Summer 2020 Backlog Challenge

11 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

How was spongebob it looks like some dumb fun and that has me rather intrigued.

I loved it, because it was so nostalgic for me because I used to play it on my PS2 for hours. They definitely made a huge graphics improvement and if you watch/watched Spongebob, the references in the game are amazing. It's just a nice, relaxing game that is pure fun (plus the platinum isn't hard to achieve). For the price, it is definitely worth it ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

127% Gain

31Lc34d4b.png

I completed L.A. Noire, yay me. L.A. Noire was a good game, except when it wasn't. I didn't enjoy the game very much at first because nothing interesting happens at the beginning story wise. The gameplay wasn't really doing it for me; the finding clues and questioning people was cool but everything else was just okay. I probably wouldn't have finished the game if I wasn't obligated to. Fortunately, around the halfway point, the story started to get good and I enjoyed myself from that point onwards. Except when I had to collect 70 collectables with no purpose or reward (except trophies).

L.A. Noire - 100%
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 2%
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
428: Shibuya Scramble
Steins;Gate 0 - 10%
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 - 15%

L.A Noire is on my backlog, would you recommend having a collectible checklist while you play? or is there a chapter select and it's just a bit of a grind?
Glad to hear it gets good at the halfway point! guess a lot of those crime/thriller stories are kind of like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draps-1337 said:

L.A Noire is on my backlog, would you recommend having a collectible checklist while you play? or is there a chapter select and it's just a bit of a grind?

The only collectable exclusive to story missions are the newspapers; they are around the crime scenes you vist and I was able to find 11 of 13 without a guide. There is a chapter select if you need to replay a case. The unfortunate thing about replaying chapters is that you can't skip any cutscenes and dialogue. Most cases take about a hour to play while doing everything required for a 5 star rating. There is a fairly spoiler free guide for getting a 5 star rating on every case; which is required for trophies.

All of the other collectables can be found in free roam. The important locations are the only ones you'll probably find a bunch of by accident. They're marked on your map when found, so it's easy to known which ones you already have. The cars have thier own in game checklist; a showroom that you can only access by quiting the game and finding the option in the extra's menu. I make a little checklist for the ten cars had left at the end of the game, so having a checklist for those is a little handy. The books, golden records and golden film reels fairly well hidden (I only found 1 golden record by accident). I followed a guide for each of the collectables and collected them in all in 1 session; it took about 30 minutes for the books, 1-2 hours for the records and 2-3 hours for the film reels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Glad everyone's doing well. :) Hoping to be able to start playing PS4 again this weekend. However, with Saturday being the 4th, I'm honestly thinking it won't be until early next week. 

How much did the new PS4 set you back? :'(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dark_moon689 said:

Update 2:

1. (PS4) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 0% /  

2. (PS4) Hitman 2 - 25% / 28%

3. (PS4) Darksiders II - 1% /  8%

4. (PS3) Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 13% /  :platinum:  June 8th 

5. (PS3) Yakuza 5 - 8% / 25%

6. (PS4) Idle champions of the forgotten realms 30% /  42%.

7 (PS4) Persona 5 0% /  

Just saying, I focused solely on Persona 5, and it took me almost two months and 472 hours (which is way longer than normal) of playing time. Considering The Witcher is also among your backlog, I'd watch out.

15 hours ago, Berendsapje said:

Just saying, I focused solely on Persona 5, and it took me almost two months and 472 hours (which is way longer than normal) of playing time. Considering The Witcher is also among your backlog, I'd watch out.

Yeah, I'm saving my swaps for those games in case I can't get to them on time, they might go live in the fall event instead. I got a couple smaller ones that I will be able to do in their place.

On 18.05.2020 at 1:28 AM, HaserPL said:

2. Far Cry 2 - 21% SWAP #1 -> Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 0%;

4. Assassin's Creed 3 - 16% SWAP #2 -> Prince of Persia - 16%;

I'm gonna be using two swaps, as much as I would like to finish Far Cry 2 in this event, I won't be having my 2nd console anytime soon and I need it to finish the online grind. As for the Assassin's Creed 3, I just don't feel like playing it lol. I borrowed the copy compatible with the DLC so I want to finish it and be done with it.

• Like 2