Team-Attacks

vinostar

Team attacks unlock at different parts of the story for the different characters from what I can tell minus Claris who you either need to put her in your party for the mission in Ch. 3 or choosing her at a certain point in Ch. 7.  After you unlock it, the fastest way to get the trophy is to enter the characters stage 1 in the Battle Bot Simulator, hit the touch pad, and then restart the battle.  Repeat as needed.  You'll know if you have a characters Team Attack unlocked if there is a little symbol next to Kamiyama's portrait in the bottom left corner during battle.  If you don't see that then you haven't unlocked it yet.

Edited by capnstubing
  • Like 2

You can start any battle at the simulator. Use the team attack, restart chapter an do it again. Is Sakura the one that doesn't unlock at 5? I have to do 7 or 8 with her, but all the other girls unlocked the trophy after doing that 5 times.

Probably because you selected Sakura in the 2nd slot of chapter 3 battle.

Azami's team attack unlocks in chapter 4 battle.

Hatsuho and Sakura won't get theirs until chapter 6.

For Anastasia you have to wait to chapter 7.

For Claris, the only one missable (i finally found this was true) you need to either select her as 2nd slot in chapter 3, or select her as Deputy Captain in Chapter 7.

Either way, any character you select as 2nd slot in chapter 3 will immediately unlock the team attack.

These trophies seem kind of wonky since I know for a fact I did one with Anastasia more than five times and it didn't unlock until I don't know how many retries and I'm pretty sure Sakura's also unlocked after doing more than five too but she didn't take as long as Anastasia did. So either the trophies are weird or the descriptions are misleading.

Edited by Redgrave

From my experience, the trophy didn't unlock for Claire after using it 5 times while the others did. The difference for Claire was that I chose to restart from checkpoint instead of restart from the beginning. Maybe that's why there's a discrepancy with getting the team attack trophies to unlock?

On 5/10/2020 at 11:02 PM, TheWintendoHii said:

From my experience, the trophy didn't unlock for Claire after using it 5 times while the others did. The difference for Claire was that I chose to restart from checkpoint instead of restart from the beginning. Maybe that's why there's a discrepancy with getting the team attack trophies to unlock?

I've also been restarting from checkpoint and as of typing this I have done more than 10 team-attacks with her so I don't know what the deal is. Hatsuho and Azami were the only ones that I know took only five while the rest took more than that for some reason.

Edit: For reference I'm using her on the final chapter after picking her for Vice Captain. I don't think I picked her for the second slot during the arena but I don't see why that should matter at this point. However after no success after so many retries I may just try and do it in Chapter 3 since I need to get the collectibles there anyway. It's stupid that you can't just do it with her in the Battlebot while picking her as a partner.

Edit 2 for anyone else coming across this thread: I got the Platinum and I can confirm that selecting "Restart from Beginning" is the option to choose. I have no idea why restarting from the checkpoint doesn't work but I managed to do it during Chapter 7 with Claris by choosing to restart from the beginning after activating the Team Attack with her and then moving forward with the first checkpoint.

Edited by Redgrave

You have to use the Team Attack in a story mission before you can use it in the Battle Sim.

In order to use it in a Story Mission you have to have a certain amount of affection going into a mission that they accompany you.  I assume it's possible to get Claris' in Chapter 3 if you are you select all the best responses, but if not you have to wait until a later mission.  Personally I had to wait until the last mission after selecting Claris as your second.  If you have 2 people in your team, I think hitting the team attack with the Captain will initiate it with the higher affection level.  I think you can switch to the character you want to unlock the team attack with and hit the Team Attack button to get past this, but I haven't tried it.

Worst case, you should be able to unlock her team attack in NG+ Chapter 2 or 3 since the affection carries over.

• Like 1