Summer 2020 Backlog Challenge

8 hours ago, Berendsapje said:

@MidnightDragon Island Saver, which is on my list, recently got a DLC pack. Do I still have to complete the DLC?

Since the event is almost over, I'll let it slide. I'm also going to change the requirements from Fall/Winter onwards that you only have to complete existing DLC and not new DLC since I realize it may be a bit too much.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dark_moon689 said:

Update 6:

1. (PS4) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 0% /  7%

2. (PS4) Hitman 2 - 25% / 28% (PS4) Erica - 0% /   :platinum: August 5th

3. (PS4) Darksiders II - 1% /  8%

4. (PS3) Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 13% /   :platinum: June 8th 

5. (PS3) Yakuza 5 - 8% /   :platinum: July 24th 

6. (PS4) Idle champions of the forgotten realms 30% /  42%. (PS4) Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 0% / 14%

7. (PS4) Persona 5 - 0% /  4%

8. (PS3) Catherine - 11% /  88%

Swaps used: 2/2

Games completed (3/8)

Since I end up playing a full game in my ps3 that was low enough in completion percentage to add here, I might as well include it to my list so it doesn't looks so unfinished when the month ends. I abandoned Catherine back in 2015 because I got super stuck on a stage and I was horribly frustrated at the time, pick it up again while looking at my download list and went in with a bit more patience and looking at bunch of solutions for the puzzles in the hardest difficulty for gold, I enjoyed the concept and mostly liked the puzzles at the start of it i was planing to actually just finish the story because i never did originally, later i said what the hell i might as well get all the endings and after that i said fuck it, lets try to the plat ... so here we are I am almost done with it, "only" need to finish the babel stages (famous last words)

At this point my ps4 games are gonna go to the next event list, I might be able to finish Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime because is a pretty short game but the others there is no way i could finish them.

Did you sign up for the next one? Sorry, can't remember off hand. If so, you could just carry them over. That's what I'm gonna do.

6 hours ago, SigmaCloud said:

Finished my fifth and last game for the event. Don't think I'll be joining the next one, but it was fun finally playing through some games I had been putting off.

1. Yakuza 4 (PS4) - 0 -> 100% :platinum: 

2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory - 100% :platinum:

3. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - 100% :platinum:

4. Persona 5 Royal - 100%:platinum:

5. Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 100%:platinum:

Amazing work on Yakuza 4! Woah!
Well done finishing your list!

• Like 3

On 26/08/2020 at 8:32 AM, StilRh said:

Bit of an update - My mum has taken ill. She is not quite ready for hospital but hovering on the cusp of this so I've been spending a few nights at hers and seeing her every day (1.5 hour round trip). My mum doesn't really recognise her unwell she is bless her and it's been a source of stress for me and the family. The result of this - I've not been in the mood for deep or long gaming experiences so free time during my compassionate leave off work have been spent on shorter titles and vita games for when I am on the road or staying with mum. I'll stop my work towards the challenge here and pick up in the next one in September. I had 2 weeks scheduled annual leave for some of the September releases and backloggery. This week should be the make or break week, we'll see how mum responds to her current medication and make a decison about hospital or not.

Really sorry to hear that @StilRh - sending thoughts and prayers your way.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 2:32 AM, StilRh said:

Bit of an update - My mum has taken ill. She is not quite ready for hospital but hovering on the cusp of this so I've been spending a few nights at hers and seeing her every day (1.5 hour round trip). My mum doesn't really recognise her unwell she is bless her and it's been a source of stress for me and the family. The result of this - I've not been in the mood for deep or long gaming experiences so free time during my compassionate leave off work have been spent on shorter titles and vita games for when I am on the road or staying with mum. I'll stop my work towards the challenge here and pick up in the next one in September. I had 2 weeks scheduled annual leave for some of the September releases and backloggery. This week should be the make or break week, we'll see how mum responds to her current medication and make a decison about hospital or not.

Reveal hidden contents

Age of Wonders Planetfall 44%
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey 28%
Darksiders II 14%
Last of Us 2 100%
Legend of Heros: Trails of Cold Steel 2 7%
Black Mirror 100%
Blue reflection 100%
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink 100%
Ghost of Tsushima 100%
Resident Evil 4 21%

No drops or swaps and I made progress in every game, though some definately deserved more playtime than I gave them. I bagged a few 100%/platinums through side projects and I feel, for a busy professional and family man, I've done quite a good job this challenge even if I did fall short of my 2nd wave of games.

Good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

Hope she ends up OK. :( 

• Like 1