Describe your greatest co-op memory

PalaceOfLove706

It was Christmas Day 2011 (I think that’s the year) and my brother and I were playing NBA Jam online on the ps3. We had great memories playing the SNES version growing up.

We were on a roll winning a bunch of consecutive games but then we met our match - two men from Detroit (as they identified on the mic). I was playing as Larry Bird, my brother was Kevin Garnett, and one of the opponents was Vince Carter, I don’t remember who the other opponent was. My job was to sink threes while my brother rebounded, however despite this strategy we were overwhelmed and down several points at half time. We started getting irritated at each other, and occasionally swearing and raising our voices.

The third quarter hit and we started, through a great deal of grinding and defence, to inch back. But it seemed like they rarely made mistakes. Up to this point we never had the lead all game. Mom started calling us down for dinner but my brother would holler back “In a minute!!!” It was getting tense.

Fourth quarter hit and we got closer. The timer kept dropping and we started wondering if we could actually beat these pros. In the final seconds my brother got a rebound and passed it to me on a breakaway. We were down two points. I ran down the court and got not too close to the three point line. There was a second left and my brother shouted, commandingly, “Shoot”. I was nervous and shaking. His yelling made me nearly drop the controller and I clicked the granny throw by accident.

The buzzard hit and the ball went up into the air. We were silent and watched it. Then it sunk with a swish and we won the game by one point. The opponents on the other end were, well, let’s say less enthused.

Edited by PalaceOfLove706
My brother remembered his character
  • Like 1

Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.  The hardest story boss of Bloodborne.  I have an Arcane build, which is her weakness, but I was having no luck soloing.  I called for help.  Some guy with a big sword came in.  He ran in, grabbed her attention.  I targeted the head with Executioner's Gloves and knocked her down and it was over.  He circled around and backstabbed her.  I kept hitting her head.  We stun locked and the fight was over before I ran out of magic bullets.

• Like 1

Using a Dualshock 3 and the PS Move controller at the same time for some LittleBigPlanet trophies. Does that count?

Actually, it's probably playing Contra with my cousins growing up and managing to beat the game without using the 30 lives code and not continuing. Also some amazing games of Tetris Attack when that came out on SNES over my cronies house.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Using a Dualshock 3 and the PS Move controller at the same time for some LittleBigPlanet trophies. Does that count?

Actually, it's probably playing Contra with my cousins growing up and managing to beat the game without using the 30 lives code and not continuing. Also some amazing games of Tetris Attack when that came out on SNES over my cronies house.

Lol I don’t see why it shouldn’t count! Oh contra, one of the first games we ever played, well done!

Late 80s my dad and I beat a shooter on the NES called Cabal. This was back in the day when Friday night trips to the video store to rent a couple movies and a video game for the weekend was a big deal.

Yes, I am aware that probably only Daiv and I recognize those last few words as a viable sentence in the English language.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2