Sony has found the TLOU2 leaker, saying they were not affiliated with either Sony or Naughty Dog

Azaan60

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Well one of the rumors is that it was a beta tester and their friend/family member that did it.

Ah, yes, "It was my brother." Now where have I heard that one before...

42 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I don't how multiple delays help maximize profits. In this case it didn't even extend preorders while giving money back to digital buyers.  

Care about people? They cancelled public gatherings/conventions inline with what has been recommended by WHO and medicial professionals. They have people working from home. They pay their workers in accordance to State and Federal law. 

The game, a long with others, had trouble meeting release goals for distribution in part being contributed to covid shutdowns. They wanted to sell the game with a simultaneous digital and physical campaign with full force of their marketing. Things happened. 

Calling it sudden doesn't mean shit becuase you are not part of Sony's decision making process. When they decide on a plan of action of course it would look sudden to you. You didn't deal with any part of their meetings or processto reach this point. They want to get games out as soon as they feasibly can. An indefinate delay was not tellng you any time frame. It could have taken them a month , year, or decade depending on what the situation demanded. It so happened that a few weeks and governments reopening busienesses is what it took.  Sony didn't decieve you. 

Didn't say multiple. I referenced the only relevant delay, the second one. Everyone wasn't refunded.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that the video game—the topic—was still given a(n) (early summer) release date despite the ongoing pandemic. The game's new release date implies the studio wasn't struggling as hard under the circumstances and never needed the delay indefinitely status in the first place. Furthermore, their decision clearly discourages social distancing. Then there's the Ghost of Tsushima situation on top of all this.

FFVII, Animal Crossing, among other games had little to no problems. Btw, the California argument won't work here due to SIE's recent actions. Once again, reports from the government have made it clear that people should still maintain social distancing, that people should not be naive enough to expect summer to give them an opportunity to live life the way they did pre-CORVID, and the virus can very well persist all throughout summer. TLOUP2 releases in early summer.

No. It's "sudden" explicitly because it happened around the time the spoilers were leaked. Do you know what the word "indefinitely" means? From a product to go from a state of an indefinite delay suddenly—when the plot details were shared—to an active release date the same month, is questionable and sudden. Where the hell is Iron Mar VR's release date? That game was delayed at the same exact time TLOUP2 was, which was also delayed because of the virus. Yet TLOUP2 is the only one of the two that escapes its delay state (around the time the spoilers were leaked). 

Edited by EcoShifter

1 hour ago, Tropikal said:

People are crazy. You play video games this long. Heavy Rain was enough for me. You hear warnings about spoilers and you take action. You turn your messages off, you limit social media... It's called black out. Why do I not have the game spoiled for me, and you do ? You slipped up most likely.  People straight up acting like the leaker injected the spoilers into every gamers brain.

I did that as soon as I heard about it, but then someone posted them on an unrelated Reddit thread. Even on here someone thought it was a good idea to post the spoilers on their status lol. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, POEman553 said:

I read some of the leaks and I'm still skeptical about any of them being true. I'm getting the game day 1 anyway. I've waited this long for it.

If the leaks are true, the last game started with the main character losing his daughter. I wouldn't be too beholden to anything with this game series.

Lol. There are like 10 threads with 1000 answers here on the forum, and you're still skeptical ?

Just as someone else said man, the leaks are real. There is a video with 90 mins full of gameplay and cutscenes. Just look on reddit and you'll find it easily. Or I could PM you a link if you'd like too. I would highly recommend to watch this stuff because this time one should really reflect on buying this game. Having said that, the intro, which you can also see in that video, quite was awesome. Super start in the game! But what comes after that... holy mother of christ you have been raped...  Without any single doubt this is by far the worst SJW agenda pushed through a video game ever. And gameplay wise there is nothing new. Naughty Dog were never know for revolutionizing there games anyway. It's just great graphics with a absolutely super mega horrible story. Think twice before buying this crap. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed tagged name, per request
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

Didn't say multiple. I referenced the only relevant delay, the second one. Everyone wasn't refunded.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that the video game—the topic—was still given a(n) (early summer) release date despite the ongoing pandemic. The game's new release date implies the studio wasn't struggling as hard under the circumstances and never needed the delay indefinitely status in the first place. Furthermore, their decision clearly discourages social distancing. Then there's the Ghost of Tsushima situation on top of all this.

FFVII, Animal Crossing, among other games had little to no problems. Btw, the California argument won't work here due to SIE's recent actions. Once again, reports from the government have made it clear that people should still maintain social distancing, that people should not be naive enough to expect summer to give them an opportunity to live life the way they did pre-CORVID, and the virus can very well persist all throughout summer. TLOUP2 releases in early summer.

No. It's "sudden" explicitly because it happened around the time the spoilers were leaked. Do you know what the word "indefinitely" means? From a product to go from a state of an indefinite delay suddenly—when the plot details were shared—to an active release date the same month, is questionable and sudden. Where the hell is Iron Mar VR's release date? That game was delayed at the same exact time TLOUP2 was, which was also delayed because of the virus. Yet TLOUP2 is the only one of the two that escapes its delay state (around the time the spoilers were leaked). 

FFVIIR had problems.  Hell, SE was stating the discs could late, early, etc and it was out of their control. They printed and shipped their game a month before TLOU2 was even able go gold. This entire shutdown thing was timing based. Not every product was affected equally. If you really paid attention instead of looking for the laziest and simpliest explanations.  

What is Ironman VR's particular issues? Ask Sony. Nothing I've found went further than the last delay.  Again, it isn't going to be X happened to Y game so X is going to happen to every game. Real life is messy. 

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks it might be someone who was "fired or quit the company," because it would make you no longer affiliated anymore well, it's not that either.

https://kotaku.com/last-of-us-ii-leaker-didn-t-work-at-naughty-dog-sony-s-1843201207

" Update - 3:13 p.m. ET: A spokesperson for Sony clarified in an email to Kotaku that the leakers were not former employees or contractors of either Sony or Naughty Dog. "

In the rush to initiate work at home initiatives, a lot of people are not following or implementing security standards. With everyone working online, the risk increases of a leak.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Tropikal said:

People are crazy. You play video games this long. Heavy Rain was enough for me. You hear warnings about spoilers and you take action. You turn your messages off, you limit social media... It's called black out. Why do I not have the game spoiled for me, and you do ? You slipped up most likely.  People straight up acting like the leaker injected the spoilers into every gamers brain.

Gross over sensitivity. People need to have their voice heard to the entire world.

Social media will be detrimental in the long run. Trump spends most of his time throwing out childish insults on Twitter, you got morons throwing out the most inconsequential bullshit, then spouting it out as fact over opinion.

Pretty soon we'll be living in a dystopian world were nothing is okay ever and you're being questioned for the most minor of actions.

5 hours ago, talespagni said:

Needless to say, but you're officially one of my favourite clowns now.

Amongst the dumb clowns, you're number 1.

You just just put him on Ignore. Always an option.

6 hours ago, Keay said:

There is no way. They are just gonna release the game, probably is gonna get good/maybe mixed reviews. Then there is gonna be some outcry from the usual same suspects whenever it doesn't fit their political worldview. And 2 weeks later nobody is gonna talk about this topic anymore. The next time we gonna hear from ND is gonna be, when they announce the next Uncharted. Nathan Drakes daughter is probably gonna be the new protagonist. Repeat the cycle...

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog stated they were done with the Uncharted series. But who knows...

Meh. Nathan's daughter wouldn't ever replace Nathan Drake. She's your typical Generation Z bubblehead who will probably be dressed in scantily clad clothing, making Lara Croft from Tomb Raider look all formal and classy in comparison.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog stated they were done with the Uncharted series. But who knows...

Yes, they specifically said that other developers can take the reins in making more Uncharted games, if they want. Uncharted 4 was meant to be the last game, while Lost Legacy was meant to be DLC. 

While I am glad to have seen the leaks of the game, at the same time the leaker must be brought to court because he or she truly did commit a crime (and seeing how big and how people are reacting negatively to the leaks, a HUGE one at that in Sony and ND's eyes I"m sure) and must be brought to trial and sentenced to whatever punishment the judge sees fit. Given how people have reacted to the leaked information, I could see massive prison time for this person.

Edited by PatinumNumemon

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Gross over sensitivity. People need to have their voice heard to the entire world.

Social media will be detrimental in the long run. Trump spends most of his time throwing out childish insults on Twitter, you got morons throwing out the most inconsequential bullshit, then spouting it out as fact over opinion.

Pretty soon we'll be living in a dystopian world were nothing is okay ever and you're being questioned for the most minor of actions.

You just just put him on Ignore. Always an option.

Meh. Nathan's daughter wouldn't ever replace Nathan Drake. She's your typical Generation Z bubblehead who will probably be dressed in scantily clad clothing, making Lara Croft from Tomb Raider look all formal and classy in comparison.

Like Johnny Cage’s daughter in Mortal Kombat 11, where that teeny-bopper Gen Z ‘whatever’ girl is the commander of all Special Forces in the game.  Yeah.  They would never make Nathan Drake’s daughter the next lead for an Uncharted game...?

?

28 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

While I am glad to have seen the leaks of the game, at the same time the leaker must be brought to court because he or she truly did commit a crime (and seeing how big and how people are reacting negatively to the leaks, a HUGE one at that in Sony and ND's eyes I"m sure) and must be brought to trial and sentenced to whatever punishment the judge sees fit. Given how people have reacted to the leaked information, I could see massive prison time for this person.

But what if they weren’t under any NDA of any kind?  They apparently were not an affiliate/employee of SONY...what if they were just a kid/young adult walking into their ND developer parent’s home office, found the plot, and leaked it online because they figured it sucked?  You don’t believe there should still be legal action in that situation, right?  If I, just a regular gamer, somehow gained access to the plot of Ghosts of Tsushima from friends, and expressed those plot points online...you believe I should get prison time?  ?

Edited by Starcade_Legend

4 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Like Johnny Cage’s daughter in Mortal Kombat 11, where that teeny-bopper Gen Z ‘whatever’ girl is the commander of all Special Forces in the game.  Yeah.  They would never make Nathan Drake’s daughter the next lead for an Uncharted game...1f605.png

1f633.png

They're already stooping to that level?

Not buying that crap. Thankfully I'm not too well invested in Mortal Kombat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Yes, they specifically said that other developers can take the reins in making more Uncharted games, if they want. Uncharted 4 was meant to be the last game, while Lost Legacy was meant to be DLC. 

Actually, they specifically stated "Nathan's story" was done, which irritates me as they've clearly done enough with and for the (repetitive) series, while there's always room for additional stories/installments with their "rich" support characters. Lost Legacy was originally intended to be DLC but became too ambitious and ended up becoming a standalone game.

Edited by EcoShifter

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

They're already stooping to that level?

Not buying that crap. Thankfully I'm not too well invested in Mortal Kombat.

Yep.  I am a nostalgic fan to the arcade and PS2 versions, but once I ‘sniffed’ some of the creative decisions (that seemed to be inspired by like-minded individuals as our Mr. Drukkman, apparently) on MKX for PS4, I took a ‘wait-and-see’ approach to MK11.  Definitely not the direction I found attractive at all.  ?

27 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

But what if they weren’t under any NDA of any kind?  They apparently were not an affiliate/employee of SONY...what if they were just a kid/young adult walking into their ND developer parent’s home office, found the plot, and leaked it online because they figured it sucked?  You don’t believe there should still be legal action in that situation, right?  If I, just a regular gamer, somehow gained access to the plot of Ghosts of Tsushima from friends, and expressed those plot points online...you believe I should get prison time?  1f914.png

Only the person who released the information initially would face any charges. Us normal people who have ran across the information and are expressing it to other people on a forum like this can not have any action taken against us.That's just too many people to throw lawsuits at. As for what if it is a kid, well that does not stop the law from being enforced. No one is above or below the law in America. The releasing of private information (in this case, information about the story details of The Last of Us Part 2) that was protected under a nondisclosure agreement is obviously a breach of contract which gives the contract creator a legal standing to take legal action against the violators. Even if the person who released the confidential information was not under the NDA, they can still be charged with trespassing, copyright infringement, and theft. All three of those said crimes can have mild to severe punishment in court. I am pretty sure that anyone that would leak that kind of information would have already have a prior understanding of copyright, stealing, or breaking and entering. As terrible as The Last of Us Part 2's story details are, the person who released the confidential information must be held accountable in a court of law.

18 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Only the person who released the information initially would face any charges. Us normal people who have ran across the information and are expressing it to other people on a forum like this can not have any action taken against us.That's just too many people to throw lawsuits at. As for what if it is a kid, well that does not stop the law from being enforced. No one is above or below the law in America. The releasing of private information (in this case, information about the story details of The Last of Us Part 2) that was protected under a nondisclosure agreement is obviously a breach of contract which gives the contract creator a legal standing to take legal action against the violators. Even if the person who released the confidential information was not under the NDA, they can still be charged with trespassing, copyright infringement, and theft. All three of those said crimes can have mild to severe punishment in court. I am pretty sure that anyone that would leak that kind of information would have already have a prior understanding of copyright, stealing, or breaking and entering. As terrible as The Last of Us Part 2's story details are, the person who released the confidential information must be held accountable in a court of law.

I don’t agree, but...we’ll just agree to disagree.  ?

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Actually, they specifically stated "Nathan's story" was done, which irritates me as they've (clearly) done enough with and for the series, while there's always room for additional stories/installments with their "rich" support characters. Lost Legacy was originally intended to be DLC but became too ambitious and ended up becoming a standalone game.

I still want to see Sam and Sully's adventure, though I wouldn't mind having some adventures with Nate's daughter -- though it might feel too much like Tomb Raider at that point (though Lost Legacy worked out, so who knows).

• Like 1