Freighters: Awesome!.... I think

DaveMcDamage

Hi all,

There I was, just after finishing the Beyond mission and now on New Beginnings. All my stuff was wrecked, and I need that wire loom stuff. Costs a frikkin fortune but sometimes you get Nexus missions which gives a very juicy 15 for completing whatever mission they're offered with. Anyway, I lucked out and none had it so I just did some other missions in hope to gain some money. 

Then when I was done I wanted to go off and make a manual save, but as I left the Anomaly it spat me into a warp and when I came out I was in this huge frikkin battle against space pirates (worst kind if you ask me). I saved the day and the admiral invited me to there ship. Was buzzing because never saw the inside of one yet. Anyway I spoke with him..... NOW I OWN A FRIKKIN FREIGHTER.... FOR FREE!!!! :D:P:o:D 

So I built the command room, installed my own manual save gizmo in there too... oh yes. Then it asked me to do a mission, I started one and it said it would take an hour but I don't have a frikkin clue what is going on. It asked how many ships I wanted to send, so I take it you can own more than one freighter? Other than these timed missions, is there any other use to the freighters

• 3 months later...

Didn't want to leave you hanging... so to answer your question...

so I take it you can own more than one freighter?

Nope only one Capital Ship/Freighter

It asked how many ships I wanted to send...

I presume you are talking about the fleet missions that is given at the Captain's bridge, aren't you? We can keep a maximum total of 30 frigates to send to at least five missions at a time.  To send 5 missions in one go, you must have 5 command rooms installed in your freighter. There is a cool-down period after all mission commanders have been debriefed - I think it's around 20 hours before you can restart the missions.

Your frigates class upgrades after a while and can reach S-Rank as well. Make sure you have a balance of frigate types - combat, support, trade, exploration and the most rare to find are the  industrial frigates. Keep at least 5 of each, most likely combat will have more of that for sure.  I'm really enjoying these fleet missions, almost getting all my frigates to S-Class now.  The longer the duration of the mission (the 15-20 hour types) the better the rewards, most of the time they are materials to assemble/craft Stasis Devices, Fusion Ignitors, Quantum Processors etc. Shorter missions only give you rare metals and rocks as well as units.