Eagles_Numba_One

Thoughts on Platinum difficulty

6 posts in this topic

I've just earned the platinum on Sonic Forces. This is the only sonic game on my list and i wanted to share some thoughts I had while earning this platinum.

1. The main game is only about 3 hours long. The first time through is enjoyable, but to earn the plat it will take another 20 plus hours of doing the levels over.

2. Earning the collectible rings on all the levels is OK, but some levels are such a pain in the ass to play over and over again. 

3. To do the speed runs on some levels, super sonic dlc is an absolute must (for me anyways) and you have to acquire some real skill to do it under the time limit. 

4. The SOS missions are just annoying and you have to do 30 of them for a challenge. 

5. The grind for rings is annoying because you will probably only have around 40-50 thousand after you've done everything else, so you will end up playing the same level over and over to grind at the very end for the last trophy

Overall, I would say this platinum isn't really worth the time unless you really do like sonic games and dont mind replaying the levels over and over to collect everything and do all the challenges. That is just my opinion though, some people could've really enjoyed earning this plat, but for me I probably wouldn't do it again. 

I somewhat agree. Grinding for the 100k rings is a boring thing to do... But hey, we wanted a challenge, they gave us a challenge. Sometimes it is good to do less fun things, so you can enjoy the rest more. (just trying to see it on the bright side ;-))

Its easier then generations but a lot more grindy imo.

If this wasn’t free with ps plus I wouldn’t have played it. I only need collectibles and speed runs but the speed runs are what’s putting me off even trying for the plat. 

I will get round to platting it but got much more, better games to do.

I’ve done the first speed run with sonic and felt I just needed practice. Story wasn’t difficult but super boring.

Ring collecting was just tedious, unnecessary imo.

6/10

5/10 for me. The challenges aren’t that bad. They just require practice. Without the time trial challenges this could’ve easily been a 3 or 4.

The game would be much less tedious without the classic sonic stages. I despise everything about them. I already hated them in generations and here they are 100 times worse. Especially the goddamn time trials in them. I would advice everyone who isn't sure of playing the game to just skip it. Saves major headache.