Sony has found the TLOU2 leaker, saying they were not affiliated with either Sony or Naughty Dog

Azaan60

People are crazy. You play video games this long. Heavy Rain was enough for me. You hear warnings about spoilers and you take action. You turn your messages off, you limit social media... It's called black out. Why do I not have the game spoiled for me, and you do ? You slipped up most likely.  People straight up acting like the leaker injected the spoilers into every gamers brain.

• Like 4

If they have really found him - cool.

Now the question is what Sony or ND and other studios will do so this doesn't happen again (even though this whole situation probably had to do with COVID and people working from home). They must be thinking about it now.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

I could care less WHO actually leaked spoilers for the game;

You meant couldn't care less.  If you could care less, then you do in fact care, at least a little.

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 3

Coming from the same group of people that lied about the reasoning behind why the game itself was delayed indefinitely, only to then a mere few weeks later officially give it (close) release date "coincidentally" after the leaks/spoilers.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

I read some of the leaks and I'm still skeptical about any of them being true. I'm getting the game day 1 anyway. I've waited this long for it.

If the leaks are true, the last game started with the main character losing his daughter. I wouldn't be too beholden to anything with this game series.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

I saw the title and was expecting topic to be all like "Sony TLoU2 leaker found dead"

No-one else? 

More on topic:

People arent slaves. Treat em better to stop em being ****s

We have labor boards in place to handle those kind of disputes. Cali has an entire website for it: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm
Leaking confidential information to "get even" isn't a smart move and created more collateral damage than anything else. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 3

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

I wonder if they will cancel it in the end. Maybe release something different in they next 2-3 years

they need to recoup the investment, no way can the studio survive without getting some return

52 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

How was it a lie? They removed any and all release dates. They refunded digital purchases. At the time,they didn't have a new release date.
Much like the Linux thing. If you can prove it then sue them for whatever you can get. 

It's either a lie (to maximize profits) or they don't actually care about people's lives/damage control.

The game has been in a state where it could have met the original release date, but a second delay was placed for the game. The reasoning behind this was listed by Sony to be because CORVID-20. But then suddenly, the game is given a release date right around the time the spoilers leak online, despite the timing being in alignment with reports from the government issuing that the virus will persist past summer. Leading back to my first line. 

I forgot to add that there are many people who were not given a refund.

Edited by EcoShifter

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

We have labor boards in place to handle those kind of disputes. Cali has an entire website for it: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm
Leaking confidential information to "get even" isn't a smart move and created more collateral damage than anything else. 

I mean thats true but surely there has to of been something to have led to the person(s) to have leaked it. 

Then again some people are just ****s. 

9 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

this thread is equal parts Naughty Dog apologists and leaker worshipers. Stop bending this statement to fit either narrative, just wait for more info, jesus...

Fair enough.  In the meantime, do we give NaughtyDog money for what has seemingly been confirmed as the plot details for preorders or buying early?  Because, giving them money is actually considered a ‘win’ for NaughtyDog, regardless of whether or not the leaks are real or if we agree on the narrative decisions...?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keay said:

There is no way. They are just gonna release the game, probably is gonna get good/maybe mixed reviews. Then there is gonna be some outcry from the usual same suspects whenever it doesn't fit their political worldview. And 2 weeks later nobody is gonna talk about this topic anymore. The next time we gonna hear from ND is gonna be, when they announce the next Uncharted. Nathan Drakes daughter is probably gonna be the new protagonist. Repeat the cycle...

I'm already sold with a next Uncharted but it can't be with Nathan's daughter. With have Tomb Raider for that

Jeah! Because you can run the game in debug mode and have access to a good chunk of the game without being a contractor or an internal employee of the company! 

It's not like it's any better if the person in question was truly not affiliated because then that means some guy was able to access your intellectual property without you knowing until it's too late. gg either way. 

So the leaker is not an employee/affiliate of NaughtyDog or SONY.  So the investigation is just in how this all has unraveled.  And more than likely, the leaker revealed these details because they were looking for a reaction from the community.  And...they certainly got one...?

Let’s see how NaughtyDog/SONY responds to their fanbase on this matter, and if they will learn from this.  Of course, their financial statement for this game will be the ultimate ‘I get it now!’ moment for them.  ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

It's either a lie (to maximize profits/improve the game to ensure it met quality standards) or they don't actually care about people's lives/damage control.

The game has been in a state where it could have met the original release date, but a (second or third; lost track) delay was placed for the game. The reasoning behind this was listed by Sony to be because of the global (life threatening) virus going around. But then suddenly, the game is given a release date right as the spoilers leak online—and when the government has already issued that the virus will persist past summer. Leading back to my first line. 

I don't how multiple delays help maximize profits. In this case it didn't even extend preorders while giving money back to digital buyers.  

Care about people? They cancelled public gatherings/conventions inline with what has been recommended by WHO and medicial professionals. They have people working from home. They pay their workers in accordance to State and Federal law. 

They aren't being "mean" to you. 

The game, a long with others, had trouble meeting release goals for distribution in part being contributed to covid shutdowns.  That a lie? They wanted to sell the game with a simultaneous digital and physical campaign with full force of their marketing. Things happened. That a lie? You were in no way harmed by them trying to figure out how to best release their product.  

Calling it sudden doesn't mean shit becuase you are not part of Sony's decision making process. When they decide on a plan of action of course it would look sudden to you. You didn't deal with any part of their meetings or processto reach this point. They want to get games out as soon as they feasibly can. An indefinate delay was not tellng you any time frame. It could have taken them a month , year, or decade depending on what the situation demanded. It so happened that a few weeks and governments reopening busienesses is what it took.  Sony didn't decieve you. 

• Like 1