I respect low completion rate profiles

PalaceOfLove706

8 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I play what I want to play on my profile because that's the history of my "gaming career" sort of speak. I am a completionist, I will go out of my way and try to 100% every game I play because I don't really buy games I wasn't at least mildly interested in playing, but I don't care if some unobtainable platinums come into my way. At least I'm honest with myself, not like many people here who have 100% accounts because "that's the way they always play" and yet they have a separate account where they play old and unobtainable games, and then playing until the maximum completion possible isn't a case anymore, because having a perfect account is more important than gaming itself. Laughable. 

Wow that is quite extreme - I am the same way as you, I do try for the 100% but if I can’t do it I don’t “regret” going for it, it makes our profile more organic and realistic. As you say, it’s more like a history of gaming essentially.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Wow that is quite extreme - I am the same way as you, I do try for the 100% but if I can’t do it I don’t “regret” going for it, it makes our profile more organic and realistic. As you say, it’s more like a history of gaming essentially.

It's not extreme. It's passionate.

• Like 3

I am much the same. In general if I really want to play a game, I will play it, regardless of trophies. I'm not going to bother making another profile to trial the game first, or play it without getting all the trophies. If I am not sure if I will like a game, and the trophies are impossible, I may not try it, but in general this is usually because the game is not really my sort of game anyway. Certainly I am a completionist, but I do have games on my profile it is likely I will never 100%, with one that's impossible (GTA V ps3... ugh). I do agree it's like a history, 100% or not.

However... I guess this is the sort of thing where it's really up to the person. We all earn trophies because we enjoy it! If someone wants to go to the effort of making another profile to play other games so that their main profile stays at 100%... well it's not hurting anyone I guess.

• Like 3

Just now, Paramnesiac86 said:

Such a subjective matter. People are different, they like different things. Low rate or high rate, can we just do what we love to do in whatever way we want to do it ? :)

To each their own! All I was saying is that low completion rate profiles still consist of great gamers like completionists. I’ve seen in other threads a discourse about completion rates being a star stat and there’s a debate to be had for sure. 

• Like 4

Yes, I agree. People who meticulously craft their profile in order to achieve that perfect 100%, or even make a second account for this, I just don’t understand. Nothing wrong with it, to each their own.

Even though I’m a completionist I’ve accepted the fact I’ll never have a 100% profile. I do try to complete every game that I start, and I genuinely enjoy some of the harder plats, but I’m also fine with leaving it if I don’t find it very fun.

• Like 3

topics like this always remind me of people commenting on others' social status..."he's rich/poor...he must be miserable/happy...i'm middle class so I'm cool...right?"...

when gamers make blankets statements on what should be considered fun ways of playing games and then assign respect only to those who meet their standard it just breeds separation imo...i realised long ago that all profiles are perfect since they are the way they are...if they weren't, they'd be some other way...

that being said, i'm not much one for profile stalking nor will I ever assign anyone respect or specific judgments based on their trophies alone...and if I actually cared if someone is having fun or not gaming, I'd probably just ask them directly...fortunately, others people's enjoyment only really affects me if we're playing a game online together and %99.99 of the time I can say "yep, we're having fun"...i don't understand why other people earning certain trophies = fun/not fun = good/bad = deserves judgment/affects me...and yes, it's quite possible I'm just not intelligent enough to get it...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I respect low-completion profiles too. Hell, I respect any profile, as there are many ways to pursue this hobby, and each gamer has to decide what is THEIR way to trophy hunt. 

That being said, it seems like the opposite is not always the case. In every single thread about 100% profiles there are people without 100% profiles stating the following: 

• "A 100% profile is worthless since it is not what I enjoy doing"
  • "Gamers with 100% profiles only play easy games as to not endanger that statistic"
  • "People with 100% profiles avoid certain games based on their trophy lists"
  • "Players with 100% accounts have secondary accounts to test games, and maintain their 'perfect profile'". 

No, just no. Some might for sure, but the generalization needs to stop. 

Well said, there are a lot of strange assumptions people make about the way others game who have near- or 100% complete accounts.

I don't think this is about respect or not respect. In the end trophy hunting is just a hobby. People choose how they want to play. If 100% profile can give them enjoyment, then go for it and have fun. Same thing for low completion rate profile, as long as people find enjoyment for what they are doing, that's what important. 

When it comes to 100% profile, it is definitely meaning something. Dedication, passion, etc. However, I normally look into the story behind this 100% profile. Last year I met some people who have impressive profiles, but learning their real life situation. I notice some of them take trophy hunting way too serious. It is too serious so they forget what their priority is in real life. In that case, even if they have a 100% profile, I don't think that is something to be proud of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

A nice idea in theory, though completely absurd in practice, at least for most players. Whatever your profile has on it is very, very unlikely to be even remotely comprehensive for your "history of gaming", unless you started your gaming career on PS3/PS4, have never owned any other gaming console and never played any games on your pc in your life. I had like half a dozen gaming consoles in my life that weren't PS consoles, and I always played a bit on PC too, mainly for strategy games that are very underrepresented on any console, so there is no comprehensive list of all the games I played in my life because they are divided among so many systems.

When it comes to respecting low completion, I agree, completion is not the only thing to look for when it comes to how impressive a profile is, even when I am back at 100% there will be many profiles in the 80-90% completion that I deem much more impressive than my own, just for other things than a flawless completion rate. One of my most respected online friends in this community has an unusually low completion rate due to the sheer number of games he owns and the fact that there exists no game he shies away from playing, no matter how insanely hard, or absurd, or obscure it might be, and that alone is worth respecting even before looking at the impressive trophies on that profile. People place different values on different things, I value completion a lot, but also average rarity, total number of trophies, especially impressive games that are completed and most importantly how it looks as a whole.

• Like 1

IDGAF about completion rate, I simply platinum games I have fun with. But I have to admit I find it cool to look at my profile and find easy platinums not done and platinums in Dead Space 2, Vanquish or Hotline Miami 2 next to them. If I enjoy the game there is anything that can stop me from getting platinum, but if I don't enjoy the game, there is no price that could induce me to get platinum in it.

Edited by xprzemo98

1 hour ago, Nighcisama said:

A nice idea in theory, though completely absurd in practice, at least for most players. Whatever your profile has on it is very, very unlikely to be even remotely comprehensive for your "history of gaming", unless you started your gaming career on PS3/PS4, have never owned any other gaming console and never played any games on your pc in your life. I had like half a dozen gaming consoles in my life that weren't PS consoles, and I always played a bit on PC too, mainly for strategy games that are very underrepresented on any console, so there is no comprehensive list of all the games I played in my life because they are divided among so many systems.

When it comes to respecting low completion, I agree, completion is not the only thing to look for when it comes to how impressive a profile is, even when I am back at 100% there will be many profiles in the 80-90% completion that I deem much more impressive than my own, just for other things than a flawless completion rate. One of my most respected online friends in this community has an unusually low completion rate due to the sheer number of games he owns and the fact that there exists no game he shies away from playing, no matter how insanely hard, or absurd, or obscure it might be, and that alone is worth respecting even before looking at the impressive trophies on that profile. People place different values on different things, I value completion a lot, but also average rarity, total number of trophies, especially impressive games that are completed and most importantly how it looks as a whole.

Yeah I’ve games a lot before PlayStation but ps3 and 4 nothing compares to the hours I’ve put into that and that is because of trophies, they add huge replay value and this site designing a rank system revolutionized the platform in my opinion. So while it doesn’t constitute a full history, it certainly is a broad one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xprzemo98 said:

IDGAF about completion rate, I simply platinum games I have fun with. But I have to admit I find it cool to look at my profile and find easy platinums not done and platinums in Dead Space 2, Vanquish or Hotline Miami 2 next to them. If I enjoy the game there is anything that can stop me from getting platinum, but if I don't enjoy the game, there is no price that could induce me to get platinum in it.

congrats by the way on the WipeOut plat - I know how hard that was :)

8 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

congrats by the way on the WipeOut plat - I know how hard that was :)

Thanks, but to be honest it was not THAT hard for me. I still find Dead Space 2 as my hardest Platinum, that was really tough and I had nightmares with necromorphs for a week after beating hardcore mode.

1 minute ago, xprzemo98 said:

Thanks, but to be honest it was not THAT hard for me. I still find Dead Space 2 as my hardest Platinum, that was really tough and I had nightmares with necromorphs for a week after beating hardcore mode.

The beat Zico was what almost killed me, after many attempts and not coming close I tied it and sat there wondering what will happen? I didn’t know a tie was good enough - then it popped and I felt the flood of relief set in lol. Haven’t tried dead space 2 but you make me want to avoid it

• 1 year later...

My completion rate is 20%. This is because over the years I have stepped into numerous games I quickly realise I'll never touch again.

There is a part of me now that wants to go back through the backlog of games I actually want to finish and complete those.. but for the most part there are just too many games I'm not going to slog through for the sake of it.

Yet I consider myself a completionist somehow  . I just don't define it by the games in my library..but the games I genuinely want to finish and complete. 2022 is the year to work through my gargantuan backlog ... A good 40% of the bass I've started though will never see the light of day on my system

Your profile should always be considered your gaming diary. That’s how I view mine. I have plenty of games that are not 100% and many that are <10% and I’m totally fine with that. 

Whenever I don’t have anything to play I go through my profile to see what games I have and what to play. 

But a lot of 100% players still play a lot of other games, they just do it on another profile. 

• Like 1

I've always seem a person with 90% accounts, with every game platinumed, like a someone without social life. Is it accurate? Maybe. Is it fair to call somebody like that? Maybe. Do you mind me resting my hand in your lap? Maybe. I have one example, when one of my former friends, dumped his girlfriend because of plats. That's just a example. But yeah, profile is like buisness card, and having everything best doesn't mean that we're good.

I mean people game how they want....but I too have a low completion %. There are several reasons for this. 1. I just buy a lot of games. 2022 is going to be the year I slow down and start working on those games. 2. I put everything I buy on my tag. IDC, If I have it- it's there (The only exceptions are the last bunch of PS4 games I bought because I haven't got to it yet,.and my PSVR games because I've never set it up).  3. My profile is all me. I won't lie and hide behind an "alt" 4. I don't have a ton of gaming time, I believe I have 2 trophies earned in the last month. 5. I game on multiple platforms. PS, Xbox, PC, retro consoles, etc. 6. I'm not going to waste my time on BS grindy or inane trophies. How someone can sit and do the same thing for a thousand hours for a digital ping is beyond me- but I won't skip a game because it has such a trophy (A game like Diablo 2). If that's what you enjoy doing, cool beans...it's your life However, don't look down on or come at me because I don't game that way- see below

My issue with completion % here is how people treat you because of it. Several times I've had my opinion on a subject nullified because someone will take the time to look at my profile, and use it to determine I have no say on whatever the matter at hand is. I've been a gamer longer than most people here have probably been alive, just because I have a life and a career and can't play games 24/7 doesn't mean mean I am uneducated when it comes to games and gaming. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1