OathToOblivion01

TLOU 2 spoilers galore and also Ghost of Tsushima delayed

313 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, rotoninja said:

 

I feel this happens a lot when a franchise/type of hobby (Star Wars, comics, etc.) reaches critical mass. When something niche suddenly becomes overly popular, it then becomes easy to market  and put on a path to maximize it profits; this comes at a cost unfortunately as sometimes decision makers cater to the lowest common denominator vs. the original fans, who supported the product in the first place. There's some initial spin by the page view news and the IGNs, but in the end nothing is left but piles of ash. Where is Star Wars now? How many comic book stores are closing these days? What is the current state of Battlefied? All good things come an end and enjoying ND's games were fun while they lasted...but the red flags started to appear when Druckmann decided to remove Doughnut Drake from UC4 to not offend overweight people.

 

Thank God for indie game developers. 

Drunkman talks about being inclusive then removes doughnut drake so fat people can't enjoy having a relatable character for once. Who even is the target audience for TLOU2? Not the fans or SJW who don't even buy games...really sad to see one of the best playstation developers go down this way. I didn't think TLOU1 was that amazing but it was at least a decent game.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xh117 said:

Drunkman talks about being inclusive then removes doughnut drake so fat people can't enjoy having a relatable character for once. Who even is the target audience for TLOU2? Not the fans or SJW who don't even buy games...really sad to see one of the best playstation developers go down this way. I didn't think TLOU1 was that amazing but it was at least a decent game.

 

And this is after they ditch Uncharted.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spaz said:

 

I have yet to see a single post where someone stated they had issues with minorities, homosexuals, transgenders and lesbians in regards to this game.

 

During the past few hours I have read a number of Neil's posts on social media. He is basically a temper tantrum, whiny little child who can't accept any voice of criticism. These are the kinds of people running Hollywood now. Naughty Dog is in fact in close proximity with Hollywood. A number of movies I've seen come out of Hollywood these past few years have basically tried to shove down a political agenda in some form or another, while trying to milk what they can out of Star Wars and the multitude of Marvel blockbuster films that all follow the same themes.

 

I don't associate Christians as radical retarded jackasses. It's the crazy nutball religious assholes who give Christians a bad reputation. Like that one guy in Florida who thought people were too weak minded and scared because of the C19 virus posing a significant threat. Of course it's a fucking threat, I'm still stuck at home working remotely.

 

The days of Jak and Daxter and Uncharted giving Naughty Dog a high reputation are over. As the old saying goes, "Shit rolls from top to bottom". If all these people at Naughty Dog or who were at Naughty Dog are disgusted, you just need to look at the top bracket. If a moron heads a company or project, shit isn't going to go well for the people under them.

 

 

This is why I don't enjoy AAA games as much anymore like I used to.

 

Graphics do not equate to quality. People can throw the book and debate with me all they want on that, but a game with only graphics going for it is a polished turd in my eyes.

 

I mean sure, the indie market has a lot of bad apples. But generally I find the good indies to have compelling gameplay. Something like Tetris Effect offers deep compelling gameplay, they took something from decades ago and redesigned it so it's fresh and exciting. Furthermore it doesn't hold your hand and offers possibly limitless replay value. That is more than what I can say for a lot of modern day AAA games. Especially considering how easy AAA games are now, the companies treat us like we've never been challenged or played games that require us to use our brains a little.

 

 

You know, I'm starting to think maybe you misunderstood that opinion of mine you were calling "a breath of fresh air" in one of my statuses yesterday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edited because I can't be bothered. 

Edited by Stardroid
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT

Edited by Spaz
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not gonna spoil it for you guys but after the TLOU2 people lost their shit and refunded their preorders. Those leaks seems legit cause Naughty Dog reacted to it in a depressing way. I mean, 5 or 6+ years of work wasted just by a person that was not properly paid by them. I'd still play it despite of  what happens but anyway. 

What are you thoughts about this? 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still going to play and platinum TLOU1 soon enough and most likely ignore the 2nd game, mainly it didn't held too much of my interest and after witnessing the recent leaks of the plot for the game being complete shit, in kinda glad I did.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though i'm not a huge fan to TLOU's but I seen this same shit before. Development Studios are selfish, greedy, snake-eating assholes who don't paid there employees enough after all the hard work they done just like Rockstar Games included. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my response on another thread linking it here got merged.... 
I'm giving it the ole college try if I like it I like it if not well can always sell it 

Edited by mackenzie129
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stardroid said:

You are exactly the kind of clown I reference in my earlier post which I deleted to not have to deal with this crap. 

 

Difference is I didn't jump on the hate bandwagon or jump to conclusions like a lot of people who have stated they won't purchase The Last of Us Part II. I didn't have my money and prayers banked on this game as many long time The Last of Us fans did before the leak came out.

 

I'm sorry so many people lack the intelligence and the logic reasoning to look at this issue far deeper than just throwing blind hate around. The employees who left and those who are still at Naughty Dog must be feeling the pressure I'm sure. Other than that, I'm not defending Naughty Dog, because from where I'm standing they're a sign of the times. Politics getting shoved into games for no reason other than to state "Hey we did it, what are you going to do about it?"

Edited by Spaz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaz said:

 

Difference is I didn't jump on the hate bandwagon or jump to conclusions like a lot of people who have stated they won't purchase The Last of Us Part II. I didn't have my money and prayers banked on this game as many long time The Last of Us fans did before the leak came out.

 

I'm sorry so many people lack the intelligence and the logic reasoning to look at this issue far deeper than just throwing blind hate around. The employees who left and those who are still at Naughty Dog must be feeling the pressure I'm sure. Other than that, I'm not defending Naughty Dog, because from where I'm standing they're a sign of the times. Politics getting shoved into games for no reason other to state "Hey we did it, what are you going to do about it?"

Every post you make you just keep showing me more and more that I am right about you. And yes, it is true that it's unfortunate people don't have the reasoning skills to at least dig a little deeper. And what politics are you talking about here? You know the motivation of the developers? You know why they put in political things? I don't, I can't read their minds. Politics is on almost every game. It's just when it's something that people don't like, they get bent out of shape and start moaning about it. These people simply need to grow up and realise it's a video game. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stardroid said:

Every post you make you just keep showing me more and more that I am right about you. And yes, it is true that it's unfortunate people don't have the reasoning skills to at least dig a little deeper. And what politics are you talking about here? You know the motivation of the developers? You know why they put in political things? I don't, I can't read their minds. Politics is on almost every game. It's just when it's something that people don't like, they get bent out of shape and start moaning about it. These people simply need to grow up and realise it's a video game. 

 

There's a stark difference between politics shoved into a game, and politics presented in such a fashion that was well laid out and acceptable.

 

Metal Gear Solid falls in the latter category. According to most, The Last of Us Part II falls in the former.

 

Yes, politics is in a lot of video games, with the exception of overly simple games that play in a Super Mario Bros esque fashion that don't really have a story. Metal Gear Solid instilled politics in it's stories for nearly two decades. I don't recall anybody complaining about it on a mass scale. Since you already done the Metal Gear Solid games, I'm sure you know this.

 

That's why I mentioned the pitch fork mentality earlier. People have this sense of passion, then when something changes to resemble a form they don't like, they complain en masse.

 

The fact that countless people got so worked up over a leak in a video game is pathetic enough. What worries me the most is most of these people are long past high school and college. They should of reached the age of reason long ago. Yet they gather on the internet to act like children.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad they are getting pushed back but I will have to say the leak for last of us 2 is just like a rehash of wolfenstein 2 or young blood, your better off being spoiled to save your money for something else like Ghosts of Tsushima as at the end of it if ND are going to please the sjws and all that crap your better off just leaving them I mean look at mirror's edge last game or as I stated before wolfenstein if devs want to please them people more then the fans your better off just leaving them no matter how good of dev they are.

 

Sure my thoughts might come off as either bad or just crapy but I feel I speak the truth as this kind of thing has gone on and on for too long and we the people who buy their games should stop and give nothing with our cash to show them we don't want this and want it like this and this. I mean I don't care for the last of us but if I was a fan I would wake up and say no I want it like this and this. but hey people would buy it due to how over hyped it is. it might turn into another no man's sky in terms of how it will bomb in sales.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummm so a full 1h and 30m 1080p (yes you read that correctly) of footage has been leaked, I'll just leave it here for anyone who wants to see 😏 (i guess it goes without showing, there are extreme spoilers in here especially after the 1h mark)

 

 

 

Edited by panikooooos
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I got spoiled and I thought I would share my thoughts about what's going on (without spoiling, of course).

 

I do not have a issue with games being political, expressing certain opinions about groups of people etc. A game might make me think about things, but I do not expect any game ALONE to change my views about something. As in any form of art, games are, to an extent, the expression of their creator's/director's views/opinions/etc. In this instance, If Neil Druckman wants to say things through his games, it is his right and people need to chill out. No one is forced to buy his games, especially if you don't agree with his views.

 

However, I do have a problem for a sequel to do an 180 degree turn from the first game. With TLOU2, things are completely different (side note: I have yet to play Left Behind, so I don't if some of the leaks are being hinted there). What was a pretty much "apolitical" game, seems to have become a collection of x/y/z views. And, in order to accommodate these changes, the plot, character arcs (old and new), the game as a whole, have to be altered in such ways, that it makes no sense. Like, at all.

 

We have to wait for the final game to be released, in order to judge the plot properly. Although I highly doubt it, maybe these changes are being justified by the rest of the plot that hasn't leaked yet. Of course, justified doesn't mean people have to like it. Personally, I was going to preorder, but I cannot deny that I have serious second thoughts now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 19th. Can’t wait. I’m really excited to finally play it. TLOU is one of my favorite games I’ve played. I think this game is going to be really good. What does everybody else think?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

June 19th. Can’t wait. I’m really excited to finally play it. TLOU is one of my favorite games I’ve played. I think this game is going to be really good. What does everybody else think?

I guess ill be bying it on offer( i never do this usually) especially to a game this big and one of my favourites of all time, this is just me this time👍 ill still have a blast with ghost of tushima!👍

9 minutes ago, Deadsh0tdoubleG said:

Unfortunately, I got spoiled and I thought I would share my thoughts about what's going on (without spoiling, of course).

 

I do not have a issue with games being political, expressing certain opinions about groups of people etc. A game might make me think about things, but I do not expect any game ALONE to change my views about something. As in any form of art, games are, to an extent, the expression of their creator's/director's views/opinions/etc. In this instance, If Neil Druckman wants to say things through his games, it is his right and people need to chill out. No one is forced to buy his games, especially if you don't agree with his views.

 

However, I do have a problem for a sequel to do an 180 degree turn from the first game. With TLOU2, things are completely different (side note: I have yet to play Left Behind, so I don't if some of the leaks are being hinted there). What was a pretty much "apolitical" game, seems to have become a collection of x/y/z views. And, in order to accommodate these changes, the plot, character arcs (old and new), the game as a whole, have to be altered in such ways, that it makes no sense. Like, at all.

 

We have to wait for the final game to be released, in order to judge the plot properly. Although I highly doubt it, maybe these changes are being justified by the rest of the plot that hasn't leaked yet. Of course, justified doesn't mean people have to like it. Personally, I was going to preorder, but I cannot deny that I have serious second thoughts now.

Its not political that bothers me, it is joel, and love fest story 😥

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.