, not in 2018, you wouldn't be making a fool of yourself in this thread.

For context, I havent synced my ps3 trophies since late 2018. I dont play it a whole lot anymore because its just dreadfully slow with everything. However, I have earned quite a few trophies since then and some platinums as well. I just want to sync up my trophies.

30 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Maybe if you read that he only decided to synchronizes the trophy at the current moment, not in 2018, you wouldn't be making a fool of yourself in this thread.

A little reading comprehension goes a long way. Also, don't start no shit, won't be no shit.

Is the internet connection itself what is failing or the trophy sync? I've had issues with my PS3 synching trophies in the past, but each time you run the sync, it pushes some trophies to the server- even if the sync ultimately fails- so repeatedly running it would likely solve your problem.

If it's your internet connection itself that's failing, I got nothing? sorry man! I know Sony did slow download/upload speeds due to the pandemic, so that could possibly be playing a factor.