Ratalaika has published 72 games and many have received positive reviews from critics

usapro2017

7 minutes ago, usapro2017 said:

Are people being narrow minded and automatically condemning all these games as garbage just because of the publisher involved?

I'm tempted to maybe give a couple a try for myself as most are on sale.

Yes, some people are being narrow minded.  Some people think that any 1-2 hour platinum is rubbish, regardless of who published it.

A number of their games are on sale just now, at least in Europe.  Bite the bullet and nab one or two of them, and see for yourself.  The only RL game that I personally have played is Midnight Deluxe, which I didn't mind at all.

• Like 3

Well for me playing fun games come before trophies (I play my Switch often) but I do enjoy trophy hunting in games I like as well.

It's a shame that elitists on this site will instantly condemn you for being a trophy whore for playing any of these games that get positive critical reviews for being FUN games.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Yes, some people are being narrow minded.  Some people think that any 1-2 hour platinum is rubbish, regardless of who published it.

A number of their games are on sale just now, at least in Europe.  Bite the bullet and nab one or two of them, and see for yourself.  The only RL game that I personally have played is Midnight Deluxe, which I didn't mind at all.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give Midnight Deluxe a download

2 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

Back in 1995 and Metagal are fun and I enjoyed them, Heck I beat the latter even after the trophies cause I enjoyed it

Back In 1995 is that game that plays like the old Resident Evil/Silent Hill games isn’t it? Think I saw Jim Sterling play it ages ago. Might have to play it and enjoy some awful voice acting and take me back to the past ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SpaghettiGrabsy said:

The quality of the games and the quality of the trophy lists are entirely separate affairs.

It's almost like they're just porting games made by other developers.

• Like 4

Some of those reviews are complete nonsense, none of their games would be a higher than a legit 5/10 for what it is and about 4/10 at best case scenario when weighted against actual standards. Some of those reviewers are smoking crack.

That said I still buy and play them from time to time but I know what I'm getting lol. Some have been 30 mins of fun, daggerhood being pretty decent, but stuff like peasant knight is complete junk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maormaor13 said:

The problem is the trophy lists not the games.

most of their games are fun but they manipulated the trophy list so it’s become 10 minutes plat.

I have seen many people describe all their games as pure trash strictly on their gameplay.

2 minutes ago, DieHardDavidN said:

I’m surprised nobody has said Ratalaika has paid for all the positive reviews 1f61c.png

They don't need reviews, they could make a game where you all you do is throw poo at a wall and it'd sell as long as the platinum is quick.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4

Just now, Sergen said:

They don't need reviews, they could make a game where you throw poo at a wall and it'd sell as long as the platinum is quick.

Haha I’m just kidding.. whenever any game gets a high score nowadays, people on Gamefaqs and Reddit accuse reviewers of being paid ?

4 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Some of those reviews are complete nonsense, none of their games would be a higher than a legit 5/10 for what it is and about 4/10 at best case scenario when weighted against actual standards. Some of those reviewers are smoking crack.

That said I still buy and play them from time to time but I know what I'm getting lol. Some have been 30 mins of fun, daggerhood being pretty decent, but stuff like peasant knight is complete junk.

Ehh everyone has their own opinions ?‍♂️ The world would be boring if every reviewer gave the exact same review score as every other reviewer.

3 minutes ago, DieHardDavidN said:

Haha I’m just kidding.. whenever any game gets a high score nowadays, people on Gamefaqs and Reddit accuse reviewers of being paid 1f644.png

Ehh everyone has their own opinions ?‍♂️ The world would be boring if every reviewer gave the exact same review score as every other reviewer.

I guess maybe the reviewers like their easy plats, Ratalaika gives game codes for free to content creators who can promote the games and I think a lot of people would enjoy their free plats so maybe that's something they prefer over being bribed in cash.

9 minutes ago, Sergen said:

They don't need reviews, they could make a game where you all you do is throw poo at a wall and it'd sell as long as the platinum is quick.

That's genius. Lets call it My name is Poo. Click X 10k times for a platinum. :awesome:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I guess maybe the reviewers like their easy plats, Ratalaika gives game codes for free to content creators who can promote the games and I think a lot of people would enjoy their free plats so maybe that's something they prefer over being bribed in cash.

If that was the case surely critics would give good scores to all the Rata games. Some of them like Bird Game + I think got trashed everywhere ?

1 minute ago, Deluziion90 said:

That's genius. Lets call it My name is Poo. Click X 10k times for a platinum. :awesome:

Get on it now! ?

• Like 1

Just now, DieHardDavidN said:

If that was the case surely critics would give good scores to all the Rata games. Some of them like Bird Game + I think got trashed everywhere 1f602.png

Might depend which version they got given the code for, some of their games also get ported to the switch, I won't bother looking at their statistics but I'm sure the switch sales don't even amount to more than 5% of their revenue for the games they release.

A number of their published games are actually pretty good games, trophies or no.

MetaGal is a decent Mega Man clone.

While the main pull is probably the five minute platinum, don't forget that these games are still games. If the game is good, the game is good and a review should reflect that.

• Like 4

Some of them were actually enjoyable for me. My Big Sister is probably one of the better ones I played. You actually have to finish the whole game and get all the secret endings too. Reminded me of the old days of games like Mad Father or The Witches House with the little pixel graphic style. 

• Like 3