Why do people play bad games just for trophies?

usapro2017

4 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Just like people who buy lootboxes or skins are niche.

Sorry to say but wrong again.

Lootboxes and Skins are a big thing BECAUSE so many people choose to buy them.

If 'easy trophies' was actually profitable as a concept, more studios would be doing it because why not?
Takes a few hours to do a game that is 'easy' for plats.

36 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Sorry to say but wrong again.

Lootboxes and Skins are a big thing BECAUSE so many people choose to buy them.

If 'easy trophies' was actually profitable as a concept, more studios would be doing it because why not?
Takes a few hours to do a game that is 'easy' for plats.

It is currently happening, and I fear it will develop even more in the future.

I have never seen so many people buying so many easy games, often with 3-4 different lists than now.

10 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Soooo, who made you the boss of whats easy or not?
Half your games are easy in my mind.

So are you compensating for your lack of success in your life?

Don't twist my words. I obviously meant games that are sheerly appealing because of their easy difficulty and quick plat.

9 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I guess that's the most accurate guess.

It's really sad to see that some 'players' don't play for the game per se, but for the trophies that can be earned.

And yes, it does affect me. It affects the whole industry. It shows dev studios that they can release a sh*t game, implement a lot of gold and easy trophies, and the game will still be a success. It also encourages devs to implement buyable options to help you progress more easily in future games, or worse, trophies that can be bought! They know that people are ready to buy just to get a reward/ trophy. It also makes the whole trophy system pointless. 'it's always been pointless' I hear you say. Well, nope. Trophies are a reward. They are part of a game design. And as every game design, it has rules. What's the point of playing if the game is extremely easy, and you can bypass the rules? None.

So yeah, easy trophies are for those who don't know what the notion of playing is. It's really sad.

Thank you. Finally somebody else gets it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Why? Because it's like a drug when you here that trophy chime *PING* and then you can't get enough of it. Sometimes you need to play some bad games just to hear that sound and see your score go up. Very addictive. lol 

Yep, and that's very sad.

24 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

It is another form of collection. 

So long as a person can fund their hobbies and maintain their real life obligations there isn't anything sad about it. 

Personally i wouldnt try arguing about this anymore.

Theres certain people on this thread that literally dont want their mind changing in anyway.

They have their opinion and thats that, it gives them a way to belittle others and try to raise their own egos, thats about it.

11 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Personally i wouldnt try arguing about this anymore.

Theres certain people on this thread that literally dont want their mind changing in anyway.

They have their opinion and thats that, it gives them a way to belittle others and try to raise their own egos, thats about it.

8 hours ago, closertim said:

These threads are getting old......because it's the easiest the least expensive way to get trophies.  

Truthfully, it doesn't matter to begin with.

All I will say at this point is if you're buying these games purely for trophies and to gain rankings, you probably need to rethink your priorities. As with most of everything, moderation is key.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Truthfully, it doesn't matter to begin with.

All I will say at this point is if you're buying these games purely for trophies and to gain rankings, you probably need to rethink your priorities. As with most of everything, moderation is key.

But why? If that's what people want to do then that's fine.  

1 minute ago, closertim said:

But why? If that's what people want to do then that's fine.  

Doing six stacks of these games? Especially when you have to buy them three times over on the different region stores?

Just buying it once and playing the corresponding PS4/Vita stack is enough in my opinion.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I switched off the trophy notification sound and auto-screenshot function. I don’t need to „document” my game either by trophy table scores or like others do - by recording „let’s play <put your title here>” videos. No, I play only for myself. I’m not that insecure so I have to let others know how I’m playing games. There are better things to do in human life.

• 2 years later...

Eh, it's their lives, PS, money, let people play what they want. I have done it a few times and it was okay, not like we are earning anything that gives us an advantage over others (Like if Sony made it possible to get rewards from Trophies, especially discounts). Unless you count the leaderboard but I don't really care for the leaderboard.

• Like 1