Ps Plus is dead

replete_disguise

90 million XBox Live subscribers vs 38 million ps plus subscribers and 700.000 ps now subscribers (half of them are new accounts using the 14 and 7 free days exploits)

What does this tell us? 

On the one hand Ps Plus is shit and most people refuse to pay for it. Just look at the profile of most people who deffend it, they usually have 200 or even 400 games which they haven't even played.

On the other hand I don't even know what are the advantages of XBox Live, because I don't give a fuck. But I'm sure it is a better service than ps plus.

Conclusion: Subscriptions and pay to play multiplayer is ruining gaming on consoles. And subscriptions tell us that XBox community is way more active than Playstation community. Yes, I know ps4 sold over 100 million units but you know what? Most of those consoles are probably broken right now. Because as much as I hate it subscriptions are what matter right now and it shows how Playstation community is dying

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

its too expensive IMO, I rather not get "free" games every month and just play online for free.

Sure paying full price is a bit much one can argue, but there are tons of time and ways to get plus cheap.

Just recently plus went on sale again for 34$ a year...if less than 3$ a month is too expensive, maybe its time to play less rata games.

4 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

its too expensive IMO, I rather not get "free" games every month and just play online for free.

Dude, you are from Canada. In poland Pizza Delivery Boy earns 1 YEAR WORTH of ps plus in 1 DAY. 24+ games and online, and discounts for one day of work. Seriously it's too expensive? :o

You gotta look at it like this too. Xbox has a solid streaming service which tons of people signed up to use cause it's cheap and can be used on PC. While PS is still working on everything they are killing it when it comes to exclusive games. People like my brother don't care for the online since they only play singleplayer games. 

• Like 1

I'll agree that subscriptions are becoming a bit heinous nowadays and theres no way the bottoms not gonna drop out when you're offering multiple AAA games for essentially a dollar. Theres just no way that's sustainable. 

Everything else you've said is nonsense though. 

• Like 2

I usually will get plus on sale for $30-40. Therefore the games I get for the entire year go way above that and I'm content with it.

I do find it extremely dumb that they force people to pay for it for online though. (I would still pay for it as I don't mind getting games I'd probably never buy to begin with for the cost of one of the games).

As for this post, eh... sounds kind of trolly?

• Like 2

I agree with what the original poster said. I hate having to pay to play online. Not only do you have to pay for your internet to get online but there's another pay wall to get through. Not to mention all the other subscription services you're paying for plus utilities to keep the lights on so you can play.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

The number of Xbox Live accounts is the number of people that have Silver *and* Gold. Basically, accounting for anyone and everyone that had to signup to XBL on PC, Switch, and PS4 for Xbox games like MineCraft. So similarly there about over 100 million PSN accounts on PlayStations and maybe on PC for the ones signing up to PSNow. 

PSNow's subs have not been inflated by $1 and candy giveaways(many of which hacked the system for extended free access). Sony also has not given any number on PSNow after Oct 2019 after this stint of Covid related lockdowns. 

Numbers are fun but don't let them or MS turn you into an idiotic drone. 

People have incomplete games on their profiles? And? You don't even have shit on yours.
But then again why not offer up a comparison to Xbox profiles on a site like TrueAcheivments. Seeing your record there probably will be as miserable as your joke account here.

My account here is an alt. I got banned from this forum last year

5 minutes ago, replete_disguise said:

My account here is an alt. I got banned from this forum last year

I can't possible imagine why.

25 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

Agree, I'd happily pay £20 a year for the online and cloud saves without the monthly games however I suspect many more people would do that are already signed up and Sony would end up getting less money from PS+

3 minutes ago, replete_disguise said:

More than half of Playstation users haven't subscribed to ps plus. How is it not far from dead?

Sony don't lose money for users NOT signed up to it.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, NieSwiety said:

Dude, you are from Canada. In poland Pizza Delivery Boy earns 1 YEAR WORTH of ps plus in 1 DAY. 24+ games and online, and discounts for one day of work. Seriously it's too expensive? :o

How the fuck does a pizza delivery boy earn 1,800 euros a month,  that's more than many statal jobs, or are you talking about  1,800 euros  without considering contributions he has to pay? No... even then it can't be possible.

A fucking margherita costs 4 euros, 6 in some places  plus 1 euro for tip, I think you're severely  ripped off.

But even if plus wouldn't cost much (not true)  how would that change anything when  what offered is just Playstation giving full access of the game you already bought, and the internet provider you already bought, for shitty servers they don't even cure.

If I was a pizza delivery boy, my first preoccupation wouldn't be working my ass off in order to pay   mafiosos.

I thought there was going to be more to this post than just the number of subscribers.

I will say that Plus as we know it NEEDS to die, and I think it will for PS5. I expect online will still cost us (because fuck us, right?) but games won't be a part of it, you'll need Now for that. Both games on Plus this month are already on Now. 

The Plus sales have also been missing lately. I can't remember the last time I saw an extra discount on top of a sale for Plus subscribers.

The whole thing is in drastic need of an overhaul and I think next gen it will happen.

• Like 1

I don't know if you're getting the information confused here, but the article I read mentions that "Xbox Live active users now near 90 million users, serving as a gateway to its digital gaming portfolio"

You're comparing the wrong things by trying to compare Xbox Live with PS+ 

Having an Xbox Live account simply just means that you created an account on Xbox, in the same way you create an account on PSN.  There are no financials or subscriptions involved in you just having an account.  

If you really wanted to compare subscriptions here to prove your point then you should be looking at Xbox Gold vs PS+

Oh...and of course Gamepass is going to have more subscriptions than PSNow, cos they offer it for $1 constantly, or as an upgrade to Gold for $3.  I don't think I've ever NOT seen them running this deal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

I pay for internet already, Ps Plus should be free.

Do you have a source to back up all your stats OP? Half of them new accounts? right.

This was the article that I found, not sure if it was the same one that OP read

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-hits-10-million-users-xbox-live-clocks-90-million

Why People are replying to this Xbox Fanboy ? Just look at his trophy card, 2 trophies and the last one 2 months ago. Just go to any Xbox fan forum and be happy, Are you hurt that Sony sold 110 Millions of consoles ? "Most of those consoles are probably broken right now"  LOL How people don´t even notice that he is a fanboy, Yeah Im still using my day 1 PS4.  Xbox live has 64 millions of subscribers, that the real number. PSN plus this may is going to be crap but previous month was good. Game pass is another crap, tons of old games plus shovelware.

Don't fall for PR/investor numbers dude. They always leave out important factors to make things look good.10 million Game Pass subs isn't hard when it's sold for $1 all the time. Even I picked it the PC game pass for $1 last year to try out the outer worlds. 90 million Xbox Live users seems really good, until you realize that equals almost the entirety of Xbox 360s and Xbox One sold up until now. Which means they count everyone not just Gold subs. If we go by those kind of numbers PS has almost 200 million users.

Also bait topic is bait.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Sure paying full price is a bit much one can argue, but there are tons of time and ways to get plus cheap.

Just recently plus went on sale again for 34$ a year...if less than 3$ a month is too expensive, maybe its time to play less rata games.

well its probably cheap over where you are, for $70 I can get alot Ratalaika games.