Anybody else experiencing PAYDAY 2 Freezing Issues? :(

xMaxRei

I own the retail CD version of the critically acclaimed game PAYDAY 2,

im currently LVL 10 atm. Im sick and tired of the constant freezes in this game! What i just found out is IF i run ps3 at 720p and play the game on average, the game will freeze around 8 times in under an hour where the freezes commonly occur at either. during a match, guy joining a im in lobby, nearing the completion of a heist, and there is lag when u place the player mask/s on (Online). BUT if i play it in 520p i can play 6 heists fine for atleast 1hr-30 till it freezes (still have mask lag)  :( its really frustrating.... what the point of paying $44  if it has game breaking issues with it??? Granted they are a small company against the likes of Activision EA etc AND the $40,000 for ONE CONSOLE PATCH ALONE and PC.... FREE but yeah... its no fun.... FYI add me if u want but i dont use/have a mic... :\

Edited by xHYPERTiZx

That doesn't sound right at all. A good buddy of mine bought the game on launch and he hasn't had any problems with it so I'd try to do what dirt_54 said and delete the game data and re-install it. When I'm having problems with a game that aren't normal that is what I usually do and it has always worked for me. 

Parker

• Like 1

I've only had one or two freezes in the past two weeks that I've been playing. You should definitely try what Dirt said. Could also be that you're having trouble with your connection. Try to find a team of Aussies to play with and see if that helps.

Not really on Payday but on other games, try reinstalling the game. just delete the data of the game (not your save file) and then play the game again and then that might work. 

I have done this twice and sadly it has not fix the issue, i believe it may be just graphical issues :( with the ps3.... im using PowerGrid9022 to connect with faster wifi (think WLAN-ish but wifi ehancer or direct wifi link  :unsure: )  In the past BF3 had freezes back in the start of 2013 but now it doesnt freeze... thank god that im not the only one may other people are having issues one even said that the consoles dont even have the 'beta' updates yet... Atleast 520p will do till they fix the issue :(

That doesn't sound right at all. A good buddy of mine bought the game on launch and he hasn't had any problems with it so I'd try to do what dirt_54 said and delete the game data and re-install it. When I'm having problems with a game that aren't normal that is what I usually do and it has always worked for me. 

Parker

True that (The Game Data Fix etc) But it hasnt fixed PayDay 2 sadly :( tried 2 times

Edited by xHYPERTiZx

is there any way to prevent freezes ONLINE on any resolution on the ps3? It frustrating when you are nearing completion of a heist and it decides to make u RAGE QUIT xD lol... but seriously :( at least the Rat exploit is helpful for when people are stuck at a low level or wanting to get a decent gun and armour to defend themeselves and to AT LEAST help the squad online instead of being the sideman....

It would also help since the majority of the time it freezes is annoying during, beofre it starts and after a heist has completed ONCE, and helps me get up to speed with the other players etc :\ I am forced to place my ps3 to play Payday 2 Online atm... :( i know im not the only one that freezes ONLINE.

"What i just found out is IF i run ps3 at 720p and play the game on average, the game will freeze around 8 times in under an hour where the freezes commonly occur at either. during a match, guy joining a im in lobby, nearing the completion of a heist, and there is lag when u place the player mask/s on (Online). BUT if i play it in 520p i can play 6 heists fine for atleast 1hr-30 till it freezes (still have mask lag)   :( its really frustrating"

funny enough i get 5MB/s on the PS3 estimate speed and atleast 2kb/s of upload YET i still freeze.. .strange.... (ONLINE ONLY) 720p freezes but 520p didnt last night ran for a whole 3 hours woot! but still freezes in 720p Hz 60 maybe ps3 cant run at that 'graphical power'? hahaha 'i believe that!' Last Of Us is 200% more graphical xD still doesnt make sense also the walls in game are almost 'Minecrafty'  lol

I've had the game freeze on me roughly 5 times so far and it usually coincides with notification pop ups happening at the same time as messages coming in... I think the system is just getting bogged down (for me anyway). 

The only leggy "freezing" that I experience is when people join our come out of custody for the most part. 

My chief complaint is trying to do stealth heists in coop... The lag is extremely noticeable. For example, when trying to dominate security guards. It seems as though you are "detected" before it shows on your screen and the domination fails. It's highly frustrating. Running solo in the offline Crimenet, I can typically take down all 6 security guards (Framing Frame,  day 1) in under 4 minutes... When attempting it in coop, I'm lucky to dominate 1 guard before getting screwed by lag -_-

For being a game revolving around coop, there are alot of issues with the coop gameplay. I'm highly disappointed with the game and firmly believe the 1st one was better. 

And what's the deal with host only trophies? Not cool. 

"The only leggy "freezing" that I experience is when people join our come out of custody for the most part. 

My chief complaint is trying to do stealth heists in coop... The lag is extremely noticeable. For example, when trying to dominate security guards. It seems as though you are "detected" before it shows on your screen and the domination fails. It's highly frustrating. Running solo in the offline Crimenet, I can typically take down all 6 security guards (Framing Frame,  day 1) in under 4 minutes... When attempting it in coop, I'm lucky to dominate 1 guard before getting screwed by lag  -_-" ~ bmj14772

I now only do stutterfreeze because i placed the ps3 and forced it to run in 720p it has now stopped freezing (hard reset)

and only does stutter freeze lag" eg loading a heist after 'ready' and when someone joins at 98% otherwise NO FREEZES BABY! WOOT! 

I have experienced several freezes in the past week. One was at the start of day 2 of a mission, the rest have all been as soon as the escape comes available at the end of a mission. This is particularly annoying in a multi day mission as although the game appears to save what ever xp or cash you earned at the end of the previous day if you have to reset the system you have lost anything you gained from the end of the previous completed mission. In other words if you have done 3 days of a 4 day mission then you dont get what you earned from the 3 days :(

And the thing of only the host getting the trophies is a complete bitch. Really disappointing.

I just froze yesterday.... NNOOOOOO!!!!!!! *sighs* THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING OUT THIS INFURIATING NETWORK ISSUE (sorry for capslock spam) my face is this guys expression with the axe... rory1.jpg It basically your own network speed HOWEVER i get 5mb - 6mb SOMEHOW THAT ISNT ENOUGH FOR PAYDAY 2 COOP? its crazy.... Keep in mind that if u play OFFLINE it never freezes :( this sucks....

I rarely freeze on payday 2, but I think your problem might be your Internet connection or with new players joining.

Try using a wired connection or start a heist with a full party of 4 friends. So people aren't leaving and joining all the time. The game was designed for coop anyways :P

If you don't have 4 guys to play with either ask people on here to play I'm sure there is some guys that want to play, or play in a friends only game and have AI partners.

I rarely freeze on payday 2, but I think your problem might be your Internet connection or with new players joining.

Try using a wired connection or start a heist with a full party of 4 friends. So people aren't leaving and joining all the time. The game was designed for coop anyways :P

If you don't have 4 guys to play with either ask people on here to play I'm sure there is some guys that want to play, or play in a friends only game and have AI partners.

I use a Comtrend Powergrid 902 Powerline Ethernet Adapter(Wireless Ethernet), which allows my internet to connect to my PS3 via ETHERNET Connecction to reach 6- 6.6mb and 4kbs upload so i dont think thats the issue, its possible it maybe on OVERKILL'S network programming yet when u think about it.... endless amounts of respawning wave bots + 4 players + where they are every second SO AI know WHERE all 4 players are and target them.... darn... divide by idk then yeah freeze? i assume this is Server Client not P2P like COD correct?

That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Never heard of a game that freezes less when played on a lower resolution. I don't own Payday 2 but that sounds like something with your console more than the disc.

Just to note it only freezes when ONLINE. OFFLINE NEVER freezes, so it technically (pun intended) OVERKILL's 'bug' as said by a guy on a forum :( Online WIFI connection to router  = 3mb whereas using the Comtrend Powergrid 902 Powerline Ethernet Adapter allows me to get 6.6mb and 4kb upload :)

I believe it is in OVERKILL's hand to quickly fix this network 'bug' issue asap! BUT before you send the patch publically TEST TEST TEST! that why u save $40,000 for each patch that could potentially fix a problem and create another! Even just test WLAN if they can :(

Edited by xHYPERTiZx

• 5 months later...