You know what I hate about No Man's Sky...

DaveMcDamage

2 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

What's the thing?

A living pearl. Found one again eventually. On my own frikkin base planet lol. I didn't even know my planet had water on it. 

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

There are certain rare items e.g. Korvax Casing, Convergence Cubes, Vy'keen Daggers and Gek Idols that are all pretty rare so it's advisable to keep hold of them for future use if you find any.

Yeah I couldn't find the daggers for the life of me, but then during another mission and going at lightspeed, a trader pulled up and he had 2 of them which I need for a mission. 

23 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

A living pearl. Found one again eventually. On my own frikkin base planet lol. I didn't even know my planet had water on it.

Yes, you get them from shooting Armored Clams until the open, then snatching the pearl before they snap shut. I use the wiki: https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/No_Man's_Sky_Wiki when I can't figure out where to find stuff. Also make sure you're looting those green Damaged Containers, that's where you find those Korvax Casings, Vy'keen Daggers, etc.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

Yes, you get them from shooting Armored Clams until the open, then snatching the pearl before they snap shut. I use the wiki: https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/No_Man's_Sky_Wiki when I can't figure out where to find stuff. Also make sure you're looting those green Damaged Containers, that's where you find those Korvax Casings, Vy'keen Daggers, etc.

This^

Living Pearls are extremely common on planets with a lot of oceans, just look for the Armoured Clams. The Species specific items can be a pain to find, especially the Daggers and Cubes but traders and Damaged Containers have a much higher chance of spawning them if you look for them on a planet belonging to that species :). The Wiki isn't as up-to-date as it once was but you can still learn a lot from it if you get stuck.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Well I carried on with the story and got to the point where it gave me a choice to explore, finish Atlas path or go to center of the galaxy. To be honest I just want the story to be over lol. Its coming across as one of those ''why are we here' type stories, and when people say theres no such thing as a stupid question.... this is the stupidest f**king question there is. 

I actually intended this thread just to be able to have a pop/joke at some of the stuff in the game, but you guys went ahead and went ultra awesome with your wisdomidge. 

So... Get back on track.

You know what I hate about NMS...

The amount of times you go through a story portal on foot but come out and your ship is broken to s**t. 

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

The amount of times you go through a story portal on foot but come out and your ship is broken to s**t. 

Get used to it, because that will happen almost every time you use a Blackhole so save before using one so you can reload afterwards if the broken part is too costly or fiddly to fix. The act of reloading your save will re-roll the part that gets damaged so sometimes you will either take no damage or a different part will brake which is easier to fix. It has been a long time since I last played through the story so things may have changed since then but I remember there only being 2 or 3 occasions where a story related portal, broke my ship ?.

The story is a good one but you really have to pay attention and dig deep into the lore, to get the best out of it because the game won't spoon feed you certain details.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

56 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Get used to it, because that will happen almost every time you use a Blackhole so save before using one so you can reload afterwards if the broken part is too costly or fiddly to fix. The act of reloading your save will re-roll the part that gets damaged so sometimes you will either take no damage or a different part will brake which is easier to fix. It has been a long time since I last played through the story so things may have changed since then but I remember there only being 2 or 3 occasions where a story related portal, broke my ship 1f914.png.

The story is a good one but you really have to pay attention and dig deep into the lore, to get the best out of it because the game won't spoon feed you certain details.

Is this getting to the center the end of the main story or a DLC story. Is doing the Atlas quest required for any trophies? To be honest I just want to get the story done. Its garbage and I just want it to be over so I can get to the exploring but without feeling like I'm leaving the story unfinished before doing so. 

edit

Speaking of getting to the center. I have a red quest marker but nothing showing what I need to do to get to the center. Any advice so I can just get this over and done with please. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

The Atlas path will give you access to certain minor beneficial technologies but if you want to get the Plat and 100% done as fast as possible, then stick to the Artemis storyline. To get to the Galactic Center, you have to follow the waypoint the Galaxy Map gives you when you tab over to the appropriate option but be warned, it will take 60-80hrs+ to get there by normal means if you have a fully upgraded ship and manipulate the Black Holes. If you want to get to the Galactic Center and earn the Survival mode trophies ASAP, then I strongly recommend just boosting them, because then it will only take 2-3hrs instead of 60+.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Atlas path will give you access to certain minor beneficial technologies but if you want to get the Plat and 100% done as fast as possible, then stick to the Artemis storyline. To get to the Galactic Center, you have to follow the waypoint the Galaxy Map gives you when you tab over to the appropriate option but be warned, it will take 60-80hrs+ to get there by normal means if you have a fully upgraded ship and manipulate the Black Holes. If you want to get to the Galactic Center and earn the Survival mode trophies ASAP, then I strongly recommend just boosting them, because then it will only take 2-3hrs instead of 60+.

Yeah I think I will buy a PS+ subscription for the last two DLC trophies. Just get the cheapest one.