Why do people play bad games just for trophies?

usapro2017

Ratalaka games have made a mess of me, every now and then I'll pick up a few of them on sale just to pad out some trophies in between hard games and games I actually care for, just to keep some momentum going lol. I wouldn't play a pos game that takes ages just for trophies even if free.

1 minute ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Sorry man, but asking such a question on a trophy site seems to be quite dumb to me.

Haha well you can trophy hunt and not play poop games ? but yeah this site will attract all the hardcore. Just depends what you wanna aim for in regards to trophy hunting.

• Like 1

I mean, it depends on your subjective view of a bad game.

What is a bad game? And, does a good game have bad sections for the plat, making it a pain like a bad game? Is it a question of easy platinums? Because many AAA games have them, or just Ratalaika stuff for a quick plat?

Your profile is private, so I'll just use the examples you posted:

RDR is a great game for you. But are you really enjoying the grind for the platinum, offline wise and online wise? Don't lie.

So it's really the same thing really, you like a game, you detest a game you don't hold particular feelings for a game etc, but you set an objective in your head, and now you try to complete it, for better or worse, said objective might be a platinum in a specific game, reaching X number of trophies, or surpassing a friend, so Rata stuff becomes useful for them.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, DieHardDavidN said:

Haha well you can trophy hunt and not play poop games ? but yeah this site will attract all the hardcore. Just depends what you wanna aim for in regards to trophy hunting.

Of course you can. I would never play or pay all my money exclusive on shitty games all the time. A little now and then is okay. But primary I still play for fun and always will. Completing trophy list is just the second aspect. I mean I give a fuck about high levels in PSN, there's a lot of faking involved there anyway. I only care about my completion, the rest is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

I would say that they want quantity and not quality trophies. I hate those trophy hunters but they can play what they want tho. 

In my case, I try to play good, harder and classic games just to prove myself if I am good enough or not to get the platinum.

4 minutes ago, Hunter226037 said:

Its primarily to inflate their numbers on their account. 

Kind of this, but sometimes you spend ages on a single hard or long game, some of these cheesy platinums feel like saved time. 

Edited by x7eight

Bad game is subjective. Some enjoy collecting trophies for the sake of collecting trophies, some like seeing their trophy count and leaderboard standing increase, some like to support a certain developer, some like easy games, some like to participate in trophy contests, some like to play certain types of games, etc. There are a host of reasons...

Me? I like trophies and hunt them wherever they may lie.

• Like 4

I don’t think seeing a few ridiculously easy plats is bad, just some quick grabs. But I’ve seen profiles where they just plat an easy games like 3-6 times and you don’t see a single fun game, just all of them easy fast grabs. I think its mental and a lot of people on this site need help. ??‍♀️

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

I think it depends. I just platinumed Wattam, an easy one, because it was by the Katamari guy. I've platinumed a bunch of Artifex Mundi games because my wife comes home exhausted and they're a really easy way to relax while also involving our child.  Easy platinums are often easy games and a lot of times people just want to play easy, relatively cheap, games even if they are bad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Santa said:

They try to compensate their lack of success in real life with virtual success. That's all.

Is literally paying money for trophies really a "virtual success" though?

Edited by GunnerZeus
  • Like 1

I don't know, maybe they don't have personality or have low self-esteem. This type of gamers is just below cheaters, I mean, it's really pathetic spending your time to earn shameful platinums.

For me it would be embarrassing to have any of those easy platinums, others just care about numbers. You know how many platinums they have, doesn't matter to them if 90% of their platinums are a garbage.

Edited by Kiyan-13