Risk of Auto-Popping

I was thinking of getting into Black ops 1 again. I'm not really worried about the trophies as they can be obtained with a designated team, but is there an abundant amount of hackers when playing online that could lead to auto-popping. The question is in relation to zombies as I don't enjoy the Multiplayer as much.

First off, take a look at the guide below if you decide to go online and some one auto-pops trophies for you:

Now I haven't seen any people having this issue, but you will always run into these types of things with old/unsupported games. At this point since the game is over 10 years old I would not go online if you are attempting to get trophies. Do it locally, and if you need a friend have them come over and do split screen.

I think it’s safe to assume that none of the PS3 Call of Duty games are safe. If World at War and Black Ops 2 have already been hacked, it’s safe to say that the rest of them are.

Personally, I’ve seen firsthand that MW2 is hacked. I was playing a game on Rust and I killed an enemy and it gave me like a billion XP. It made me reach max prestige (which annoyed me because I was trying to do it legitimately). It wasn’t trophy related, and it was on an old profile, but there’s still a risk in any old Call of Duty game.

If it does auto pop everything, follow @Coexistant’s advice and take a look at that thread. IIRC, the thread tells you how to delete the profile embedded in the PS3 (not your actual PSN account) before syncing your trophies so that the trophies never sync to your PSN account.

27 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I think it’s safe to assume that none of the PS3 Call of Duty games are safe. If World at War and Black Ops 2 have already been hacked, it’s safe to say that the rest of them are.

Personally, I’ve seen firsthand that MW2 is hacked. I was playing a game on Rust and I killed an enemy and it gave me like a billion XP. It made me reach max prestige (which annoyed me because I was trying to do it legitimately). It wasn’t trophy related, and it was on an old profile, but there’s still a risk in any old Call of Duty game.

If it does auto pop everything, follow @Coexistant’s advice and take a look at that thread. IIRC, the thread tells you how to delete the profile embedded in the PS3 (not your actual PSN account) before syncing your trophies so that the trophies never sync to your PSN account.

Of course CoD games are full of hackers but the point of the thread was about them auto-popping trophies.

This seems not to be the case of MW2 and MW3 games and I've never heard of hackers auto-popping trophies for CoD Black Ops 1, Ghosts etc, so I'd rather say MOST of CoD games on PS3 are "safe" except of course WaW and BO2 which are universally known to be highly risky about trophies.

Still I'm not 100% sure on this and it would be just awesome if someone that plays/played them regularly could tell us if BO1 and other games are safe.

The fact there are hackers who ruin your games doing crazy stuffs, levelling you up etc is a whole different story but that really sucks too, of course.