Summer 2020 Backlog Challenge

On 6/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Planning on starting this weekend. An update is planned for Maneater in the next few days and I want to give it a bit more time before I start. Also anxiously waiting for the Ghost of Tsushima list. May play some Dragon Age in the meantime since I'm a little sick of Bomberman right now. xD 

You haven't finished anything in two months. Maybe you should play a game that you can finish fairly quickly.

On 6/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Bubblegum_Crash said:

A bit late but here's my list for the Summer 2020 Challenge.  Throwing in a handful of Vita games this time.

1. Adventures of Mana

2. Severed

3. Surge Deluxe (This one hasn't been touched in six years!)

4. VA-11 HALL-A

5. Gris

6. Shantae: Risky's Revenge

7. Fear Effect Sedna (I remember playing the first game on the PS1. I'm surprised to see a follow-up nearly 20 years later.)

8. Crossing Souls

9. Dragon's Crown Pro (I had this for the Spring Backlog Challenge but made no progress at all. It's been on my list for seven years! Making another attempt.)

10. Bendy & the Ink Machine (Nephew recommended this one. Don't know anything about it.)

11. Rise of the Kasai (A sequel to Mark of the Kri from the PlayStation 2 days.)

12. Rime

13. Tiny Metal

14. White Night

15. Old Man's Journey

That's all of em. Looking forward to reading all of the updates!

Added.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

You haven't finished anything in two months. Maybe you should play a game that you can finish fairly quickly.

Thanks for reminding me. :P

20 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Well, seems like I decided to join the challenge anyway despite me having said earlier that I would only participate around the start of July. People who start to know me by now will probably not be very surprised by this, I'm not exactly a man of my word, at least when it comes to games ;). I still won't be able to make much progress during this first month at all but I figured there's no harm in spending the few hours of playtime I do have on the challenge already so there is at least somewhat of a justified purpose for not studying. 

Anyway, here's my list:

1f532.png A Hat in Time: 11%

1f532.png Lego Harry Potter collection: Years 1-4: 15%

1f532.png Nioh: 22%

1f532.png Oxenfree: 12%

1f532.png Horizon Zero Dawn: 28%  

Mainly going to focus on A Hat in Time at the moment since its small and quick mission structure is perfect to not to overshoot my gaming time. Really enjoying it so far! The visuals, the characters and the controls are all pretty solid and I really like the idea of expanding your moveset by collecting yarn and stitching new hats. It makes exploring actually worth it which in turn makes it more enjoyable as well. Performance, however, isn't the best so far. I'm usually not the person to really care about or even notice differences in fps but on several occasions it's noticeably been dropping below 30 which is starting to get slightly annoying as it can really mess up the platforming. Not sure whether this is a general issue with the game or if it's just my ps4. Let's hope it just doesn't get any worse in later levels as it's not really that big of a deal for the moment.

Looking forward to the other games as well, some of which I really should have finished a while ago already, let's make work of it.

Added you yesterday. Sorry.

• Like 1