Would you play a game for the platinum

Yandeyu

Why the fuck would you waste your time like that? Forcing yourself through a shit game or a game you don't like just for a platinum? 

You gotta have limits sometimes. That's just straight up dumb. 

no it's not! i go for plats if i can & if i can't i won't! & ill just play the game, as i did in my childhood days with the good old PSone/PS2 :P 

• 1 month later...

I play to plat all of my games regardless of difficulty or time it takes. Ive learned in the past to not just buy/rent a game for a easy plat cuz it can turn out to be a shit game and staying away from kid games (no kids). I read reviews 1st then play on a sub accnt and if I like it enough ill add it to my main accnt and plat it.

Edited by weeztha
  • Like 1

The plat is a reward for enjoying a game to its fullest.  Having said that, I might take another look at games, I started but didn't complete to see if I can get the 100%.  Trophies are part of the fun, so, maybe yeah, I would get a game just for the trophies, it might turn out to be a good game.

there's games I didn't like that I have that have taken precious time away from playing other ones... but having the platinum is satisfying, just so I can say I beat it... I'd like to have 100% on everything but there is no way I will buy DLC for everything... especially COD games and Uncharted because online trophies can eat a fat one... but I will do what I can do get platinum with the help of boosting sessions if needed... but as far as going and spending tons of money on a bunch of games just for the sole reason of platinum isn't gonna happen.... I'd rather stick games that make my library look smexy...  GTA IV. both Black Ops, a couple Worms games, Bioshock 2, Dead Island, Far Cry 2, and The Last Of Us are all the games with online trophies keeping me from platinum... I have more that I haven't played yet that also require online like Red Dead Redemption that will be hard to plat since the new gen will be out who knows when the servers will go down... that's why online trophies aren't good in my opinion...

I wouldn't buy a game for the sole reason of it's platinum, but if the game interests me and happens to have an easy platinum I may buy it before I buy a different game which interests me but has a harder platinum. I'm not too fussy when it comes to games though and I tend to go for money value, but I try to platinum all games I play.

If you'll asked me, I would only go 'HARD' for a Platinum to a game that 

i. I loved.

ii. or fell in-loved with.

of course, enjoying a game and having fun with it, adds up.

Now....if only Batman: AA would be kind to me, in one of those morning and let me passed through

that 'extremely frustrating' Fist-fight Challenge Trophy/ies.  :shakefist: 

For longest time I wouldn't, but recently I thought - what the hell, why not. My general rules are: 10 hours or less to plat, nothing to glitchy and/or annoying. I won't go too far out of my way to get them, but if opportunity present itself - I'll go for it.

It's nice to get some easy trophies from time to time, before going back to big projects, like GTAV or KH1.5

I will replay a game I don't think is very great for platinum if the game is short.  A couple of examples for that would be Dark Void and Splatterhouse.  I didn't like Dark Void very much, but it was incredibly short and I knew I could rush through it on hard for a quick platinum over the weekend.  Splatterhouse was the same.  Most of my platinums are games that I liked enough to play a 2nd time though.

I won't BUY a game because it has an easy platinum, but it can be a deciding factor.  If I'm looking at 2 games that are the same price, the same type of game, with similarly positive reviews, and similar lengths, I might pick one with an easy platinum over one with online trophies.  I can't play online because my internet connection is too slow, so it can be a little disappointing buying a game and knowing that I will never be able to get platinum.  It doesn't stop me from buying games that I really want to play, but like I said, if I'm trying to decide between 2 equally-matched games that can be the reason I choose one over the other.