Thoughts on Platinum?

TheWintendoHii

For those that have played through this game and/or got the Platinum trophy, is there any noteworthy information that can be shared for those trying to go for the Platinum?

How many playthroughs will the Platinum take? Any missable trophies to look out for? Time required for the Platinum? Or any other tips/advice that will reduce the time/playthroughs required to Platinum?

• Like 2

Yet to get the plat and I would say I'm 2/3-3/4 through my first playthrough. The bromides (collectables) will show up on the map in NG+. For combat trophies there is a battle simulator I imagine you can farm what is needed (requirements are not too demanding IMO). For the ending trophies I think you need to max relationship and then select a girl to see them through to the special ending. I don't know what chapter that is yet but I imagine you'll be ok if you save. I'm not using a relationship guide but battles raise trust and the sensible answer usually gets the positive outcome. I think if you're doing NG+ to hoover up any bromides you'll be fine for the relationship trophies.

I think I've seen some guides on the net but can't find them to link now.

Seems that the big missable will be bromides, especially because some of them appear on trust events. I have already finished chapter 4 and my guess is that the perfect approach will be 2 playthroughs. Can't say anything about time yet, but the guide is underway for people who are still doubtful. I'll try to finish it as soon as I can.

S rank on battle bot simulator doesn't seem pretty hard, up until now I only got S ranks without making much effort. The rank system is pretty lenient. And yes, you can farm every combat trophy in the battle bot simulator, so nothing in that regard is missable.

Game is pretty fun, even though they transformed a great tactic RPG combat sections into a pretty average musou like combat stages..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goikko said:

Seems that the big missable will be bromides, especially because some of them appear on trust events. I have already finished chapter 4 and my guess is that the perfect approach will be 2 playthroughs. Can't say anything about time yet, but the guide is underway for people who are still doubtful. I'll try to finish it as soon as I can.

S rank on battle bot simulator doesn't seem pretty hard, up until now I only got S ranks without making much effort. The rank system is pretty lenient. And yes, you can farm every combat trophy in the battle bot simulator, so nothing in that regard is missable.

Game is pretty fun, even though they transformed a great tactic RPG combat sections into a pretty average musou like combat stages..

Thanks for the info and looking forward to the guide! I've seen a few posts online where people mentioned they needed to make certain choices for characters as a prerequisite to get their team attacks and there are very limited chances to use them. Is it safe to assume that info is false and there's nothing to worry about for the team attacks as you've mentioned, all combat trophies can be farmed in the bot simulator?

Edited by TheWintendoHii

12 hours ago, TheWintendoHii said:

Thanks for the info and looking forward to the guide! I've seen a few posts online where people mentioned they needed to make certain choices for characters as a prerequisite to get their team attacks and there are very limited chances to use them. Is it safe to assume that info is false and there's nothing to worry about for the team attacks as you've mentioned, all combat trophies can be farmed in the bot simulator?

I'm still checking how the team attacks activate, if it's based on the symbol over the character on the Team Status screen or based on total trust level, but I think it's the second one.

I have unlocked other combat trophies like the Special attacks in the Battle bot simulator so I don't see why other won't unlock there :)

On 5/2/2020 at 0:12 PM, StilRh said:

Yet to get the plat and I would say I'm 2/3-3/4 through my first playthrough. The bromides (collectables) will show up on the map in NG+. For combat trophies there is a battle simulator I imagine you can farm what is needed (requirements are not too demanding IMO). For the ending trophies I think you need to max relationship and then select a girl to see them through to the special ending. I don't know what chapter that is yet but I imagine you'll be ok if you save. I'm not using a relationship guide but battles raise trust and the sensible answer usually gets the positive outcome. I think if you're doing NG+ to hoover up any bromides you'll be fine for the relationship trophies.

I think I've seen some guides on the net but can't find them to link now.

Are you 100% certain the bromides shows in NG+? Cause if thats the case you may just have saved me a crazy headache. Some of the bromide guides out there are extremely vague. Spend almost an hour trying to finding the bromide in the music room by the Cello, but never found it so continued instead. Have seen other ones similar to that, which just doesn't show for me. So if they show in NG+ that would make this a lot easier and less annoying. 

13 minutes ago, birbbirb5 said:

Are you 100% certain the bromides shows in NG+? Cause if thats the case you may just have saved me a crazy headache. Some of the bromide guides out there are extremely vague. Spend almost an hour trying to finding the bromide in the music room by the Cello, but never found it so continued instead. Have seen other ones similar to that, which just doesn't show for me. So if they show in NG+ that would make this a lot easier and less annoying. 

Yeah, the same Bromide symbol that appears over Komachi's head is used to indicate where they are on the map in NG+.

21 hours ago, TheWintendoHii said:

Actually I think the Team attacks unlock through history progression. I have all trophies except for Anastasia (I still can't do it), and now I'm in the chapter dedicated to her. I investigated a bit and read that you need to put Claris in the 1st slot for the Chapter 3 fight, but I didn't do that and I have her Team Attack.

And yes, confirmed that you can farm the Team Attacks in battle bot simulator. Start, do it, restart level, do it again... you can get each trophy in around one minute.

On 03/05/2020 at 3:01 PM, Goikko said:

Actually I think the Team attacks unlock through history progression. I have all trophies except for Anastasia (I still can't do it), and now I'm in the chapter dedicated to her. I investigated a bit and read that you need to put Claris in the 1st slot for the Chapter 3 fight, but I didn't do that and I have her Team Attack.

And yes, confirmed that you can farm the Team Attacks in battle bot simulator. Start, do it, restart level, do it again... you can get each trophy in around one minute.

Thanks for the confirmation. When were you able to perform Claris' team attack? I'm on chapter 3, received the tutorial for team attacks and access to the battle bot but the icon for team attacks was not available when I had Claris as my partner

For Koi-Koi Wars does anyone know if difficulty actually matters? I assume you would have to beat them on Showdown difficulty but it seems like Practice difficulty lets you have the stamp and earn some money anyway. And speaking of money do you actually get to spend it on anything? I'm only on Chapter 3 but I haven't come across anything to actually buy except for the Bromides but I don't think those actually take money.

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

For Koi-Koi Wars does anyone know if difficulty actually matters? I assume you would have to beat them on Showdown difficulty but it seems like Practice difficulty lets you have the stamp and earn some money anyway. And speaking of money do you actually get to spend it on anything? I'm only on Chapter 3 but I haven't come across anything to actually buy except for the Bromides but I don't think those actually take money.

It doesn't.  Practice is all you need for the Platinum.  The Mon in Koi-Koi is spent on unlocking certain opponents(These chars will appear as you progress the story) as well as some optional music(that isn't needed for the platinum).  There is no actual money outside of Koi-Koi.

Edited by capnstubing
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, capnstubing said:

It doesn't.  Practice is all you need for the Platinum.  The Mon in Koi-Koi is spent on unlocking certain opponents(These chars will appear as you progress the story) as well as some optional music(that isn't needed for the platinum).  There is no actual money outside of Koi-Koi.

Oh okay. I was doing Showdown just in case but thanks for letting me know :) And ah okay, I was wondering why I couldn't actually buy anything and just thought I hadn't unlocked a store yet.

9 hours ago, TheWintendoHii said:

Thanks for the confirmation. When were you able to perform Claris' team attack? I'm on chapter 3, received the tutorial for team attacks and access to the battle bot but the icon for team attacks was not available when I had Claris as my partner

I'd say that in Chapter 3 only Sakura is available. Claris should be available in Chapter 4.

On 05/05/2020 at 0:46 AM, Redgrave said:

Oh okay. I was doing Showdown just in case but thanks for letting me know :) And ah okay, I was wondering why I couldn't actually buy anything and just thought I hadn't unlocked a store yet.

Should have known... I was sure practice was just that, a practice mode. Spent hours beating everyone on Showdown mode... I did it, but it took a while.

4 hours ago, Ao_Iconoclast said:

Should have known... I was sure practice was just that, a practice mode. Spent hours beating everyone on Showdown mode... I did it, but it took a while.

Yeah that's what I assumed too :P I think it would have been more appropriate to call it "Beginner" or something. But I guess the only real difference between the two is Showdown has more points involved while Practice only has 12. I would assume you get more points out of it on Showdown though. I have no idea if it actually affects the difficulty too, since Koi-Koi seems to just be whether or not you get good cards and I get the same feeling that I do with Yakuza where sometimes it will give me good cards and other times the opponent gets something like the Moon Viewing hand pretty quickly.

Edited by Redgrave

My thoughts on the plat now that I am close to finishing it, 1 full playthrough (this include making the right dialog choices for primary and secondary dialogs and full S rank on all battle bot sims), and go into a new game plus to buy a bromide because you can't buy them all in one playthrough.

Follow a guide for primary and secondary dialogs. Make a manual save before you chose your vice-captain in chapter 7 ( this is the point where you choose the character for that character ending) just reload that save for the different endings. For some reason I didn't get 15 calls on my 1st playthrough, maybe I was to fast? I don't know what triggers a call in the first place, maybe just stay idle and wait for them?

For koi koi, you can only do the practice ones, you don't have to do the showdown/ the more difficult ones. If I have to give a tip for koi koi, would be that every set have 4 cars (like 4 flowers, 4 sakura trees, 4 etc) with that in mind, you could take advantage of that to make the AI pass. Important plays would be moon viewing, sakura viewing, three lights, poetry ribbons and blue ribbons. If you cant make a play for those, concentrate on making any ribbons or junk.  https://www.neoseeker.com/sakura-wars/Koi-Koi_Wars

• Like 1

I agree, you need only really 1 playthrough and some; follow a bromide location, event and choices guide, then make a save at chp7, intermission 2 to replay from their unlocking all heroines endings. Then for Koi Koi, pray to RNG.
For the dependable guy call trophy, any call, pressing triangle, like urgent, raids, or koi-koi, all count towards it; I believe I only got like 5 raid calls, but the trophy unlocked when Sumire called me, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyFelo said:

Follow a guide for primary and secondary dialogs. Make a manual save before you chose your vice-captain in chapter 7 ( this is the point where you choose the character for that character ending) just reload that save for the different endings. For some reason I didn't get 15 calls on my 1st playthrough, maybe I was to fast? I don't know what triggers a call in the first place, maybe just stay idle and wait for them?

I'm about to do the dates and I was wondering if they were tied to the character endings but I'm glad to see that the ending for each character is based off a decision from Chapter 7 since I got concerned I would have had to do multiple playthroughs and make sure they have a specific loyalty level ?

As for the calls I got the feeling they are kind of scripted as long as you're doing the side stuff anyway. I'm not sure how many I've done myself now but I'm going to guess it's less than 10.

Edit:

1 minute ago, Xaiyeon_Ikigai said:

I agree, you need only really 1 playthrough and some; follow a bromide location, event and choices guide, then make a save at chp7, intermission 2 to replay from their unlocking all heroines endings. Then for Koi Koi, pray to RNG.
For the dependable guy call trophy, any call, pressing triangle, like urgent, raids, or koi-koi, all count towards it; I believe I only got like 5 raid calls, but the trophy unlocked when Sumire called me, etc.

Oh so the other calls do count? Maybe I'm closer to it than I thought. I thought Raid calls only counted.

Edited by Redgrave

I'm pretty sure that for dependable guy only timed messages count. I didn't get mine until the first timed message in my second playthrough. Must have missed one in the 1st. Because between time and mandatory messages there are way more than 15.

Also, you can buy all bromides in one playthrough. Just buy them every free movement time and you'll get all 9 of them. If you miss one, you'll have to start a second playthrough.

4 hours ago, TheWintendoHii said:

Anyone know when/how to unlock your team members for Koi-Koi? I'm near the end of chapter 7 but so far only unlocked Sakura and Azami. I've unlocked Xiaolong, Yui, Arthur, Lancelot, Elise and Margrethe but still missing 3 party members.

At least the party members should already be unlocked through a Teletron message. If not, upon finishing the story every "Advance through the story" opponent will unlock.