Be aware of game breaking glitches. Back up your save regulary.

HAILtoSTARSCREAM

In the "Floating Drill" contract my big haul trailer fell over so I tried to restart the contract.

The game then showed this message: "Unable to restart. Please check respawn areas to make sure nothing is blocking them and then attempt a restart again"

There is nothing blocking the respawn area. So the contract just stayed in this failed state, trying to restart, it cannot be activated/tracked.

What I ended up doing is I lifted the trailer back up (took me 2 trucks with cranes and a lot of playing around with physics to get it done) and pulled it to the drop off point. That completed the contract.

A lot of people are reporting similar issues with other contracts and there are reports where the trailer despawned after a failed contract restart, and then your playthrough is basically over. At some point you cannot progress further because later contracts require you to complete the prior ones.

PC version got a hotfix that broke new things for some people and there is no ETA for a console patch.

Edited by HAILtoSTARSCREAM
  • Like 3

Unfortunately the game has many glitches atm. The drill-parts on the first map didn't spawn on the map and for some reason I can't restart the quest... I have the strong feeling that most glitches happen in coop. I have played coop 90% of the time but solo I had no problems at all.