On sale for $0.99 and a low plat %

Personally, I found the difficulty to be slightly challenging.

The beginning of the game is the hardest part since all your weapons suck and the game likes to place spikes everywhere in the first 3 stages. The spikes don't instantly kill you but they do decent damage and are tricky to avoid sometimes. The third stage is 90% spikes and I think most people drop the game around that point; I don't really blame them because it's quite annoying. The fourth stage is a bit tricky but the stages after are not noteworthy.

Heroic mode makes enemies and obstacles deal double damage (the spikes are back with vengeance). The game gets a little harder and I died a few more times then on my normal playthrough. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

Personally, I found the difficulty to be slightly challenging.

The beginning of the game is the hardest part since all your weapons suck and the game likes to place spikes everywhere in the first 3 stages. The spikes don't instantly kill you but they do decent damage and are tricky to avoid sometimes. The third stage is 90% spikes and I think most people drop the game around that point; I don't really blame them because it's quite annoying. The fourth stage is a bit tricky but the stages after are not noteworthy.

Heroic mode makes enemies and obstacles deal double damage (the spikes are back with vengeance). The game gets a little harder and I died a few more times then on my normal playthrough. 

Thanks for the response.  I see you platted the game in just over 8 hours, so the difficulty couldn't have slowed you down too much.  ;)   (Granted, you're probably a more adept player than I am.)

How was locating all of the secret areas?  A quick search on YT didn't yield any videos outlining where they could be found.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2020 at 7:47 PM, IntroPhenom said:

Only one plat achiever out of 18 owners.  Is the difficulty significant?

It's tough on the early levels... especially 3 and on heroic it's even worse. The middle levels are a lot easier and it picks back up again for the last levels but not as bad. 

Remembering the layout of the level will help a lot and save you a lot of time from restarting levels. Run through them again on normal to refresh and figure out the best strategy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tacoronte84 said:

Missing the secrets areas, cant find them all. Is there a guide or map? 

I missed some as well. With my full upgraded character I went back and replayed the from the beginning and found a secret area I missed in the 2nd level and the trophy.

Use these tips

On 01/05/2020 at 8:09 PM, AuroraHistoire said:

1. You are never required to take damage to access one.
  2. They are almost always hidden in thicker parts of the environment.  
  3. If you have to fall down a small empty corridor, there is usually on hidden in one of the walls. That trick is used a lot, especially in the later levels.
  4. Any "arena" area where you're forced to fight a wave or two of enemies, never contain a secret area.
  5. The last stage does not have a secret area. 
  6. There is no way track how many you have found but most contain health, armour and ammo capacity upgrades that are tracked by level. A few only have health and armour pickups but I don't rember any secret areas past the 4th stage that don't contain an upgrade. 

Not sure about #6 but this should help

• Like 1

Got it!!! Finally!! 

Note:

15 hours ago, Ronin893 said:

I missed some as well. With my full upgraded character I went back and replayed the from the beginning and found a secret area I missed in the 2nd level and the trophy.

Use these tips

Not sure about #6 but this should help

Got it!! Finally!! 

The are secret areas after chapter 4 without upgrades, i was missing an area at chapter 7 with a few health and shield. 

Thanks! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tacoronte84 said:

Got it!! Finally!! 

The are secret areas after chapter 4 without upgrades, i was missing an area at chapter 7 with a few health and shield. 

Thanks! 

Congrats. I was pretty sure there was.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...