Nice game, broken trophies

Ehh, I wanted it to be my 5th plat in April, but of course that shit called "My Cape" had to glitch on me. How is it possible that devs leave bugs that were in PS3 version? In general, counting system in this game is pure garbage. I love when nice games (I really enjoy this title) have broken trophies that take away whole fun.

Edited by Cerber108
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I played this game years ago on ps4 and a few trophies glitched, stopping me from obtaining the plat and some dlc trophies, on saints row 3 remastered I played the whole game whilst disconnected from the Internet and all trophies popped regularly despite some being widely glitched, this may work with saints row IV I will have to play through the game again and try it

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Considering doing this plat on PS5. U guyz still experiencing this glitch?

I remember doing this plat on PS3 & having no issues at all, but I followed a step by step guide to avoid the glitch posted in the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide. Hope it works the same after all these years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can confirm that the cape trophy is indeed still bugged...

Even tried loading an older save where I had only maxed 1 power, but that didn't help in the slightest.

So now I'll have to replay most of the game because the devs don't even care to fix a bug that was present back in the original game...

Edit: took me about 11h for a new playthrough to get to the breaking mission with no powers bought, level 50 and collected enough shards.

Edited by Lymus

• 5 weeks later...

Got this from playstationtrophies.org ... Hope this will help some out of this glitch or prevent it.  Sorry for anyone who has experienced it.. Starting the game soon.  Does anyone know if you can still get the upload your character trophy still?  thanks!
Source: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/saints-row-4-re-elected/trophy/103742-wheres-my-cape-.html

Where's My Cape?
This trophy can glitch on you if you max out any powers upgrades early on in the game, it is best to leave a one or more unbought from each power to near the end or not upgrade them at all. Make a separate save as soon as the mission "The Kinzie Gambit" (Betrayed) pops up in your quests in case it glitches (Read on for reasons why). Here's a method to fix the glitch, thanks to Ponypo2011 over at XBA.org:

Good news people, I have solved this. I got hit by the glitch so decided to do some work. Do EXACTLY as I write below and you will 100% get the achievement. I will also explain why it glitches. Firstly, the bad news. You need a save before the "The Kinzie Gambit" mission and I'd also advise not having done Gat's loyalty mission, and not collected all the data clusters. Ok, if you have a save before all that, load it up and do the following :-

1 - Do all of Gat's side missions, heck do everyone's side missions and loyalty missions to make sure.

2 - Once they are all clear, collect all the data clusters.

3 - Do the story missions up to and including "The Kinzie Gambit".

4 - After that mission, you will have more new powers to unlock than if you tried to max them out before. Purchase them and enjoy your super glitchy achievement.

You see, if you try and purchase all the powers early, you're [screwed]. If you wait until later as posted above, you will gain access to 3-4 more powers than if you try earlier. This is the cause of the glitch.

I hope this works for others!

I almost forgot: I still have one locked power to unlock for the fight clubs but this achievement only requires the power upgrades that you spend clusters on

You purchase super power upgrades by collecting Data Clusters that are spread throughout the map, of which there are 1225. You'll need to get all of these anyway so purchasing the upgrades won't be a problem. You'll also need to max out your level (50) to have all upgrades available for purchase. Some are also only unlocked through missions and side missions. After buying all of the upgrades, you will have 190 data clusters left to spare.

• 1 year later...
On 05/11/2021 at 7:55 PM, Lymus said:

I can confirm that the cape trophy is indeed still bugged...

Even tried loading an older save where I had only maxed 1 power, but that didn't help in the slightest.

So now I'll have to replay most of the game because the devs don't even care to fix a bug that was present back in the original game...

Edit: took me about 11h for a new playthrough to get to the breaking mission with no powers bought, level 50 and collected enough shards.

Where's My Cape also glitched on me, and this has to be the most critical bug I've ever encountered in my whole trophy life. It basically cost me 14 hours of my life. It's especially bad as you have to collect again about 70/80% of the 1,200 shards AND grind your way back to level 50, since some superpower upgrades are only unlocked at higher levels. I wish the trophy guide was WAY more cautionary about this.

Just to clarify for those who would be unfortunate enough to get the glitch and start over : some upgrades are also locked before you complete a set number of challenges. Fortunately you do NOT need those for the Cape trophy, which means you don't have to complete challenges again as well.

Anyway, I'm officially done with any Saints Row game forever.

On 14.05.2023 at 11:39 AM, JeManquedHygiene said:

Where's My Cape also glitched on me, and this has to be the most critical bug I've ever encountered in my whole trophy life. It basically cost me 14 hours of my life. It's especially bad as you have to collect again about 70/80% of the 1,200 shards AND grind your way back to level 50, since some superpower upgrades are only unlocked at higher levels. I wish the trophy guide was WAY more cautionary about this.

Just to clarify for those who would be unfortunate enough to get the glitch and start over : some upgrades are also locked before you complete a set number of challenges. Fortunately you do NOT need those for the Cape trophy, which means you don't have to complete challenges again as well.

Anyway, I'm officially done with any Saints Row game forever.

Yay, another club member. I bought new SR dirt-cheap but promised myself I'd only play it if there would be no DLCs or trophies for them. We all know what happend and now I'm waiting for satisfying offer for my copy. 

• 5 months later...

Im here to report, i get where my cape trophy, my tip is, have a lot of manual saves, dont max all powers, do all partners sidequest and loyalty quest before the main mission "kinzie gambit", then get enough clusters for max all skills, then do kinzie gambit mission and later that, finish max all your powers and congrats! You have the worst main game trophy