TLOU 2 spoilers galore and also Ghost of Tsushima delayed

I have no opinion on The Last of Us Part II. Still need to finish the first game.

But as for Ghost of Tsushima I’m cool with  the delay because as @Nighcisama said they can’t do their best work atm. Plus July is far enough away that things will hopefully be a little more normal by then. Also it’s still a good distance from Cyberpunk’s release.

10 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

None. Probably will be delayed again because of covid. You think America will get all these physicals sent out when no one can go to stores cause of lockdowns? Haaa!

People are still going out to shop as normal in most states, not to mention gamestop is doing curbside pickup.

8 hours ago, Stardroid said:

Seems like it's the cool kids to do to proclaim you NeVeR PlAyEd TloU and NeVR WilL. The amount of cringe in the earlier thread was almost unbearable. Left wing plots, pepefrogs being mad at muscular women, arguing based on anonymous sources. There is only one truth in this with The Last of Us. It's a shame there are spoilers out there that ruin the experience of others. I too have seen them, on completely irrelevant threads. I saw people on Facebook commenting the whole spoiler list on Playstation pages, it's all over Twitter too, it's on unrelated gaming videos and in some cases just in completely unrelated topics such as food. If you want to remain spoiler free for a good two months, it's probably best to completely turn off your internet.  

Good thing I deleted my twitter account and deleted Facebook. They only waste your time, scrolling and scrolling shit to no end (and Instagram is even worse, though I’ve it to interact sometimes with my rlf). Pretty much all the good stuff in twitter can be filtered and exposed to you in a decent news site.

As for the criticism, well, I haven’t seen the spoilers, but I can imagine where the topics goes, plus, if it’s Sony related, it’s guaranteed to get extra interactions (be it hate or love).

And I can’t agree more about the dark stories, one of the things that blow my mind off and made me label TLOU as a masterpiece, is how cruel, realistic and emotional the story was, and the ending was just right. 

• Like 4

I feel like Naughty Dog has been on a decline for me. I grew up with Jak and Daxter and love all 4 games. When it comes to Uncharted, I still think the storytelling is pretty great still, but the controls are a turn off every time I hop on any of the games. I tried playing The Last of Us years ago, and just did not like it at all. I felt the controls were bad, and the storytelling after the intro sequence was mediocre at best (I do think the game is great objectively speaking, because most everyone else who played the game loves it). Gearing up to The Last of Us Part 2 I've had this suspicion that the game would not be really well-received. After looking at spoilers and reading more upon it, (no spoilers from me. I'm not that kind of guy) I just do not understand what they were thinking with that. I understand that the world of TLoU is supposed to be dark, and not everything has a happy ending. In fact, I like when stories deviate from the generic happy ending, and especially when it is executed well. However, I do not believe what has been shown within the leaks is a good way of showing that the story is supposed to be dark and not a happy ending and instead seems like it leans more on shock value. Of course, I could be wrong because the game is not released, and therefore have not experienced it. Maybe it will be properly explained and will be good. However, I think it is unlikely. I do want the game to be good, because I think Naughty Dog can make great games, but this is not looking too good in my opinion.

That being said, Ghost of Tsushima has looked amazing so far!! One of the few games that I'm really looking forward to.

• Like 4

This just show the amount people that went nuts with something that was trending and never actually care about the product (original TLOU), that's why I always said that a big amount acted like a cult.

Spoiler

People infuriated about the Woke aspect that the 2nd contains it seems that played the 1st one blindly, some of that was there, subtlety, but it was there.

And it seems that is the norm in many things, c'mon. You've seen it, most of series nowadays, start subtle and then go Full Woke on the following seasons.

Edited by DaivRules
actually put in the spoiler tags
  • Like 1