Expansion Pass Two incoming!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope some trophies will be different from the Steam version. How it has already been done. Im beat 100% Steam achievements and 

I want to say that for the console version, some trophies will be difficult. I advise you not to update the game until you are done with the current list of trophies.

Edited by DimaBerg

Well damn, Stellaris arent messing around with new trophies.

As well as the 4 you listed above with the Synthetic Dawn DLC, theres also another 8 trophies added with todays update.

They also have lists for Apocalypse DLC showing already (Including the 'Destroy another Empires Colossus while it is in the process of firing on a planet' which is just such a damn annoyance to get), Distant Stars DLC AND amazingly, we've already got the Megacorp DLC trophies listed :o

Which, confirmation that Megacorp is definitely coming? Thats amazing.

2 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Well damn, Stellaris arent messing around with new trophies.

As well as the 4 you listed above with the Synthetic Dawn DLC, theres also another 8 trophies added with todays update.

They also have lists for Apocalypse DLC showing already (Including the 'Destroy another Empires Colossus while it is in the process of firing on a planet' which is just such a damn annoyance to get), Distant Stars DLC AND amazingly, we've already got the Megacorp DLC trophies listed :o

Which, confirmation that Megacorp is definitely coming? Thats amazing.

That sure is gonna be quite a few playthroughs but I'm happy about that. ? I remember wondering a bit about that colossus achievement because I never encountered an AI colossus on PC but also never actively tried to get it. Is it linked to a certain Fallen Empire? Looks like season pass 3 confirmed already, rip wallet... xD

8 minutes ago, Poramies said:

That sure is gonna be quite a few playthroughs but I'm happy about that. 1f603.png I remember wondering a bit about that colossus achievement because I never encountered an AI colossus on PC but also never actively tried to get it. Is it linked to a certain Fallen Empire? Looks like season pass 3 confirmed already, rip wallet... xD

Yeah, starting again on my new 100% comp account is gonna be hell.

Though, the way the game changed in 2.0/2.2 makes the game 'easier' to breeze through certain gamestyles.

The Colossus trophy will 100% be one of the least completed trophies around.

Its insanely difficult and RNG dependent. Like, on the PC, the way to 'get it' is to create the biggest galaxy with no AI Empires and the Max Fallen Empires. 

On the PC you would check the save file to see if one of the FE's had the colossus at the start, as they dont build them ingame.

Then you would need to find the FE that has the Colossus and bait them into attacking a world you had on their borders, the issue then is that the AI is completely messed up in Stellaris. The FE AI takes both Colossus AND takes their fleet + Landing fleet to invade planets. So instead of firing the Colossus, they invade with ground troops instead (And the Colossus just sits there until they succeed).

You had to wait for the Colossus to show, then destroy the defending fleets + Troop transports before they got to the planet, then jump out of the system and then wait for the Colossus to start charging its laser (takes 3 ingame months), once it gets to 75%, you then have to jump into the system and blow it up. The laser takes 2 months to fire at 75% charge, so you had 2 months to destroy it. If you jump in before the 75% charge, the Colossus retreats.

So, on console, without any way to check save files, you would have to play through a game, getting to the point where your fleet is big enough to kill FEs, then attack each one and HOPE that one had the Colossus, then you would have to do the above.

So yeah, IMO, 100%-ing Stellaris on Console will take upwards of 250, 300 Hours (Unless getting insanely lucky).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

How different does the console version of this game differ to PC ?

In terms of what exactly?

Its a few patches (And Expansions, including Apocalypse/Federations) behind.

Other than that, its pretty much a carbon copy of the 2.2.7 patch of the PC Game.

The only 2 major changes (That sorta upset me but i get why) is that you are limited to galaxy size (600 instead of 1k) and the speed of the game is slower. The fastest PS4 speed is the medium PC speed. 

Considering how 'in-depth' the game is, the control scheme is done incredibly well and IMO its the best PC-Console port for Strategy games around.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

In terms of what exactly?

Its a few patches (And Expansions, including Apocalypse/Federations) behind.

Other than that, its pretty much a carbon copy of the 2.2.7 patch of the PC Game.

The only 2 major changes (That sorta upset me but i get why) is that you are limited to galaxy size (600 instead of 1k) and the speed of the game is slower. The fastest PS4 speed is the medium PC speed. 

Considering how 'in-depth' the game is, the control scheme is done incredibly well and IMO its the best PC-Console port for Strategy games around.

Thanks.

Do you suggest purchasing the season pass when hunting the platinum or is the console edition ok ?

3 minutes ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

Thanks.

Do you suggest purchasing the season pass when hunting the platinum or is the console edition ok ?

If you just want the platinum, its easy enough to get without any of the Expansions.

Having Synthetic Dawn + Utopia will make it a ton easier because Machine Empires (Especially Assimilator) are just stupidly broken. (This is primarily for the 100k Fleet power + 3 Empires as Vassals)

If you do everything 'legit' in terms of 'Peacekeeper'/'Very Open Borders', the extra additions in the packs will help. (Though, you can cheese these trophies through galaxy creation)

As it is though, the gameplay changes in 2.2 (Free update) makes a lot of the platinum stuff easy AF.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Aha! I was hoping someone would mention controls. Reading opinions and watching reviews etc on this game today.

It looks grand (heh) but my only doubt is the controls cos so many "pc then to console" strategy games have poor controls. 

It seems high praise this. I may divulge....

Edited by punkshepherd
Coronavirus

As someone who obtained all trophies up to this new season pass, I was very pleased with how easy the controls were to get to grips with. Do I want to spend the money on another season pass? Not particularly but I would recommend this game to anyone looking to experience galactic adventures on a massive scale. 

5 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Aha! I was hoping someone would mention controls. Reading opinions and watching reviews etc on this game today.

It looks grand (heh) but my only doubt is the controls cos so many "pc then to console" strategy games have poor controls. 

It seems high praise this. I may divulge....

For how in-depth the game is, the controls are really well mapped and easy to figure out.

Really, my ONLY complaint about the controls on console version, when you get a few ships and worlds going, its slow to move down the menu of ships.

Im not sure if there is a way to speed that up, i havent really looked that far into it because its not gamebreaking at all.

I will say Stellaris is one of my favorite games ever, especially as a Sci-Fi fan, theres so many little nods at great works of Sci-Fi and the roleplayability of the game is great.

That said, you really need to be interested in these kind of games for it to appeal IMO. Its such a big commitment to get into.

• Like 1

Righto. I've noticed that Distant Stars and Megacorp are listed here despite not being listed as part of the Expansion Pass Two. Are they going to be coming as part of an Expansion Pass Three or am I missing something?

Why they added trophies, but did not add content. What the fuck is that? Now I have to wait for them to be born. Apocalypse not listed even though I bought it. Distant Star and Megacorp about this not a word at all. I hate them. 

Patch 2.2 is crap, but this situation is even crap.

Edited by DimaBerg

11 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

Righto. I've noticed that Distant Stars and Megacorp are listed here despite not being listed as part of the Expansion Pass Two. Are they going to be coming as part of an Expansion Pass Three or am I missing something?

From what i can see, they added the infrastructure for those Expansion packs, as there's stuff like 'Corporate' as a tab in the planet screen.

Expansion Pass 3 will probably be Megacorp, Lithoid Species Pack and Distant Stars (Though, there could just be a Megacorp DLC on its own).

The way they've done it, i think it just speeds up the development of future patches. Wouldnt surprise me to see Megacorp coming out in December or January.

1 hour ago, DimaBerg said:

Why they added trophies, but did not add content. What the fuck is that? Now I have to wait for them to be born. Apocalypse not listed even though I bought it. Distant Star and Megacorp about this not a word at all. I hate them. 

Patch 2.2 is crap, but this situation is even crap.

Apocalypse is future DLC, just like the first Expansion Pass was.

Its been said from the announcement that Synthetic Dawn was the only thing available, with Apocalypse and Humanoid species Pack coming in time.

Patch 2.2 is what Megacorp, Distant Start and Lithoid Pack were developed on, so it looks like they updated the infrastructure of the game so they can add those games quicker.

I dont know where youve been looking but theyve been very open about whats coming up in future patches and their roadmap.

I prefer Patch 2.0 to everything else but Patch 2.2 is still a substantial upgrade to 1.8.7

• Like 1