How does psnprofiles.com know they cheated on their trophies?

OozingSmegma

Hello guys, I was just wondering when you look on the leaderboards it says like 11,000 cheaters removed and I am just wondering how do they know they are cheaters and how do you know if they put you on the cheaters list? Just wondering...... if anyone knew??

Hello guys, I was just wondering when you look on the leaderboards it says like 11,000 cheaters removed and I am just wondering how do they know they are cheaters and how do you know if they put you on the cheaters list? Just wondering...... if anyone knew??

and by they I mean psnprofiles.com or the people that remove the cheaters.

When somebody earns 8500 trophies in a day (true story) you know they're cheating, and thus are removed via a automatic script I believe.

This doesn't stop people hacking online trophies after servers are shut, which is why I would really like a way to flag somebody.

• Like 1

Earning a platinum before the game's release is not a good was to put it, for instance, Some major companies such as IGN get the game early to review it.

Not like that, they aren't talking 1 or 2 weeks before, they are talking months or even yers before it's released, like this guy: click me!

GoW: A and Tomb Raider only came out this year and he got both plats in a 4 year period, time machines, they're here!

cuz my friend I was at his house helping him do the little big planet 2 plat and it took us like 3 weeks and wen we updated it it said error and some number then it put the trophies we earned in 1 minute!! I don't know how but it took us weeks and it says we took 1 minute.... what do we do?

There are some other gamers that might consider it cheating because you earned a trophy twice for a game you played once, but the game was built to do it that way, so according to Sony and these trophy websites it's not cheating. You'll notice however that there haven't been any new releases with cross save that have separate trophy lists for the PS3 and Vita versions. So no more dual-platting except for the games that have previously been released.

ye i can understand some see it as cheating, and its understandable they removed the feature. Ive meet people thinking even boosting trophies online etc. is cheating, or taking advantages of in game exploits/bugs. For me cheating is downloading savegames only, but ofc i respect a clean trophy hunt more. Thx for the answer btw :)

• 2 years later...

Is boosting classed as cheating? Or using proxy servers as iv seen people do up this. Also I have both PS3 phat and super slim and my super slim won't let me play aliens vs predator so when I upload my trophies from phat to slim because slim is my main PS3 I use for trophy hunting. I get them quite close together time wise. Is that also classed as cheating?

• 6 months later...

Boosting isn't really cheating because those people still have to play the game, granted it's a lot easier but so are some legit online games when the rooms full of noobs anyway. There's not a lot of difference really.

Satoshi is excempt from all things bad, I once saw it carved into a stone somewhere in Icetomb road ;)

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 2