Thoughts on Platinum?

TheWintendoHii

7 hours ago, Goikko said:

At least the party members should already be unlocked through a Teletron message. If not, upon finishing the story every "Advance through the story" opponent will unlock.

Hmm. That is strange, I didn't rush through any thing, in fact, I purposely went around to different areas without any events to talk to NPCs and such too. So it's kinda odd I never got the call to unlock them. I wonder if the calls aspect is buggy or if there are specific unknown conditions to get the calls to unlock the characters/other timed messages in general for the Dependable Guy trophy since there are quite a few varying reports from people online with those timed calls.

27 minutes ago, Txustrilla said:

So if I, for example, missed bromides during my gameplay, it is useless to fight in the simulator in order to get S-rank and would be better to do so in the new playthrough?

The bromides carry over in NG+, so it's up to you whether you want to go for S rank with your current playthrough or the next one

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheWintendoHii said:

The bromides carry over in NG+, so it's up to you whether you want to go for S rank with your current playthrough or the next one

Oh thats nice then, I thought I had to collect all of them again. I only have 10 missions left, so I will do in my current then.

Well on track to get platinum next week as I'm probably gonna do two endings per night or one because this game is the definition of great game, rubbish and grindy platinum. 

I've not had this much "urgh' since CRYSTAR or Azur Lane Crosswave. (also good games, rubbish platinums.)

• Like 1

The Dependable Guy trophy is giving me problem. It says to answer 15 messages in a timely manner, which means Urgent messages doesn't count since there's no timer. And I've gone an entire playthrough not getting this one. Is that normal? I'm very sure I never missed any teletron messages.

@Goikkowhich message got you the trophy? I'm just wondering if Sakura's Koi-Koi message count for this.

Edited by chibuki

20 minutes ago, chibuki said:

The Dependable Guy trophy is giving me problem. It says to answer 15 messages in a timely manner, which means Urgent messages doesn't count since there's no timer. And I've gone an entire playthrough not getting this one. Is that normal? I'm very sure I never missed any teletron messages.

@Goikkowhich message got you the trophy? I'm just wondering if Sakura's Koi-Koi message count for this.

I got it in my second playthrough with the first timed Koi-Koi message, not Sakura one (that's mandatory). And i saw many people saying the same. The read counter carries to NG+ so you will need to advance a little more. Make sure you explore during free time so raids and Koi-Koi messages arrive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goikko said:

I got it in my second playthrough with the first timed Koi-Koi message, not Sakura one (that's mandatory). And i saw many people saying the same. The read counter carries to NG+ so you will need to advance a little more. Make sure you explore during free time so raids and Koi-Koi messages arrive.

I see, so that counts too. Thanks. I pressed on and kept going until Chapter 4 in NG+ when Hatsuho was calling  me to her room. Perhaps I didn't explore enough or to the specific places during Free Movement that trigger those optional messages.

Just to add, I think the Koi Koi messages probably gets triggered by going to different rooms/areas within the theater. Try going to rooms without events during the movement phases to see if you can trigger them. I always visited each area outside of the theater during each movement phase (when able) and triggered a raid each chapter after it was introduced but never got Koi Koi messages for 3 of the 5 members and Reiji, only thing I did not do was visit every room in the theater. Luckily, I was able to unlock the Dependable Guy trophy in one playthrough on the final chapter when I got the Koi Koi message for Sumire when exploring the area near the girls' rooms

Edited by TheWintendoHii

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 16/05/2020 at 0:20 PM, LordBilbanes said:

I am hoping to unlock the platinum in one playthrough.  I find getting S Ranks in battles really annoying.  The fighting itself is easy, but I always seem to fall short of the S

Got mine in one playthrough.  Since you have already got the platinum I'll be talking in general here... The technique on S-Ranking the missions in the Battle Bot Simulator is to take more kills as well as use the Special Attack on groups of enemies while building up the SA gauge immediately so we can use it again on another group of enemies in the next area.  Mix this Special Attack up with the Team Attack (using Seijuro Kamiyama since he is the easiest to control) can give treble or extra points on top of the double we get for SAs.

During the Tournament battles the Team Attack if available should be used first to get ahead of the points while building up the Special Attack gauge and purposely lose on the second round to get more points in the third. Forget the S-Ranking of the time, we'll still get an S-Rank even if we get a C-Rank by the time we finish the mission:

C+S+S+S+S = S-Rank.

As for the Final Boss Battle - again make sure to always use the Special Attack on groups. Find out which group during your run will have more enemies and strategise in colecting the gems - don't waste them when you are still full although it's best to collect the dark magic columns (not sure what they're really called but it's those alien looking eggs on a post/column that gives out gems and HP) to raise up Morale.  I pretty much reach Level 10 Morale by the time I face it off with the Final Boss - just avoid getting hit though getting hit a couple of times will not greatly affect the standing. The next important part is to FARM the minions by not immediately killing off the Final Boss - leave him standing for a few more waves of enemies to add more points to your run.  Sometimes I end up with 300,000 damage points during this last battle from doing this method. The time will obviously end up being only C-Rank but just as I have shown above:

C+S+S+S+S = S-Rank.

Mastering Dodge also helps a lot as you can end up just spamming attacks without giving the Level Bosses a chance to land an attack. Deliberately get into harms way and press :l1: to freeze time and attack like there's no tomorrow.  Of course saving your SAs and TAs for these end-level battles will be best to get max points as well.

Taking over heavy hitting deputies is also a must - Anastasia, Azami and Hatsuho can easily wipe out a lot of the enemies denying you the much needed points when controlling Kamiyama. It's sometimes best to swap with the heavy hitters and use their Special Attacks when in big-groups of enemies.

I used to bitch about how hard getting S-Ranks are and almost calling out BS on how others say how easy it is - until doing the methods I've shared above ended up agreeing with anyone saying that the Battle Bot S-Rankings are not hard at all... they're really easy.

I just noticed that my Sakura Wars Platinum has become rarer.  Is that my imagination?  I could've sworn it was over 20% rarity...

Probably casual players who easily gave up either because they missed a bromide and/or haven't fully grasps the ins and outs on how to easily get an S-Rank during battles.  Quit out of frustration perhaps.  It's a very enjoyable and fun game and they're missing a lot if indeed this is the case.  To each their own I guess.

Edited by Eispan

• 5 weeks later...

Game was good, but platinum was tedious because of the Battle Bot trophies and the Dependable Guy trophy. Getting S ranks is easy enough, the secret is just to use special attacks as often as you can. You do want to save them for bigger mobs and big enemy types, but you shouldn’t hoard them for very long since they recharge pretty fast. It’s just boring playing every single level five times considering the combat is shallow and repetitive. 

‘Dependable Guy’ didn’t unlock for me during my first playthrough despite running around talking to everyone and otherwise getting 100% completion. No clue whether triggering calls is random, requires staying in certain areas for an x amount of time, or visiting certain spots you have no reason to visit (like an empty backstage area with no one to talk to/no bromides to collect). I had to do a NG+ playthrough up to chapter 3, which didn’t take that long since I skipped/sped through everything, but was still a slog to finish.

• 1 month later...
On 11/05/2020 at 3:35 AM, Txustrilla said:

So if I, for example, missed bromides during my gameplay, it is useless to fight in the simulator in order to get S-rank and would be better to do so in the new playthrough?

Nah, go for it anyway since bromides carry over.

Edited by Eraezr

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Eidolia said:

Sorry for off-topic but where did you get your avi on PSN? What do I look under?

(Assuming you don't mean my PSNP avi which is Raven from Gravity Rush)

It came from a small avatar set from this https://psprices.com/region-au/game/1318624/persona-5-ann-takamaki-special-theme  For the game, Persona 5.

Though strangely, it no longer seems to be listed on the PS store when I search it up there.

Edited by Eraezr