TLOU 2 spoilers galore and also Ghost of Tsushima delayed

Lots of redpills here, good to know. Pity this is inconsequential. This game is going to sell well and since reviewers are pretty much in the same political bubble as Druckmann they are going o praise every single dumb creative decision made for this game. Maybe a bad metacritic score, some people complaining on youtube, that's it. Inconsequential.  

1 hour ago, EstebanFox said:

Lots of redpills here, good to know. Pity this is inconsequential. This game is going to sell well and since reviewers are pretty much in the same political bubble as Druckmann they are going o praise every single dumb creative decision made for this game. Maybe a bad metacritic score, some people complaining on youtube, that's it. Inconsequential.  

I dunno about that. Lots of people are saying they are cancelling. This was going to be a day one purchase for me because the original story was so good, but I'm not impressed with what I've heard. I don't know that reviewers will be forgiving just because they skew left...I skew left politically and I think it sounds like a generic "revenge doesn't make anyone happy" story. People on the left want equality in representation, not contrived nonsense to make a statement. I think the fallout may be bigger than you think. Will it be a flop? Probably not...but it won't be as big as ND is expecting. 

• Like 2

She's not even that buff. Google "female bodybuilder". This outrage is ridiculous and it's hilarious coming from the people who accuse leftists of being overly sensitive - muscular men in every other game is completely fine, but ONE woman who looks like she actually works out?

Honestly, this sort of thing is exactly why we need more diverse characters in gaming - we have an entire generation of gamers who think all women look like thin supermodels, apparently. Anyway, I was thinking of waiting until this game dropped to 30$, but I might buy it on release just to support ND's creative decisions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

She's not even that buff. Google "female bodybuilder". This outrage is ridiculous and it's hilarious coming from the people who accuse leftists of being overly sensitive - muscular men in every other game is completely fine, but ONE woman who looks like she actually works out?

Honestly, this sort of thing is exactly why we need more diverse characters in gaming - we have an entire generation of gamers who think all women look like thin supermodels, apparently. Anyway, I was thinking of waiting until this game dropped to 30$, but I might buy it on release just to support ND's creative decisions.

I'm staying away from the outrage. I think the problem is everybody, or most people treated The Last of Us as their little darling, then Naughty Dog turned the other cheek and they are freaking out about it. It's probably good I was never all too invested in the game in the first place.

This generation of gamers is pathetic honestly. As much as I don't like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus's story, they had the balls to put in an African American woman who was pregnant, so I'll give them credit for that.

If people would stop looking at teenage girls on Instagram who are skeletons, there are plenty of woman out there who work out and don't starve themselves to death to try to start a modeling career.

Overly sensitive people. One of the cancers of modern society.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I'm staying away from the outrage. I think the problem is everybody, or most people treated The Last of Us as their little darling, then Naughty Dog turned the other cheek and they are freaking out about it. It's probably good I was never all too invested in the game in the first place.

This generation of gamers is pathetic honestly. As much as I don't like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus's story, they had the balls to put in an African American woman who was pregnant, so I'll give them credit for that.

If people would stop looking at teenage girls on Instagram who are skeletons, there are plenty of woman out there who work out and don't starve themselves to death to try to start a modeling career.

Overly sensitive people. One of the cancers of modern society.

Yeah, I mean, honestly, I absolutely hated the Last of Us 1's ending - it was completely fucked up. Complaining about TLoU 2 now seems like it's kinda... lacking retrospection, because we've already established that the Last of Us was a series about terrible things happening to terrible people. I'm honestly looking forward to TLoU 2's story. The first's was haunting.

And yeah, I thought Wolfenstein 2 was very *in your face* about things, but I did appreciate its bravery. But then, the first game was pretty in your face about things too, so, who cares?

I don't think there's anything wrong with sensitivity in and of itself - being able to be vulnerable is a good thing - but when you combine hypersensitivity with an entitlement to having everything catered to your sensitivities, that's when you end up with these completely futile internet meltdowns because a game didn't entirely cater to you as an individual. There's a lot of people out there, and they all have different tastes and needs, and sometimes, games are going to try to earn their dollar. That's just how the world works.

8 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with sensitivity in and of itself - being able to be vulnerable is a good thing - but when you combine hypersensitivity with an entitlement to having everything catered to your sensitivities, that's when you end up with these completely futile internet meltdowns because a game didn't entirely cater to you as an individual. There's a lot of people out there, and they all have different tastes and needs, and sometimes, games are going to try to earn their dollar. That's just how the world works.

Sensitivity is a natural human emotion. Oversensitivity is letting your emotions be entirely the judge of whether you are going to commit yourself to something, or make a rash statement, generally inconsequential.

This generation didn't grow up past the schoolyard mentality of "my opinions matter, yours doesn't". Read this article and you will understand exactly where I'm coming from:

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture/hate-social-media

We constantly try to find things that make us happy and we try to seek approval on all platforms. None of this outrage and controversy for The Last of Us Part II would exist had the first game not been made.

I think the best thing people should do is admit they won't buy the game and won't support the company who made it. Instead people are taking it to the next level in hypersensitivity in claiming they are being censored by Sony/Naughty Dog, as that one guy in that YouTube video basically stated. 

People are a bunch of soft pussies who can't accept criticism. One reason why social media today is a shithouse.

3 hours ago, EstebanFox said:

Not quite. I guess for starters I should ask, what does "sell well" mean to you? Or, even to Sony for that matter. For me, if it's under 10 million copies (God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn territory). Even then, the cost it took to make the game coupled with the marketing has already start to bleed Sony a little bit as they showed their hand by delaying the game in the first place as they wanted to capitalize on the physical copies and bundles. All I know is, I don't see sales of the game increasing at all due to this, which is going to affect the sales expectations and Naughty Dog investors.

Edited by rotoninja

4 hours ago, rotoninja said:

Not quite. I guess for starters I should ask, what does "sell well" mean to you? Or, even to Sony for that matter. For me, if it's under 10 million copies (God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn territory). Even then, the cost it took to make the game coupled with the marketing has already start to bleed Sony a little bit as they showed their hand by delaying the game in the first place as they wanted to capitalize on the physical copies and bundles. All I know is, I don't see sales of the game increasing at all due to this, which is going to affect the sales expectations and Naughty Dog investors.

Yep , look at BATTLEFIELD 5 . And "BRAVE"  statement  ' don't like don't buy ' Has that one worked well ? Even director quit after getting bonuses ?  druckman and other senior menagement got their bonuses already and " development pleb" have to wait fev months for bonus , that is dependent on sales .

3 hours ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

I don't know how , sorry 1f60e.png

That's it? You don't know how? What about taking a fuckin' minute of your precious time to learn how before spoiling the game for everybody else?! 

I see the thread got renamed now. Used to be a spoiler-free discussion but of course, some imbecile couldn't resist the urge to spoil the game for others. Learn to cope with your emotions. Take your saved 60 dollars and go find the next internet drama you can jump on. Or you can participate in some other childish activity like harass Druckmann on Twitter.

I've read some good spoiler-free points here when the thread started, for which I'm thankful for since I was interested in it. But ultimately I'm sorry for the people from Naughty Dog and other game studios working in this industry where half of the customer base consists of entitled immature people not being able to politely deal with the creative decision of company which brought them many great games in past and just move on.

Because obviously, one (yet to see) misstep means Naughty Dog deserves to go out of the business, and Druckmann and others shouldn't get paid for 6 years of work they are proud of. And thanks to that pos leaker, the other half of the people me included need to think twice what to click on the internet for the next almost two months just because some loser has nothing better to do with his time than shit on work of others. Well done.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Yeah, no. I would argue about that. Also that wasn't really the point, I could pick one of many other things to prove "integrity" of that guy.

The only thing i can feel sorry about are employees who was working asses of while getting paid S""T  and bonuses they will probably get fked over . If he such a GREAT director he can go KOJIMA way and establish his own studio , but who will invest in him ?

2 hours ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

The only thing i can feel sorry about are employees who was working asses of while getting paid S""T  and bonuses they will probably get fked over . If he such a GREAT director he can go KOJIMA way and establish his own studio , but who will invest in him ?

I just edited my comment a moment ago. I don't really know Neil Druckmann. I don't know if he's great director. I'm yet to find out. Also what Kojima did, it's not that easy. You can be a great director but running your own studio is completely different thing.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

I just edited my comment. I don't really know him. I don't know if he's great director. I'm yet to find out.

Then check all things he done , guy biggoted af . Amy Henning was way better , Uncharted series would propably still exist if it wasn't for him 

Edited by MCH-MONOH7DRAT3

I'm not sure what the bigger cringe is right now; the leaks or the people defending Naughty Dog.

EDIT;

this sounded too harsh. I prefer to say, people defending Naughty Dog over these story decisions specifically. They are unequivocally bad and I will elaborate upon this statement in a new post.

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Then check al things he done , guy biggoted af . Amy Henning was way better , Uncharted series would propably still exist if it wasn't for him 

I like Uncharted but I think the main series ended pretty well, and 4 games is a good run. There’s lots of movies/shows and arguably game series that dragged on for too long and are remembered negatively for it, so it’s better for it to end on a high. Maybe Nolan North wouldn’t want to keep playing the same character again anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

I like Uncharted but I think the main series ended pretty well, and 4 games is a good run. There’s lots of movies/shows and arguably game series that dragged on for too long and are remembered negatively for it, so it’s better for it to end on a high. Maybe Nolan North wouldn’t want to keep playing the same character again anyway.

Uncharted went TLOU drama with long lost brother plot and rafe as villain . Assassin Creed is a drag , uncharted not so much . Vallhalla and Odyssey is to Origins like Revelations and Brotherhood to AC2 even if Brotherhood was best of those  

Edited by MCH-MONOH7DRAT3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Golem25 said:

I'm not sure what the bigger cringe is right now; the leaks or the people defending Naughty Dog.

Is this related to my comment? If so, I'm not defending Naughty Dog. Since English is not my first language I'm struggling to put it to words for you to understand. I like games but I'm not a fan of studios (although I very much respect their work in general) nor attached to the games I play. I see no reason why should I defend a company I have no affiliation with whatsoever. Is it that hard to understand that not everybody needs to be hardcore fan of something/somebody to have an opinion on it/them putting any kind of feelings aside?

1 hour ago, MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 said:

Both but people who 'played' TLOU on Ytub or didn't play at all and defending ARTISTIC vision / practices of druckman are BEST

Again, not sure if related to my comment, but I've played the original several times. I'm just not emotionally attached to it, that is why I would not have a need to defend/hate Naughty Dog or Druckmann if I would have seen the leak. The only problem I have is with people spoiling the game for others who decided not to spoil it for yourself and immaturity of gamers in general in these kind of situations when somebody decides not to tailor the sequel of their precious game according to their expectations. It was their vision. Maybe they fucked up, maybe not. I will buy the game and see. I will like it or won't. That's it. No need to be outraged. 

So I'm kindly asking you not to twist what I'm saying just to write some pretentious comment out of nowhere about something being cringe or satisfy your own agenda and maybe try to actually read the words I'm writing instead.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

I wanted to see some gameplay, so I ended up watching this last video that @MCH-MONOH7DRAT3 posted. Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler

- Like I already had heard some people saying and I agree, the prologue is awesome and exactly what, we fans, wanted to see in a sequel: Joel and Ellie together again, after the events of the first game. It was incredibly lovely, sweet and nostalgic seeing them again, interacting with each other. These are such good, masterfully created characters, with such a great chemistry between them, that if Naughty Dog had kept them alive and well, I have no doubt that this sequel would be another beloved masterpiece.

- Joel's death scene is disgusting. There's even one character spitting on his body and, as a fan, I'm not even going to comment that.

- That boss fight, that ends in Abby beating up Ellie (almost?) to death is also disgusting. This fight is also completely identical to the encounter between David and Ellie, in the first game. So Naughty Dog knew how to create this surreal horrific story, but couldn't come up with a more creative boss fight?

- The new characters are super weird and unrelatable. I am definitely not looking forward to playing as Abby, especially after what she did to Joel.

- I still haven't come to a conclusion about the pacing of the game. Sometimes, the gameplay felt reasonable, but other times it felt a bit too stylized/cinematic. It definitely felt inferior in comparison to the first game, but I still have to inform myself better.

- In the end, I think this could have been a great game if the right people were in charge of it. Sadly, what they actually did was to ruin a great story and two great characters. For us, fans, the sequel will end in that amazing prologue, because we don't want anything to do with what happens next.

2 hours ago, Golem25 said:

Naughty Dog and Neil Druckmann are being completely trucidated on Facebook and Twitter. Only a small minority is defending them. Considering how bad the game's story is, this leak is the worst possible thing that could have happened to them. Many people are cancelling their pre-orders or simply stating they wouldn't play this game, even they were paid to do it. That's how much disgust people are feeling.

Edited by Carol
  • Like 2

I've had another think about the whole thing, and I believe this leak makes me appreciate the first game more - in hindsight. I didn't like it, actually, and I still think it's meh at best, but that's because I am a sour, critical weeb.

TLOU was so universally praised because it had universal appeal; a good narrative for people who want a good story, a strong female character (an actually good one!) for people who wanted that, and a gruff male protag for the people who wanted one. Perfect, everyone is being catered to without stepping on anyone's toes; Ellie was well received by people who don't usually care about female representation for the way in which she was presented. She was portrayed as a 14 year old girl in her gameplay segments, not as an unstoppable Navy SEAL.

But then TLOU2 tosses it all out for.... uhm, for what, Druckmann? Not for fun, because that's a naughty word according to you.

Spoiler

Joel gets his brains bashed in for being a CIS white male

Ellie gets her shit kicked in

Her girlfriend gets her shit kicked in

And all this by a 'female' that looks like it repurposes the body model of a male NPC. Who are they trying to please? If I was transgender, or, well, tricked into thinking I was actually female, I'd be horrified by this negative portrayal

How utterly disgusting. Sony's leadership, who are complicit in this nonsense and the censorship of Japanese games earlier, needs to be purged by HR. Ideally, we'd have some good old conservative Japanese execs stepping in.

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 3

we live in a divisive political climate. and they wanted this woke push to be secret.. as sony would already have the money the story would be the way it is, they wouldn't care if it needed to go forward with a 3rd sequel or not.

sony know that there is a huge portion of people who won't play it now, there's people who'#ve stayed away from spoilers and they will get what they get and like it or not. and then there's the fence sitters and a fairly large portion of gamers who are pissed at how ND have treated their staff.

chances are sony threw a boat load of cash at ND employees, told em to shut up whilst they run damage control and hope sales are over 4 million with enough subversion. because it won't hit 10+ like they hoped it would.

im going to be honest, and say I was a fence sitter anyway, i loved tlou all bar 1 thing.. and that 1 thing did look like it was much more improved on in this sequel, so my friend was going to buy it. and we would swap I buy some games, he buys others we both play all and are happy. but even for free i wouldn't bother with this shit now.. and i cba with the original on this account either. already deleted the license.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1