Triangle and Circle button wrong way around

You

Can we have a show of hands for people like me who swapped the Special Move and Pickup buttons? :)

I can't think of any game that has Triangle as a special Attack and many beat em ups like Dragon Crown had Triangle and pickup throw and Circle as Special. Dynasty Warriors games all have Square Attack, X Jump and Circle as Special.

It feels weird that they would have the buttons this way around.

I originally thought they would have Square as Special, X as Attack and Circle as Jump like in the original Megadrive/Genesis games, I guess times have changed though.

I tried different layouts for controls and none of them worked as much as the original controls. Even Legacy controls are wrong, even if you swap them, you need to make an odd combination of moves to perform the special attack.

Im sure this is all different because we have a "Pick up" button this time and you can't disable it. I rather use my attack button to pick up itens like in the original. Swapping it to the Triangle button isn't quite handy. So I'll stick with the default layout. See the Triangle button as an Heavy attack, like most games use these days ;)