Quad /Multi Hit Attack Gems

So, it seems the quad attack gem I got doesn’t work. I only found one post about it, which seems to imply that all such gems are glitched and useless.

Hoping they just missed something, and as I’ve just started the game I’m missing it to.

Can anyone confirm if these work or are broken?

I think they may indeed be broken - I haven’t noticed any changes in the attack patterns when I put them on. That being said, I’d argue they’re kind of useless in the first place, so no big loss.

1 hour ago, visighost said:

I think they may indeed be broken - I haven’t noticed any changes in the attack patterns when I put them on. That being said, I’d argue they’re kind of useless in the first place, so no big loss.

Thanks. Thought I was going absolutely mad. Right at the start where I am it would be useful but, yes, the game isn’t hard I know.

To be clear, the multi-hits split the normal damage between multiple attacks, but they don’t hit stronger in total (4x25 vs 1x100). They were useful in other Kemco games where there were trophies for number of hits, or if you want a higher chance of inflicting status effects, but that’s about it.

1 hour ago, visighost said:

To be clear, the multi-hits split the normal damage between multiple attacks, but they don’t hit stronger in total (4x25 vs 1x100). They were useful in other Kemco games where there were trophies for number of hits, or if you want a higher chance of inflicting status effects, but that’s about it.

Oh, that strange. I guess if you have high attack and want to reduce the chance of 100% miss, or want to inflict a status effect, this would be useful. In this case it should show the 4 desperate hits though, not just the one total number as it does here. Thanks for letting me know.

That's odd, because I thought that the quad gem definitely DID something when I played this on Vita last year. It wasn't really anything great, but I don't recall it being completely glitched.

In any case, you lose nothing by not using the gem. There are much better gems out there.

I just finished this game not too long ago, and yeah, they do nothing. I thought at first it just multiplied the damage, since the attack animations certainly didn't change--but, nah.

Anyways, it's an easy game and there are way better gems to use. 

On 03/05/2020 at 7:42 PM, falconkicks said:

I just finished this game not too long ago, and yeah, they do nothing. I thought at first it just multiplied the damage, since the attack animations certainly didn't change--but, nah.

Anyways, it's an easy game and there are way better gems to use. 

Yeah, it wasn’t really an issue, and I wouldn’t use it now anyway, but combined with other “attack all” and multiple attack phantom skills it would have been nice for clearing mobs early on.