Leaderboard ban?

1 minute ago, stargate1995 said:

The rule sounds more like it would relate to earning trophies out of order, e.g. earning a trophy for beating chapter 3 in a game without beating chapter 1-2 first. Anyway the key point here is that he's not using an external save, this is all ingame saves and you don't even have to use save backups. This is no different then fulfilling the requirements for a few trophies and then popping them in quick succession in any other game, which is possible in many if you cared enough. Only difference here is that it's possible with every trophy.

I disagree that the rule is talking about just getting them out of order, as it specifically mentions in the middle "This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame"

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

again, I'm pretty sure it must be external...line 2 is a further description of line 1 in the way I read it...so criteria one is no external file to bypass trophies...criteria 2 says, it also cannot be your own...

I don't have an example of all the possible scenarios but things like using a 100% complete file that auto-pops some/many/all trophies comes to mind...doesn't matter if you can prove that it's from a file that you made either..

I guess what I am getting hung up on here is the definition of an "External save".  To me that would be a save you say, downloaded from the internet.  I don't know how you could have your own save be external.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I disagree that the rule is talking about just getting them out of order, as it specifically mentions in the middle "This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame"

It's referring to the very specific scenario of deleting your local profile to clear all your unsynced earned trophies, then using the saves you prepared to earn the trophies in a time you couldn't earn without deleting your profile. That's what "impossible time frame" specifically means.

If it's possible to deliberately not earn trophies without deleting your profile to achieve the same result, that's allowed.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I don't know how you could have your own save be external.

it's really not that difficult but I think what's important here is that it was not the case with the gamer highlighted in this thread...again, this was simply a clever speedrun...

Edited by ProfBambam55

4 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I guess what I am getting hung up on here is the definition of an "External save".  To me that would be a save you say, downloaded from the internet.  I don't know how you could have your own save be external.

There are a lot of disputes in which the person claims that their console broke with trophies that weren't synced and they used their backed up save file to re-earn them all in seconds.

46 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

But it says that it includes using your own save.  So it doesn't need to be an external save.  OP is deliberately setting up save files in order to get the trophies in a timeframe that would otherwise be impossible.  That is exactly what the rule states.

And you think that should be a flag because you utilised an ingame feature? Behave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

But it says that it includes using your own save.  So it doesn't need to be an external save.  OP is deliberately setting up save files in order to get the trophies in a timeframe that would otherwise be impossible.  That is exactly what the rule states.

Actually, no. The rules of external saves is for external saves and cases where you use your own savefile but in way that resembles external saves. This doesn't resemble the use of external saves. The way the rule is written is for people who usually use the excuse (In disputes) that it was his own save that made him unlock a sequence of trophies within seconds of each other, usually followed by the excuse that they didn't synch the trophies when they were earned but they managed to backup the saves when their console 'died'.

If you're not deleting your profile and backing-up your save then restoring both, you're not breaking the rules whatosever. You can prep saves through USB/Cloudsave as long you synch your trophies the first time they are unlocked, even if that involves multiples saves just before the point of unlocking a trophy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order.

Those are two different situations. The forbidden option is: you are completing the game, unlocking trophies, backing up your save, deleting the account without syncing trophies, setting up the account again, loading the save - autopopping trophies / or loading the save done before end of the game and earning trophy for "completion of the game" BEFORE trophy for "starting a game" -> impossible timestamps-> ban.

This specific case for "Doom 64" is not for "unlocking" the trophies, it is saving the game before the part where the trophy will be unlocked, then after fulfilling the criteria, you are loading next save where you are prepared to kill the boss or finish the level whatever, earing trophy and going to the next save.

Same situation: i.e. there is a game where u can choose all levels from the start and you are getting trophy after completing each level and also you can save whenever you want. Completing each level takes 5 minutes, so you will get trophy every 5 mins. But since you can save the game at 99% of the level, quit to main menu and prepare rest of the levels like this, you can later start to reload those saves and get remaining 1% of the level, which will cause that the trophies will be earned every ~5 seconds, depends on the "loading time".

I hope I didn't make it too complicated :D. 

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 9:47 AM, Sir_Bee said:

Would this not fall under using your own save file to pop trophies in an impossible time manner?

No, it's covered by this:

Things that are not flaggable:

Reloading from a previous save slot

Save "slots" are defined as internal save files loaded from within the game. Some games will allow you to create multiple save points, and when saving you can create on a new save slot instead of overwriting your existing save file, thus letting you continue from any point you've saved at. 

If you're unsure whether you'll be flagged or not, ask yourself this question : "Would what I'm doing be possible without ever quitting the game?" If the answer is yes, then it's not flaggable, if the answer is no, then it may or may not be flaggable.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

On 5/2/2020 at 8:55 AM, Sir_Bee said:

This rule has always been vague nonsense, but my understanding of it was that you couldn't use your save from, say, another account to pop trophies.

For example, I could right now take my sengoku Basara save (which requires at least 100 hours of play), and pop every trophy on another account of mine in seconds. But this is cheating, because my save is not indistinguishable from another save that I just got from someone else (in fact, I did get it from someone else, at least virtually, since it's from another account).

Contrast this with my Bloodborne save, which I reloaded twice to get all of the endings in seconds. It's impossible to get three endings so quickly, but it's my save, from my account, so it's always been legitimate.

52 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

snip

It can be confusing, but it's not really vague at all. The video above pretty much covers what "save slot" means.

• External "Save files" (including same system profile swaps) are not allowed.
  • "Save slots" are allowed.
  • "Artificial" save slots by use of the PSN cloud functions / usb sticks are allowed

In your example, one of your scenarios would create a situation where "save slots were created before they possibly could have been" while the other would be just fine.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2020 at 11:55 PM, Sir_Bee said:

I'm sure people have already said this, but the rule you are thinking of is when people do the whole plat, back up their own save file, delete their profile without syncing, and then go through the plat using the already completed savefile to trigger trophies. For example: Killing 10, 25, 50, 75 and 100 all within 5 seconds of each other. Not starting at 0% and then using the games internal save files to save before trophy trigger points.