Best in class - vehicles

Valkirye22

Can someone who's further into the game share which vehicles per category are "best" or all around best choice?

So far (without touching Russian stuff) Hummer and Paystar have gotten me through pretty much everything - keep hearing good things about the BM Royal, and as for the heavy duty stuff I am totally lost what to go for.

Only thing I'm sure is that Highway stuff is completely useless.

• 2 weeks later...

While it is lacking in power, and it tips over constantly requiring the use of the autonomous winch, the Scout 800 is the best US region scout vehicle IMO. Why? Simply for the fact that with the roof rack, you carry enough extra fuel to refuel yourself up to full 3 times, allowing you to explore the entirety of any map without having to visit a fuel station - provided you don’t get stuck. Plus it has engageable AWD and always on Dif lock, and supports Mud tires.

The International Load Star is the most powerful Scout in terms of engine power (and ignoring Russia only vehicles), but it guzzles gas and can’t carry enough to refuel itself more than once. Plus, it is extremely fragile. But it does extremely well on all terrain types, and even has the power to rescue larger vehicles. You’ll have to buy one, since there aren’t any ever given to you. But it’s fairly cheap and worth the cost - so long as you use it on a map with a few fuel stations. Also, turn the engine off whenever possible as it uses almost 4 liters a minute while idling.

As far as heavy vehicles go, I like the Pacific 12. It’s better than the 16 purely because it has AWD. Just a shame it can’t use a low saddle.

Heavy duty trucks are all quite similar. I used the International they give you on the first map for a long time and it did just fine. It’s only downside is that it doesn’t have Dif lock. I recently sold it and bought the Cat, which does have AWD and Dif lock. It’s pretty much the same, so use whatever you want from this category.

Highway trucks are useless unless you’re on a map with lots of paved roads; there’s a couple in Alaska. Otherwise, just ignore them.

Off-road trucks are interesting. Like Ac3dUd- said, the ANK is a beast over all terrain types - but it has a fatal flaw: it’s only supported add-on is the sideboard trunk it comes equipped with. You can still use trailers with it though. I used the Royal BM17 for a long time, and you get one for free in Alaska. It’s pretty versatile and is probably the best all around for the US maps. 

Once you get to Russia though, pretty much every US vehicle is replaced with something better. The Azov 64131 is great all around, and the Azov 42-20 Antarctic is probably the best vehicle in the game.

Edited by CookeKeyes

I discovered the Loadstar 1700 in my last hours of the game which was a shame, but managed to do everything else with the Hummer H2. With the tires it comes on early game I found it to be by far the best choice. But again, imho it's doable with every vehicle depending on your choices and wishes. One thing though, I understood the roof rack raises your center of gravity and causes you to flip over far easier. Hummer has sufficient stocks in the rear bay and most maps come with a fuel station or trailer shop where you can pick up a scout fuel carrier that can be unhooked anywhere.

Paystar 5070 and Voron got me though most of the game but the shining star near the end was the Tayga 6436 - by far the best off road/multipurpose truck in the game that will do just about anything.

As for the heavies on the few occasions I used them they fall into two categories - 10x10 Azov (really low one forgot the name) for the road i.e. alaska long hauls of heavy semis & Kolob for the mud that thing just doesn't get stuck. Loved it. Overall found the Russian trucks superior - more common permanent diff/awd, far more fuel capacity and generally they are lower+wider which means better traversal and far better stability that US counterparts (5070, ANK etc....)