shadowTECnology

Quite the fun game =D

18 posts in this topic

I finally bought this game after they patched in the inverted controls; and after playing it for awhile.  It is quite the enjoyable, peaceful and graphically not that bad game.  It can be somewhat stressful early just due to the need to have sustainable water but so far this game is definitely worth $20.  I highly encourage anyone who has had a remote interest in the game to check it out.  You might be surprised.  I think if I ever platinum this, I might check out The Forest next finally, lol.

Edited by shadowTECnology
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got interested in this game while playing The Forest. I will get Stranded Deep but not for that price.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s definitely a lot of similarities between THE FOREST and SD, mainly in the survival mechanics and both being Indy. But Should be noted that THE FOREST is also mostly a horror game. And IMO a pretty terrifying one, especially during the first couple (failed) runs.

 

It’s also got the added pressure of increasing difficulty over the more time spent. So it’s prob good idea for anyone interested to keep that in mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had my first game crash today. Happened after building my raft and trying to sail back to my original island. I’ve also noticed a random drift of the crosshair to the left at times. Sometimes slow and sometimes quite fast.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it true that the game has some bugged trophies that will make the Platinum journey a major headache? The game looks interesting. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boar like to go all abstract when you get near them after they die.  They then ricochet off everything on the island, eventually bouncing across the ocean and finally into the abyss.  This will prevent or make it extremely difficult to get the Two of Each trophy.

 

Also, depending on the island seed you play on, some items required for trophies won't spawn.  Found this one out the hard way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good game. I don't think it's near as bad as some reviews make it out to be. Slightly buggy, maybe... but really fun once you get into it and have a good idea what you're doing. My only issue right now is I can't get the "Two of Each" trophy to pop no matter what I do. I've sailed into 4-5 different storms now with 2 boars, night snakes and crabs but the trophy hasn't popped yet. The only thing left to try is probably to bring bats or Seagulls with me. Some people said it worked for them after they did that.     

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Regal_Skeever said:

It's a good game. I don't think it's near as bad as some reviews make it out to be. Slightly buggy, maybe... but really fun once you get into it and have a good idea what you're doing. My only issue right now is I can't get the "Two of Each" trophy to pop no matter what I do. I've sailed into 4-5 different storms now with 2 boars, night snakes and crabs but the trophy hasn't popped yet. The only thing left to try is probably to bring bats or Seagulls with me. Some people said it worked for them after they did that.     

Requirements are 2X Hogs, boars, crabs (small or large), snakes. Doesn't need to be a storm, just sail around it will randomly pop. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 5:58 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Requirements are 2X Hogs, boars, crabs (small or large), snakes. Doesn't need to be a storm, just sail around it will randomly pop. 

Wait, so you sail around with live animals, or dead animal carcasses that you drag onto your raft? I read you have to have hogs, board, night snakes, and giant crabs on the raft/boat, then crabs, bats, and birds in your inventory. I’m assuming they’re all dead bc every animal I’ve encountered so far was trying to kill me. 
 

#IAmNotNoah #IslandCrittersAreTasty

Edited by poetic_justice_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Wait, so you sail around with live animals, or dead animal carcasses that you drag onto your raft? I read you have to have hogs, board, night snakes, and giant crabs on the raft/boat, then crabs, bats, and birds in your inventory. I’m assuming they’re all dead bc every animal I’ve encountered so far was trying to kill me. 
 

#IAmNotNoah #IslandCrittersAreTasty

 

You don't need the bats or the birds, and they also need to be dead. It worked for me after I added the hogs. All the places I looked said you needed just the boars, crabs and snakes but they added the hogs into the game with an update and changed the trophy requirement. 

Edited by Regal_Skeever
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo... I bought this game in the recent sale and this is such a difficult game. I died like 5 times already in 3 days. The coconuts aren’t nutritious enough and they make you sick after drinking or eating more than 2. When going to another island, I get attacked every time from below and the sailing is slow. The trophy list makes this game tougher. I play on a 43 inch tv and the text (objectives, workshop etc.) is very hard to read, I don’t have issues with my eyes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Sooooo... I bought this game in the recent sale and this is such a difficult game. I died like 5 times already in 3 days. The coconuts aren’t nutritious enough and they make you sick after drinking or eating more than 2. When going to another island, I get attacked every time from below and the sailing is slow. The trophy list makes this game tougher. I play on a 43 inch tv and the text (objectives, workshop etc.) is very hard to read, I don’t have issues with my eyes.

 

 

It gets a lot easier once you stick with it for a while and get an idea of what you're doing. It was difficult in the beginning for me too and I never thought I'd be able to earn the platinum in it. I played for a few hours and got a few of the trophies and kept dying. Then I restarted with a better idea of what I was doing and I think I died maybe once or twice in the entire 60+ days it took me to finish it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Regal_Skeever said:

 

 

It gets a lot easier once you stick with it for a while and get an idea of what you're doing. It was difficult in the beginning for me too and I never thought I'd be able to earn the platinum in it. I played for a few hours and got a few of the trophies and kept dying. Then I restarted with a better idea of what I was doing and I think I died maybe once or twice in the entire 60+ days it took me to finish it. 

I thought I was doing pretty well until I got bit by a snake and the island I was on didn’t have the right plant for a cure, whenever I went sailing I would die from poisoning so I was forced to start over. I feel like this game would be a lot more fun if it could be played with friends, a lot more tolerable as well. I’m going to try again soon, I’m focused on other games rn. 😋

Edited by LoveInHell
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Sooooo... I bought this game in the recent sale and this is such a difficult game. I died like 5 times already in 3 days. The coconuts aren’t nutritious enough and they make you sick after drinking or eating more than 2. When going to another island, I get attacked every time from below and the sailing is slow. The trophy list makes this game tougher. I play on a 43 inch tv and the text (objectives, workshop etc.) is very hard to read, I don’t have issues with my eyes.

Its a very easy game, don't drink coconuts make a water still and put Palm Fronds or Fibrous Leaves under for water. Also you can turn off animals attacking you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GUDGER666 said:

Its a very easy game, don't drink coconuts make a water still and put Palm Fronds or Fibrous Leaves under for water. Also you can turn off animals attacking you. 

Oh messing with the settings doesn’t disable trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Oh messing with the settings doesn’t disable trophies?

No. Only trophy that needs it on is Two of each. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 5:03 AM, GUDGER666 said:

No. Only trophy that needs it on is Two of each. 

I had animals set to passive when Two of Each finally unlocked for me. I had two animal carcasses each of Wild Boar, Hog, Night Snake (3), and Giant Crab on the raft. I had no animals (no crabs, seagulls, or bats) in my inventory.
 

It is worth noting that the animal carcasses add significant weight to your raft, pushing it deep underwater. Even though I had a 4X5 raft, the raft went so deep underwater with all carcasses aboard my character was gasping for air while navigating through swells on the open sea. It is poor game design and a silly trophy IMO. You can load your raft with 30 packed Wood Crates in 3-tier shelves and it floats like a champ. Thousands of kilos in rocks, tree trunks, gear, planks, etc. is no problem as long as it is in Wood Crates. However, as soon as you load two Hogs, even a large raft will begin to sink and navigate poorly. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.