Would you play a game for the platinum

Yandeyu

Can be a game you hate, love, interested in, don't care about whatever I'm just curious.

I my case I'm willing to at least try to platinum a game I like and I will PLAY the game before serious trophy hunting.

Example: Mamorukun curse, arcana hearts 3, sonic(generations, unleashed, adventure 1&2, sonic4 episode 2), hyperdimension neptuina mk2 & Victory etc.     

but I can't see myself getting a platinum for a game I'm not having fun with.

Example: COD(MW3&black ops), wwe(13&all stars), madden(10&11), persona 4 arena, Crescent Pale Mist etc.

Depends on the game. Obviously I'm not gonna try to platinum a game that I hate (X-Blades) but if it's a game I actually like and enjoy playing I'll try to get the plat and get the annoying trophies outta of the way. That reminds me Victory finally have those dlc characters out I might actually go back and play that O_O I don't care that I have the platinum

I agree what your sayin. I really want to get a plat my fav game like kingdom hearts , disgaea, persona, atelier series, and etc.

I dont fell like plat a game if its not my interest. Call of duty has overpriced dlc which im not intrest of and fighting games like blazblue gets to my excitement but since its a fighting game (and im no good at fightng games :( ), i cant plat.

Lastly, I mostly plat games on vita cuz i spent so much time using it and i rarely use the ps3..

I'd only ever play a game if I think it looks interesting (or I'm excited for it, or it looks great, etc.); playing a game I hate or don't enjoy just for trophies doesn't really appeal to me.

I don't really have enough time to be playing games I'm not interested in as well as those I am... the life of a uni student is a busy one.

It would have to be at least marginally entertaining. I could not play a mind-numbingly boring game all the way to Platinum UNLESS it was a super easy platinum.

The only game I've played mainly just to platinum was Sound Shapes and I got it in just over a day.

Darksiders isn't impressing me too much right now but I've heard good things so I'm trying to power on.

Darksiders is one game I CAN NOT tolerate. Its was just too damn boring and the controls didn't feel tight enough.

Its a worse God of War ripoff than Dante's Inferno, which I also would not platinum.

Edited by rsoto1125

Darksiders isn't impressing me too much right now but I've heard good things so I'm trying to power on.

I can completely relate to this.

I loathe the game, but so many others say how great it is. I am trying my best to endure it and some parts/levels are cool, but I just can't get into it that much. I know I am close to finishing it, but still have a lot of exploring to do for Armor, XP farming to max out weapons and upgrades but I play it for a bit, move onto to another game, finish that game, play a bit more and so on.

Seems the only way I will be able to finish it I think.

• Like 1

I don't think there will be games I will just play to get trophies or a platinum. I only buy games I really want to play and even if they are not top-notch I will sit through them as I have always done with games that are not totally unplayable. I may skip trophies then if it doesn't make me wanna go on after completing the main part of the game (story, career, ...).

I still might come back to it one day and go for it because I have always been a 100% guy. Even before trophies and achievements I'd always look at the stats screen and maximize all I can although there was no way to show other people without lots of hassle (taking pictures, uploading, posting / capture videos, edit, upload, post).

Bad thing is, I already have a game on my profile I might never play because my gf started it when I was logged in so I'm stuck with it and that bugs my 100% mentality  :ninja:

• Like 2

It would have to be at least marginally entertaining. I could not play a mind-numbingly boring game all the way to Platinum UNLESS it was a super easy platinum.

The only game I've played mainly just to platinum was Sound Shapes and I got it in just over a day.

Darksiders is one game I CAN NOT tolerate. Its was just too damn boring and the controls didn't feel tight enough.

Its a worse God of War ripoff than Dante's Inferno, which I also would not platinum.

I can completely relate to this.

I loathe the game, but so many others say how great it is. I am trying my best to endure it and some parts/levels are cool, but I just can't get into it that much. I know I am close to finishing it, but still have a lot of exploring to do for Armor, XP farming to max out weapons and upgrades but I play it for a bit, move onto to another game, finish that game, play a bit more and so on.

Seems the only way I will be able to finish it I think.

This game is a bad mix between the worst of God of war and worst of  Legend of zelda.  I never thought  I would miss GOW's fixed camera but I do.

• Like 1

Terminator Salvation.

Could not stand it but i plowed through for 3 hours broken up into half hour blocks and got the platinum but im not sure if i could do that again.

That was brutal.  Long ass cutscenes bad, infrequent checkpoints (with cutscenes replayed if you die)  When the last trophy didn't pop for the platinum I nearly cried, but I reloaded the save and finished the short scene before credits and boom it popped.  I wanted to sue Gamefly for shipping me that game, there should have been a disclaimer with an "are you sure " yes/no popup.

I did for a while. Went through GameFly's service and grabbed a bunch of easy plats. Even though it was time and money I used on the service I don't necessarily regret it. Now, with so many games in my backlog, I try to only play games I like and only consider going after the plat if I really enjoy the game or think it'd be easy to achieve. Sometimes the prestige of having that plat will push me on too.

The less time I have to myself, crushed between work and class, has seriously made me re-evaluate how I perceive trophies and video games as a whole. My whole attitude is pretty laid-back (and it helps with the anxiety  :S ).