Refuelling from tanker

Paranoimia

Started on this yesterday, and loving it, but getting frustrated over one thing...

I found a tanker trailer which was apparently full with 2000 litres of fuel, and I started towing it to refuel another truck which was part way through a mission.

The truck I was towing it with ran out of fuel... but I can't for the life of me figure out how to refuel from the trailer. I've got no options in the control menu at all. Either it's glitched, or I'm missing something.

10 hours ago, Paranoimia said:

Started on this yesterday, and loving it, but getting frustrated over one thing...

I found a tanker trailer which was apparently full with 2000 litres of fuel, and I started towing it to refuel another truck which was part way through a mission.

The truck I was towing it with ran out of fuel... but I can't for the life of me figure out how to refuel from the trailer. I've got no options in the control menu at all. Either it's glitched, or I'm missing something.

You press :up: on the dpad which gives you functions. Then click refuel (you have to be near the trailer) and then another menu comes up to refuel. Hope that helps

• Like 1

There is another slightly annoying issue with refueling from a trailer (might be the OP issue), for some reason the source of the fuel always defaults to the fuel trailer towing truck, and the fuel trailer is the receiver (maybe by design, maybe you can refuel from your truck to boost another to a fuel station?), you have to first make the trailer not the receiver, than you can make it the source, and so refuel from the fuel trailer - game not open atm, hope this makes sense.

15 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

You press :up: on the dpad which gives you functions. Then click refuel (you have to be near the trailer) and then another menu comes up to refuel. Hope that helps

That's just it... when I open the Functions menu, there is no option to refuel.

Someone else has told me that the trailer might be one for a mission which comes later, which is why I can't take fuel from it. If that's the case, it would be nice if the game told you.

Okay, it seems this is not a glitch as I first thought.

A couple of people elsewhere on the web suggested to me that this particular trailer may be part of one of the missions I've not yet discovered, which is why I can't refuel from it.

I came across another tanker last night, also full of fuel, and was able to refuel from that without any problems, so it seems they may be correct. It's a shame the game doesn't give you any indication of that fact though, as prior to getting stuck I'd spent a long time trying to tow it my other vehicle to refuel it, and it would have been utterly useless anyway. Things in this game take long enough to achieve anyway, without wasting time on a wild goose chase such as this. I appreciate that 'slow and steady' is kinda what the game is, but even so...