OathToOblivion01

TLOU 2 spoilers galore and also Ghost of Tsushima delayed

314 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Because it’s already being discussed here. Duplicate topics get merged so your posts haven’t been deleted, they’re in this thread discussing the very thing you wanted to discuss. 

Ohh , ok i didn't know . Sorry for that

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

The first question - no chance. The game is apparently super long. Their "biggest game ever".

Reveal hidden contents

And there is a lot of stuff before he even joins Ellie, if I'm not mistaken. Parts of the game that weren't recorded.

Fact remains though is that the story is still fucked.

Joel gets clubbed to death by a golf club and spat on by Senator Armstrong and Ellie gets beaten to death (presumably). They also force you to take control of "Ma'am" and off those characters whom we've come to love after spending lots of hours with in TLoU 1, by some half assed QTE. 

Edited by PooPooBlast

Just now, PooPooBlast said:

Reveal hidden contents

Joel gets clubbed to death by a golf club and spat on by Senator Armstrong and Ellie gets beaten to death (presumably). They also force you to take control of Ma'am and off those characters by some half assed QTE. 

Yeah, I know. I'm just talking about when that happens in the game.

5 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Joel gets clubbed to death by a golf club and spat on by Senator Armstrong and Ellie gets beaten to death (presumably). They also force you to take control of "Ma'am" and off those characters by some half assed QTE. 

I was expecting Joel death but not like this , he could as well got loose brick to head while travelling with Ellie . As for our Strong Lady i was sure about playing as her too , on first trailer, that character wasn't looking that buff . Story got messed up badly all thanks to narcissistic director and bunch of spineless writers . Hope Sony will make him responsible for sales that are bound to tank 😎

Anyone should look up the spoiler. It'll save you money considering they fucked the story for an agenda.  

Me forced to play as a transgender feminist harpies on steroids lashes out at everybody around .... no way buying this title thanks naughty dog and 60$ saved

like fuck, give joel a more decent death at least.

And assuming that WONDERWOMAN wouldn't kill Joel and fought Ellie, most of players could play as her . Even ignoring that bulk body or whatever she fancy 

11 minutes ago, cometowner said:

Me forced to play as a transgender feminist harpies on steroids lashes out at everybody around .... no way buying this title thanks naughty dog and 60$ saved

Why not? Do bulky women on "steroids" make you feel insecure? 

Last hope lays with CYBERPUNK  2077 , or wishful thinking of Bethesda using new engine for ES6

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Keay said:

Yes. Men on steriods too, btw.

Edited by Sikutai

50 minutes ago, Keay said:

she is ugly too 

I will buy the game for £10 on eBay. Not giving this shills at Naughty Dog any of my money

Lots of redpills here, good to know. Pity this is inconsequential. This game is going to sell well and since reviewers are pretty much in the same political bubble as Druckmann they are going o praise every single dumb creative decision made for this game. Maybe a bad metacritic score, some people complaining on youtube, that's it. Inconsequential.  

1 hour ago, EstebanFox said:

Lots of redpills here, good to know. Pity this is inconsequential. This game is going to sell well and since reviewers are pretty much in the same political bubble as Druckmann they are going o praise every single dumb creative decision made for this game. Maybe a bad metacritic score, some people complaining on youtube, that's it. Inconsequential.  

I dunno about that. Lots of people are saying they are cancelling. This was going to be a day one purchase for me because the original story was so good, but I'm not impressed with what I've heard. I don't know that reviewers will be forgiving just because they skew left...I skew left politically and I think it sounds like a generic "revenge doesn't make anyone happy" story. People on the left want equality in representation, not contrived nonsense to make a statement. I think the fallout may be bigger than you think. Will it be a flop? Probably not...but it won't be as big as ND is expecting. 

She's not even that buff. Google "female bodybuilder". This outrage is ridiculous and it's hilarious coming from the people who accuse leftists of being overly sensitive - muscular men in every other game is completely fine, but ONE woman who looks like she actually works out?

Honestly, this sort of thing is exactly why we need more diverse characters in gaming - we have an entire generation of gamers who think all women look like thin supermodels, apparently. Anyway, I was thinking of waiting until this game dropped to 30$, but I might buy it on release just to support ND's creative decisions.

19 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

She's not even that buff. Google "female bodybuilder". This outrage is ridiculous and it's hilarious coming from the people who accuse leftists of being overly sensitive - muscular men in every other game is completely fine, but ONE woman who looks like she actually works out?

Honestly, this sort of thing is exactly why we need more diverse characters in gaming - we have an entire generation of gamers who think all women look like thin supermodels, apparently. Anyway, I was thinking of waiting until this game dropped to 30$, but I might buy it on release just to support ND's creative decisions.

I'm staying away from the outrage. I think the problem is everybody, or most people treated The Last of Us as their little darling, then Naughty Dog turned the other cheek and they are freaking out about it. It's probably good I was never all too invested in the game in the first place.

This generation of gamers is pathetic honestly. As much as I don't like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus's story, they had the balls to put in an African American woman who was pregnant, so I'll give them credit for that.

If people would stop looking at teenage girls on Instagram who are skeletons, there are plenty of woman out there who work out and don't starve themselves to death to try to start a modeling career.

Overly sensitive people. One of the cancers of modern society.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I'm staying away from the outrage. I think the problem is everybody, or most people treated The Last of Us as their little darling, then Naughty Dog turned the other cheek and they are freaking out about it. It's probably good I was never all too invested in the game in the first place.

This generation of gamers is pathetic honestly. As much as I don't like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus's story, they had the balls to put in an African American woman who was pregnant, so I'll give them credit for that.

If people would stop looking at teenage girls on Instagram who are skeletons, there are plenty of woman out there who work out and don't starve themselves to death to try to start a modeling career.

Overly sensitive people. One of the cancers of modern society.

Yeah, I mean, honestly, I absolutely hated the Last of Us 1's ending - it was completely fucked up. Complaining about TLoU 2 now seems like it's kinda... lacking retrospection, because we've already established that the Last of Us was a series about terrible things happening to terrible people. I'm honestly looking forward to TLoU 2's story. The first's was haunting.

And yeah, I thought Wolfenstein 2 was very *in your face* about things, but I did appreciate its bravery. But then, the first game was pretty in your face about things too, so, who cares?

I don't think there's anything wrong with sensitivity in and of itself - being able to be vulnerable is a good thing - but when you combine hypersensitivity with an entitlement to having everything catered to your sensitivities, that's when you end up with these completely futile internet meltdowns because a game didn't entirely cater to you as an individual. There's a lot of people out there, and they all have different tastes and needs, and sometimes, games are going to try to earn their dollar. That's just how the world works.

8 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with sensitivity in and of itself - being able to be vulnerable is a good thing - but when you combine hypersensitivity with an entitlement to having everything catered to your sensitivities, that's when you end up with these completely futile internet meltdowns because a game didn't entirely cater to you as an individual. There's a lot of people out there, and they all have different tastes and needs, and sometimes, games are going to try to earn their dollar. That's just how the world works.

Sensitivity is a natural human emotion. Oversensitivity is letting your emotions be entirely the judge of whether you are going to commit yourself to something, or make a rash statement, generally inconsequential.

This generation didn't grow up past the schoolyard mentality of "my opinions matter, yours doesn't". Read this article and you will understand exactly where I'm coming from:

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/hate-social-media

We constantly try to find things that make us happy and we try to seek approval on all platforms. None of this outrage and controversy for The Last of Us Part II would exist had the first game not been made.

I think the best thing people should do is admit they won't buy the game and won't support the company who made it. Instead people are taking it to the next level in hypersensitivity in claiming they are being censored by Sony/Naughty Dog, as that one guy in that YouTube video basically stated. 

People are a bunch of soft pussies who can't accept criticism. One reason why social media today is a shithouse.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, EstebanFox said:

Not quite. I guess for starters I should ask, what does "sell well" mean to you? Or, even to Sony for that matter. For me, if it's under 10 million copies (God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn territory). Even then, the cost it took to make the game coupled with the marketing has already start to bleed Sony a little bit as they showed their hand by delaying the game in the first place as they wanted to capitalize on the physical copies and bundles. All I know is, I don't see sales of the game increasing at all due to this, which is going to affect the sales expectations and Naughty Dog investors.

Edited by rotoninja

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sikutai

4 hours ago, rotoninja said:

Not quite. I guess for starters I should ask, what does "sell well" mean to you? Or, even to Sony for that matter. For me, if it's under 10 million copies (God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn territory). Even then, the cost it took to make the game coupled with the marketing has already start to bleed Sony a little bit as they showed their hand by delaying the game in the first place as they wanted to capitalize on the physical copies and bundles. All I know is, I don't see sales of the game increasing at all due to this, which is going to affect the sales expectations and Naughty Dog investors.

Yep , look at BATTLEFIELD 5 . And "BRAVE"  statement  ' don't like don't buy ' Has that one worked well ? Even director quit after getting bonuses 🤑  druckman and other senior menagement got their bonuses already and " development pleb" have to wait fev months for bonus , that is dependent on sales .

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

I don't know how , sorry 1f60e.png

That's it? You don't know how? What about taking a fuckin' minute of your precious time to learn how before spoiling the game for everybody else?! 

I see the thread got renamed now. Used to be a spoiler-free discussion but of course, some imbecile couldn't resist the urge to spoil the game for others. Learn to cope with your emotions. Take your saved 60 dollars and go find the next internet drama you can jump on. Or you can participate in some other childish activity like harass Druckmann on Twitter.

I've read some good spoiler-free points here when the thread started, for which I'm thankful for since I was interested in it. But ultimately I'm sorry for the people from Naughty Dog and other game studios working in this industry where half of the customer base consists of entitled immature people not being able to politely deal with the creative decision of company which brought them many great games in past and just move on.

Because obviously, one (yet to see) misstep means Naughty Dog deserves to go out of the business, and Druckmann and others shouldn't get paid for 6 years of work they are proud of. And thanks to that pos leaker, the other half of the people me included need to think twice what to click on the internet for the next almost two months just because some loser has nothing better to do with his time than shit on work of others. Well done.

Edited by BloodyRutz