DragonSpear2462

The Wonderful 101: Remastered Trophy Thoughts

48 posts in this topic

Because of the game's roots as a Nintendo exclusive, I would assume that it has sold more copies on Switch than on PS4. Don't discount any future possibilities just because of the player numbers on this site.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 1:58 AM, Benzychenz said:

My backer physical copy finally arrived for me here in Australia. I've beaten the game before on Wii U but years later I cannot remember how it all works.

 

Think I'll play on normal first with a collectibles guide, then platinum all missions on hard, then play through 101% hard.

Also, how did you guys in Australia get this shipped to you? I know folks in the UK are getting a nasty customs charge because their country has bonkers importing fees. Did you get overcharged for your copy? I already live in the US so thankfully I was charged nothing other than backing it.

2 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Because of the game's roots as a Nintendo exclusive, I would assume that it has sold more copies on Switch than on PS4. Don't discount any future possibilities just because of the player numbers on this site.

True, but still, I don't think the sales numbers are salvageable. I obviously clearly hope I am wrong on this, I just don't have a lot of faith.

Edited by griffin123456789
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2020 at 5:40 AM, griffin123456789 said:

Also, how did you guys in Australia get this shipped to you? I know folks in the UK are getting a nasty customs charge because their country has bonkers importing fees. Did you get overcharged for your copy? I already live in the US so thankfully I was charged nothing other than backing it.

True, but still, I don't think the sales numbers are salvageable. I obviously clearly hope I am wrong on this, I just don't have a lot of faith.

No customs charges for me thankfully. Seems to be a UK specific issue with this game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any trophy guides out there?

Any tips? Any missable trophies? Do difficulty trophies stack?

Edited by Adaminho11
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Adaminho11 said:

Any trophy guides out there?

Any tips? Any missable trophies? Do difficulty trophies stack?

There's nothing necessarily missable, since there's a chapter select. There are a ton of secret missions unique to each difficulty from Normal to 101% Hard mode though so you definitely need to keep track of those. You unlock new difficulties once you finish the hardest available one so no need to stack. I've got a guide drafted and will continue it once I finish Ghost of Tsushima.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Adaminho11 said:

Any trophy guides out there?

Any tips? Any missable trophies? Do difficulty trophies stack?

CLARIFY: The secret missions are in the exact same spot on every difficulty, they're just different enemies each difficulty. So because of that, they're counted as unique encounters towards the collectables. But if you have the locations down from Normal mode, you'll find them on every other mode.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify the difficulties and secret missions:

  • You need to complete the game in its entirety three times (normal, hard, 101% hard).
  • You need to complete the secret missions on all five difficulties (very easy, easy, normal, hard, 101% hard). After completing a secret mission you can continue on until "Saving..." appears in the bottom left corner and then safely exit back to Operation Select with your progress saved.
  • You need to complete all the Kahkoo-Regah secret missions on all difficulties they appear (normal, hard, 101% hard)
  • Upon completing the above you will unlock Operation 101, which in itself needs to be completed as it is counted as secret missions.
  • You also need to get all platinum ranks on one difficulty. I did this on very easy and got an overall platinum rank on 26/28 levels on my first try. A lot of enemies die too quick to get a good combo score, dragging the battle down to a silver or gold, but there was never enough of these per level to drag the overall score down from platinum. The two levels I had to retry were ones with genre shift gimmicks and bosses where I took too much damage.

For secret missions and collectibles I strongly recommend using this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12vJC9B1OuoVgZo28nPd4dlU7u55cGVprLk0lcFwHZ5A/edit#gid=0

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/7/2020 at 8:37 AM, Benzychenz said:

To clarify the difficulties and secret missions:

  • You need to complete the game in its entirety three times (normal, hard, 101% hard).
  • You need to complete the secret missions on all five difficulties (very easy, easy, normal, hard, 101% hard). After completing a secret mission you can continue on until "Saving..." appears in the bottom left corner and then safely exit back to Operation Select with your progress saved.
  • You need to complete all the Kahkoo-Regah secret missions on all difficulties they appear (normal, hard, 101% hard)
  • Upon completing the above you will unlock Operation 101, which in itself needs to be completed as it is counted as secret missions.
  • You also need to get all platinum ranks on one difficulty. I did this on very easy and got an overall platinum rank on 26/28 levels on my first try. A lot of enemies die too quick to get a good combo score, dragging the battle down to a silver or gold, but there was never enough of these per level to drag the overall score down from platinum. The two levels I had to retry were ones with genre shift gimmicks and bosses where I took too much damage.

For secret missions and collectibles I strongly recommend using this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12vJC9B1OuoVgZo28nPd4dlU7u55cGVprLk0lcFwHZ5A/edit#gid=0

Thanks for the tips, them will help me a lot!! Do you know any video-guide with collectibles, secret missions, etc.?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sulivan666 said:

Thanks for the tips, them will help me a lot!! Do you know any video-guide with collectibles, secret missions, etc.?

I know multiple ones, it's kind of scattershot. This game has a small fanbase after all so some people have done a couple videos for those. You can follow this video (and I'd recommend you do) to get all the extra heroes hidden in the levels: 

Now for some reason they moved one or two of these heroes around for the remaster, but they're almost always near the location in the video. As long as you recruit every pocket of civilians you see, you won't miss any. Some heroes like Wonder Movie in Operation 3A, for some random ass reason, doesn't spawn until you REPLAY the mission. He just doesn't spawn on your first run of the level. No idea why, most of the other heroes show up on a first run, not this guy though. It's odd.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got my backer Physical copy of the game. It was apparently in the Post Office all along, but they never left me a card to let me know, until a week after it arrived. Then it never got delivered until tthe 22nd this month. Anyway have it now, Trophy list doesn't seem too daunting thankfully.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficulty and time estimate? without exaggerating please. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about getting this but then I felt the cold chill of my backlog breathing down my neck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 1:07 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

Difficulty and time estimate? without exaggerating please. 

Probably somewhere in the ballpark of 60-70 hours and 7-8/10 in difficulty. Lots of things you need to keep track of.

When I get the guide up it'll have a breakdown of the missable things in each level and links to videos of where each of those collectables are. There's 75 heroes to find, 20 hero heart fragments (HP upgrades), secrets missions, Kahkoo Regah missions and miscellaneous tasks during certain set-pieces. At least five playthroughs are required also covering all five difficulties.

Edited by griffin123456789
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, griffin123456789 said:

You don't have to look up sales for this version, just look at the number of total players for it on PSN profiles... it's not even 500. We're fucked in terms of getting a sequel to this awesome game.

 

judging a games sales by the number of owners on this site is a rrreeaaaalllllyyyyyyyy inaccurate way of looking at things. for instance, the last of us 2 sold 4 million in its first week or 2 and this site says it has almost 84,000 owners.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 7:50 AM, EightBitArtist said:

 

judging a games sales by the number of owners on this site is a rrreeaaaalllllyyyyyyyy inaccurate way of looking at things. for instance, the last of us 2 sold 4 million in its first week or 2 and this site says it has almost 84,000 owners.

The point still stands, I don't think it sold very well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there some form of tracking for all of the stats and collectibles required? Are the collectibles each unique with some way to see what collectibles you have or what you still need to find? I hate collectibles in general, but especially hate when they are missable or are all generic and give you no way to know what you are missing. 

 

Also seems to be a really long Plat as the shortest time is a week, but these P* games are usually overrated in difficult and tend to be very shallow and a pushover once you find what gimmick to use or what move to spam. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 4:22 AM, griffin123456789 said:

Probably somewhere in the ballpark of 60-70 hours and 7-8/10 in difficulty. Lots of things you need to keep track of.

When I get the guide up it'll have a breakdown of the missable things in each level and links to videos of where each of those collectables are. There's 75 heroes to find, 20 hero heart fragments (HP upgrades), secrets missions, Kahkoo Regah missions and miscellaneous tasks during certain set-pieces. At least five playthroughs are required also covering all five difficulties.

Do you still plan on putting a guide up?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 1:12 PM, wolverine81 said:

Do you still plan on putting a guide up?

I'm so sorry about leaving ya'll hanging. I still plan to get it up, I ended up building my first PC so that swept up my free time. It's the next guide I plan to write as I do love this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2020 at 1:51 AM, griffin123456789 said:

I'm so sorry about leaving ya'll hanging. I still plan to get it up, I ended up building my first PC so that swept up my free time. It's the next guide I plan to write as I do love this game.

Not a problem!  We all have lives apart from gaming.  Was merely curious if it was something I should expect or not.  I look forward to checking it out.  Thanks for your time and dedication!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the hell did I miss this getting a ps4 release? Damn.. if only we got a No More Heroes game as well, 1 and 2 are wicked!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 11:51 PM, griffin123456789 said:

I'm so sorry about leaving ya'll hanging. I still plan to get it up, I ended up building my first PC so that swept up my free time. It's the next guide I plan to write as I do love this game.

It is now March 27th 2021..need your guide. Just picked up this game. xD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bought this game too. it was 15-20$ on gamestop. went and got it anyway without no knowledge of the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

It is now March 27th 2021..need your guide. Just picked up this game. xD

Ok I'll try to get on it more. The collectibles are what's intimidating me. Hope to God someone doesn't publish one before me while I'm writing all of that xD

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.