replete_disguise

Ps Plus is dead

51 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, replete_disguise said:

My account here is an alt. I got banned from this forum last year

 

Lol I can't imagine why.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

its too expensive IMO, I rather not get "free" games every month and just play online for free.

This. I always buy the games I want to play. I never play a PS Plus game. I wish playing MP was free like the good old days. Oh well... 60 bucks a year is nothing but still. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually renew my PS+ on Black Friday because it's on sale. It expires for me November 1, so I'll have to sooner or just go without Plus for most of November.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montyzu said:

Sony does 1 bad month and people think its the end of the world.

 

Well, it is not even a bad month actually... Cities: Skylines is a great game and better than SimCity ever was. :) With the latest big patch they even brought mouse support for all these weird people who want to play with a mouse on a console. :P

And, well, at first I was joking about Farming Simulator too, but then I tried it myself... It is pretty nice and relaxing. I like it. :3

 

1 hour ago, qwerty407 said:

its too expensive IMO, I rather not get "free" games every month and just play online for free.

 

Get your plus "on the internet". I am paying 35€ for 15 months.

 

27 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

A fucking margherita costs 4 euros, 6 in some places  plus 1 euro for tip, I think you're severely  ripped off.

 

Whaaaaat? <is checking some pizza places> Hmm... Best I can do is 8€. Or 12€ for American-style.

Edited by Neputyunu
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing online should be free, 100%, like on PS3 and Vita - but then even Nintendo enforces the bullshit 'pay to play online' now so that ship has sailed.

I did buy a month of PS Plus recently to get the Sims without having to pay EA in any way; next time a good game is in the list, I'll get another month and Plat both (once I Have a PS4 or PS5).

Edited by Golem25
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

The number of Xbox Live accounts is the number of people that have Silver *and* Gold. Basically, accounting for anyone and everyone that had to signup to XBL on PC, Switch, and PS4 for Xbox games like MineCraft. So similarly there about over 100 million PSN accounts on PlayStations and maybe on PC for the ones signing up to PSNow. 

 

There's also the fact that Microsoft doesn't delete accounts ever.  So that is also 90 million since Xbox Live first came into existence with the original Xbox.  So that includes accounts that are no longer accessible, accidentally created, banned, etc.

 

Fun fact: An Xbox Live account is created if you sign into xbox.com with your Microsoft account and it doesn't have a gamertag yet.  The system just randomly generates one for you.  You wouldn't believe the sheer number of people who do this just because they forgot what email was on their account.  Also accounts were created for anyone who had a Windows phone.  Many phone retailers outright set up a new account and didn't bother asking if the person already had an account.

 

That also doesn't get into the people who have alts or had to create additional accounts for various reasons. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you don't know what the advantages are to Xbox Live, but you just assume it's better than PS Plus? There's nothing that makes Xbox Live better than Plus because they essentially offer the same thing. Games with Gold does give you two Xbox 360 games in addition to the Xbox One games, but it's not like they are giving you amazing titles every month either. 

 

The reason Xbox sees more online play is because that's all their platform is about. Even their biggest exclusives like Gears and Halo are all about the multiplayer experience. Playstation is more focused on single player experiences that do not require you to be online. A lot of PS players choose to not pay for PS Plus because they have a lot of single player options to choose from. Can't say the same for Xbox.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, replete_disguise said:

I don't even know what are the advantages of XBox Live, because I don't give a fuck. But I'm sure it is a better service than ps plus.


Sorry pal, I didn’t read your post any further. But I’m sure it was not worth it...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games ps+ offer, aren't exactly free. They are ''free'' as long as you pay for ps+. It's a nice catch for people who purchase two games per month but don't play them immediately. They end up with a bunch of games they will lose when the subscription ends. Kinda ''forces'' them to renew their subscriptions.

Also most games they offer are like promotion for their products. Like giving Borderlands before Borderlands 3 get released (they even add it to the game's main menu, connect you with the store).

Or of course games with a ton of dlcs. 

Take for example Cities Skyline. A game that released another dlc 3 years after the game came out. How many people would buy the overpriced dlcs (even one) if the game was never given ''free'' this year? Promoting isn't wrong, but don't tell me i should be glad ps+ is giving away 24 games per year

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LucienNL said:

This. I always buy the games I want to play. I never play a PS Plus game. I wish playing MP was free like the good old days. Oh well... 60 bucks a year is nothing but still. 

MP was free in the good old days? I remember you needing to buy code or packs to unlock online. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

So you don't know what the advantages are to Xbox Live, but you just assume it's better than PS Plus? There's nothing that makes Xbox Live better than Plus because they essentially offer the same thing. Games with Gold does give you two Xbox 360 games in addition to the Xbox One games, but it's not like they are giving you amazing titles every month either. 

 

The reason Xbox sees more online play is because that's all their platform is about. Even their biggest exclusives like Gears and Halo are all about the multiplayer experience. Playstation is more focused on single player experiences that do not require you to be online. A lot of PS players choose to not pay for PS Plus because they have a lot of single player options to choose from. Can't say the same for Xbox.

 

There are only two things that XBL Gold gives that PS+ doesn't.

 

1. Xbox 360 Games with Gold are free to keep forever.  Xbox One ones are more like PS+

2. On the Xbox One, you only need one gold subscription per console, not per account. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

 

There's also the fact that Microsoft doesn't delete accounts ever.  So that is also 90 million since Xbox Live first came into existence with the original Xbox.  So that includes accounts that are no longer accessible, accidentally created, banned, etc.

 

Fun fact: An Xbox Live account is created if you sign into xbox.com with your Microsoft account and it doesn't have a gamertag yet.  The system just randomly generates one for you.  You wouldn't believe the sheer number of people who do this just because they forgot what email was on their account.  Also accounts were created for anyone who had a Windows phone.  Many phone retailers outright set up a new account and didn't bother asking if the person already had an account.

 

That also doesn't get into the people who have alts or had to create additional accounts for various reasons. 

You raise an interesting point, and I wonder, if this isn't the reason  XBOX's achievements are rarer than PS4's trophies usually.

Not that I want to defend XBOX or something, it all started with them, after all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:
 
 
 
 
16 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

I pay for internet already, Ps Plus should be free.

 

Never understood that argument. Yes, you are paying your internet provider, so what? Every service using the internet should be free because of that? Netflix, Disney+, hulu, pornhub or whatever else you can think of should be free because you pay already for your internet?

There is much you can argue. It's too expensive, you don't like the games they offer, you don't play online so you don't need it,... But saying you pay already for internet doesn't make much sense.

Edited by gernboes
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

 

There are only two things that XBL Gold gives that PS+ doesn't.

 

2. On the Xbox One, you only need one gold subscription per console, not per account. 

Wait are you saying PS+ doesn't do this for online? Because you only need one Plus account on a console to give the other users on that console online MP access.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

MP was free in the good old days?

 

PS3 online play was completely free during its life cycle.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

 

PS3 online play was completely free during its life cycle.


Didn’t some games (EA?) require a $10 online pass (included free with new games) to access online play?  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, djb5f said:


Didn’t some games (EA?) require a $10 online pass (included free with new games) to access online play?  

 

Yes, and that was true on both platforms actually with EA games.  It was a unique shitty practice on EA's part to deter people from buying used.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Didn’t some games (EA?) require a $10 online pass (included free with new games) to access online play?  

 

Online passes were used last generation mostly to fight the used games market. This was typically done by third-party publishers, though I'm sure a few first-party games required them too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

You pay for access to the internet, to your internet service provider.  You can't then expect that everyone else who provides you a service on the internet should do it for free ...

 

Absolutely right! But it does hurt a bit whenever a game turns out to be p2p... Then you basically pay them to use your own internet connection :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

 

There are only two things that XBL Gold gives that PS+ doesn't.

 

1. Xbox 360 Games with Gold are free to keep forever.  Xbox One ones are more like PS+

2. On the Xbox One, you only need one gold subscription per console, not per account. 

 

I forgot about the free to keep forever benefit, which does give the edge to Xbox there. As for your other point, you can play online with multiple accounts using only one subscription on PS4 as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

 

Well, it is not even a bad month actually... Cities: Skylines is a great game and better than SimCity ever was. :) With the latest big patch they even brought mouse support for all these weird people who want to play with a mouse on a console. :P

And, well, at first I was joking about Farming Simulator too, but then I tried it myself... It is pretty nice and relaxing. I like it. :3

 

 

Get your plus "on the internet". I am paying 35€ for 15 months.

 

 

Whaaaaat? <is checking some pizza places> Hmm... Best I can do is 8€. Or 12€ for American-style.

Well, the guy talked about pizza delivery, which is cheaper than the one you get to eat in a pizzeria,  there are many other ways to rip you off though, a couple can see spending 30 euros just to sit in a two persons table for example, or common water costing you more than a normal pizza, or overpriced beer etc etc, it is also a question of variable inflation in countries and the acquiring power a customer has, pizza is also  a tiny bit exotic in countries like Austria or Poland when compared to Naples, so that also jacks up the price. Anyways,   I checked on the internet  and Papa Jones in Poland, Warsaw has 8 euros at hour, which would roughly be working 8 entire hours delivering pizza excluding the gas you spend if the scooter is yours, that would mean starting to work at, idk, 4PM?  Pizza usually is dinner here to 12AM, only so that somebody gets to pay an accessory (psplus)  to a commodity (gaming).

Not really healthy, if that were my economical condition I wouldn't even think about psplus, scratch that, gaming itself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the whole slippery slope argument, but there are enough times throughout the year to get 12 months of PS+ on discount that you only have yourself to blame if you pay full price.  And at a discount, if you have fun playing online and total the complimentary games together... I'd wager it's worth the $3-4 per month.  Relax.

 

If you don't play online or it isn't worth it, don't pay for it.

Edited by Dreakon13
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

pizza is also  a tiny bit exotic in countries like Austria or Poland when compared to Naples

 

Pizza is not that exotic here. Nearly all of the kebab places offer pizza. Sure, none of them reminds me about my holidays in Italy... But, yeah, best I can do...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This post was only started by a previously banned user to piss people off. Can we get this closed? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.