Is The Outlander A Feasible Choice For Hardcore?

MrTacoNinja

I always play the bow class in every RPG that offers one. Always, always, always. I keep reading up on everyone saying use the Engineer because he's a tank but I don't want to. I want the bow user. Is it doable or am I likely to constantly die and have to restore a previous save from my usb stick to the point where it just gets downright tedious and irritating?

Go Engineer and spec gear into Minion Damage (mostly for spider mines, but also for the gun turret bot). The grind is far less than Diablo 3 and even shorter than D3 RoS.

Just now, Helyx said:

I enjoyed it, and they're basically the same game.

Don't get me wrong i like this game but the grind to 100 is tedious especially if you can't respec and you're stuck with the same build for 30 hours. Almost every loot I get is for different class. i'm stuck with the same gear for hours. A good game overall my only complain is the road to platinum.

35 minutes ago, Kpppp-2B9SA2 said:

stuck with the same build for 30 hours. Almost every loot I get is for different class. i'm stuck with the same gear for hours.

I don't remember HC taking me even 20 hours, but I didn't bother with the Map Works and just went into NG++ (only going for story objectives).

3 hours ago, Kpppp-2B9SA2 said:

I'm just grinding to lvl 100 and earning money currently lvl 87 in hardcore casual. 27 hours  in just grind for level and money. Post game sucks it's either you do ng+ or do mapworks. I think i finished in 15 hours the main campaign and did all the side quest. 

Wow, 27 hours just grinding levels and money? Seriously???? Fuuuuuck that! 

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

The grind is far less than Diablo 3 and even shorter than D3 RoS.

Is it as bad as the trophy "All That Glitters" from the vanilla Diablo 3? As for the grind in every other respect throughout each stack that I have for the series (all 3) I duplicated the shit out of EVERYTHING so I never had to grind, lol.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

8 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Is it as bad as the trophy "All That Glitters" from the vanilla Diablo 3?

Not even close. I did TL2 in a week, and that was doing two different difficulty playthroughs. If you start HC from the beginning, you can cut down a full playthrough but I'd recommend backing up your save often if you go that route.

33 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

You're an admin on this site? Are you like the top dog?

Nah, I'm just a girl who put the word "Administrator" in her user title. I'm nobody special.

LMFAO! Did you construe my post as me hitting on you? Good grief. You really do have to watch every damn word you say to people nowadays because people are either way too touchy or read into things that aren't even there. Relax, my friend. In no way, shape or form was I hitting on a stranger on the internet that I'll never meet in real life. I was just trying to be nice because your comment was saddening. I have a girlfriend of over 10 years so I think you're safe from me.  ?

Ive tried hardcore twice. Both with outlander (cos thats who im working thru softcore with) but died twice.

Been thinking about trying a summoner engineer with all the robots with summon skeltons n zombies etc. 

Sort of...a steampunk necromancer.

Edited by punkshepherd
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

You really do have to watch every damn word you say to people nowadays because people are either way too touchy or read into things that aren't even there.

I don't even have a boyfriend...and I'm not a woman...or an administrator. Just been drinking today.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, Helyx said:

Not even close. I did TL2 in a week, and that was doing two different difficulty playthroughs. If you start HC from the beginning, you can cut down a full playthrough but I'd recommend backing up your save often if you go that route.

My question to this answer above: was the grind as bad as the trophy All That Glitters from Diablo III vanilla. "Not even close" was your response. Welp... I have to say that um, I completely disagree here. After already completing that horrible trophy years ago I can honestly say that the grind here to level 100 is far worse. I'm on my second playthrough, about to start my third real soon and I'm only level 82. On both playthroughs I've scoured every inch of every map, explored every dungeon, killed all enemies and did every single quest and I'm sure I'm going to have to do a big chunk of this again in New Game++ until I FINALLY hit level 100! Unbearable, tedious chore! I started on Hardcore and never switched just to avoid as many playthroughs as possible. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

6 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I have to say that um, I completely disagree here.

I've noticed this game seems to have given you quite some trouble Your experience is not typical, and nobody I played with had the types of issues you've seemed to run across.

I just checked your game profile... wow dude you never even played the vanilla Diablo III version for the PlayStation 3 let alone got the trophy All That Glitters! How on earth can you sit there and say that the grind to reach level 100 in Torchlight is, in your words, "not even close" to how bad the grind is for All That Glitters???? You have no idea because you never even played it! Why post an answer to a question that you have no knowledge of whatsoever? 

I've played BOTH of these games and All That Glitters sucked! Hard! But reaching level 100 in Torchlight is far worse!

Edited by MrTacoNinja