Ratalaika has published 72 games and many have received positive reviews from critics

usapro2017

On 02/05/2020 at 10:16 PM, Maaden_Swe said:

Only, no, I want the Vita versions for the bus and train.

Do you have any that you’d recommend? ? Before the world ended I’d take my vita to work to play some in my lunch hour  so it would be nice to have some more shorter games to choose from for when I eventually go back ? 

7 hours ago, hittheroadbucky said:

Do you have any that you’d recommend? 1f914.png Before the world ended I’d take my vita to work to play some in my lunch hour  so it would be nice to have some more shorter games to choose from for when I eventually go back 1f914.png 

Yea "Ganbare Super Strikers" but thats only if you like sport and turnbased games :)

"Gravity Duck" was fun but thats actually really short.

"Hoggy 2" remind alot of Gravity Duck but is a bit longer.

"Legend of the Skyfish" got alot of levels , really liked the vita version of that. 

"Deep Space Rush" was fun.

"Mekorama" is one of my favourite Ratalaika games but the Vita version was a bit laggy in some of the levels. 

Many of these are on sale now.

I am in favour of these game’s trophy lists. The provide a quality break from more intense gaming experiences. I’ve gone from playing Badland to an easy game and it’s healthy for the psyche. If people invest the money into these games, they deserve the reward. I play both difficult and easy games. If an account only played these games I could see them attracting anger from this community but I take the position, and I know others do too, that a plat is a plat. It doesn’t remove the integrity from the plat count either - there are many other tricks on this website to increase trophy scores many take advantage of. We don’t need to pick and choose some kind morality that works for our accounts. To each their own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Yea "Ganbare Super Strikers" but thats only if you like sport and turnbased games :)

"Gravity Duck" was fun but thats actually really short.

"Hoggy 2" remind alot of Gravity Duck but is a bit longer.

"Legend of the Skyfish" got alot of levels , really liked the vita version of that. 

"Deep Space Rush" was fun.

"Mekorama" is one of my favourite Ratalaika games but the Vita version was a bit laggy in some of the levels. 

Many of these are on sale now.

Ooh thank you! I’ll check those out ?

I don't mind a good game to have easy trophies. What bothers me is the plethora of trash games that just serve as a trophy booster.

I would love to see 10 games like TWD that is excellent, with an easy plat, rather than 100 trash games that you can finish in 30mn, unlock 20 gold and one plat, and of course, with 3-4 different trophy lists.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hakoom said:

the real question is
will gamers buy these games if they had no trophies?

not just from ratalaika i speak of every company

will you buy those indie games?

the answer is yes and no BUT.. how many will ?

compare the sales to a game with no trophies against a game with trophies ( small indie games )

you will have people in threads always say "i will skip this game because it has no plat" " too expensive and no plat"

companies are exploiting gamers now and tempt them to buy there games once they make it easy and cheap.. even novels have lost value now 

price+time = jackpot

its a marketing strategy..

Are you a business major 

7 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I don't mind a good game to have easy trophies. What bothers me is the plethora of trash games that just serve as a trophy booster.

I would love to see 10 games like TWD that is excellent, with an easy plat, rather than 100 trash games that you can finish in 30mn, unlock 20 gold and one plat, and of course, with 3-4 different trophy lists.

TellTale Games generally take around 6 - 10 hours to finish. They're easy, but not to the point where they're very quick and considered 'trophy whore' games.

I have to agree with you on this fully.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, Hakoom said:

companies are exploiting gamers now and tempt them to buy there games once they make it easy and cheap.. even novels have lost value now 

I only just started playing visual novels and really love it + the trophies. How so you think they lost their value?

On 5/3/2020 at 2:07 PM, Spaz said:

Tony Hawk and Jak 2 (before the debug menu became known) aren't trophy whore games. Terminator Salvation had a couple difficult sections, but you earned that platinum once you finished the story, and you were required to beat Hard difficulty.

Sound Shapes didn't have six stacks until a year later. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time also has an autopop platinum once you transferred that save file to the other version.

The number of easy games on the PS3 is a mere fraction of the number of easy games you can get on the PS4. You didn't have so many games coming with a bunch of stacks. Sound Shapes was the exception on the PS3, but if you only had the PS3 and nothing else, you couldn't stack the other versions. There was nothing on the PS3 that had region stacks.

Ah, your problem is with the multiple stacks, fair enough. 

I mean look, if you wanna waste money (and time, since most would buy prepaid PSN codes for other countries and that takes time too) on buying the same game again and again via the store in a different country, I mean, your stupidity deserves some reward I guess. 

I forgot to mention in my thing. I'll defend these fuckers to the death. They are 5 of the last 6 Vita releases here, they are the only company that is steadily pumping new games out for PS Vita and I gotta give credit where it's due. I doubt if the devs were handling the porting themselves, they'd bother to release Vita versions as well. So far of the half dozen of their games I've played, I've surprisingly enjoyed every one of them, I'm much more impressed than I thought I'd be tbh.

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I mean look, if you wanna waste money (and time, since most would buy prepaid PSN codes for other countries and that takes time too) on buying the same game again and again via the store in a different country, I mean, your stupidity deserves some reward I guess.

I did that already with Sound Shapes. The autopop no longer works due to the transfer save option being taken away, because the online was shut down.

The only real advantage is finding stuff in the other region stores that aren't covered in your region.

3 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I forgot to mention in my thing. I'll defend these fuckers to the death. They are 5 of the last 6 Vita releases here, they are the only company that is steadily pumping new games out for PS Vita and I gotta give credit where it's due. I doubt if the devs were handling the porting themselves, they'd bother to release Vita versions as well. So far of the half dozen of their games I've played, I've surprisingly enjoyed every one of them, I'm much more impressed than I thought I'd be tbh.

I've stupidly mixed these guys with the developers in the past, because up until a year ago I thought they were one and the same.

Still, I think most games should of just had a corresponding PS4/Vita stack, and nothing else. I've done a small number of games on my profile that give you that crossbuy option for free, which is awesome. Having six stacks is just overkill, plus like you said, you have to buy it again to get all of them.

I never got on Ratalaika for porting their stuff over to the Vita. That system is pretty much dead, it's a breath of fresh air to see anybody give any shits towards the Vita at this point.

I don't know about you, but I'm not all too excited for the PlayStation 5. I actually hope Sony gets knocked off a peg or two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I did that already with Sound Shapes. The autopop no longer works due to the transfer save option being taken away, because the online was shut down.

The only real advantage is finding stuff in the other region stores that aren't covered in your region.

I've stupidly mixed these guys with the developers in the past, because up until a year ago I thought they were one and the same.

Still, I think most games should of just had a corresponding PS4/Vita stack, and nothing else. I've done a small number of games on my profile that give you that crossbuy option for free, which is awesome. Having six stacks is just overkill, plus like you said, you have to buy it again to get all of them.

I never got on Ratalaika for porting their stuff over to the Vita. That system is pretty much dead, it's a breath of fresh air to see anybody give any shits towards the Vita at this point.

I don't know about you, but I'm not all too excited for the PlayStation 5. I actually hope Sony gets knocked off a peg or two.

Oh really? Well I'm glad I got in when I did, since I had all the DLC and whatnot too.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I didn't even know they were "just" the publisher until relatively recently. Never paid much attention to them tbh. 

But yeah, I'm with that, I don't think you really need anything more than one list for a game honestly, like I can forgive remasters/rereleases I guess but yeah, per purchase at least, I think one list is pretty fair. 

I love it, I've bought a bunch of them from the latest sale. I got a cool lil beat 'em up, I got a couple Space Invaders clones, some other fun stuff, some lil puzzle games, I'm actually low key stoked to be playing my Vita again. 

I'm not man. I'm more keen on my Switch and the next Xbox for Game Pass and whatnot. PS5 got nothing so far for me. I think they could stand to take a hit again too, PS3 was a lot better for it. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Echoing what a lot of people have already said, separate the game and their developers with the publisher, Ratalaika and how they handle their trophy list.

All of these games originally started on the PC side from a multitude of indie devs. Ratalaika just brings them over to console. But yeah, situation is overblown and people can get very narrow minded mainly form the fact that this sites and others like it are focused of trophies and achievements themselves. Which in this context makes it a complete joke in terms of list but sadly that's is also why any game that is under their banner is automatically dismissed or presented as "trash".

TLDR; Games themselves vary from decently average to good but publisher is a bit lazy with trophy list which puts the games in negative light.

On 1/17/2021 at 0:02 AM, Alufeii said:

TLDR; Games themselves vary from decently average to good but publisher is a bit lazy with trophy list which puts the games in negative light.

I think it's more the regional/platform stacks and being cross buy is the bigger complaint. Haven't seen as many complaints about easy plats that have a single list for all platforms and regions.

All I can say is, these developers certainly aren't stupid, they know how enthusiastic the trophy community is when it comes to platinums, so I won't be surprised if they deliberately made it obtainable with little to no effort just to drive sales on a much higher scale. 

There was a thread the other day about Ratalaika not just gaining access to a PS5 dev kit, but also a supposed statement about cross-platform purchases between the PS4 & 5 versions for any games they publish. Guess it was either deleted or merged into another thread.

I don't really have a problem or comment on the trophy situation. I will say I like a dev that includes other system versions of their game as part of the base purchase.