Struck Gold Glitched

MrPhrips

Hey gang,

I just wanted to say that I have seen other people say this trophy is glitched and I experienced it myself.

I've read on other Web sites that people have had to play through the game twice and the trophy popped on the second play through. I've seen people say that you need to make all the different foods and poops gold as well as the characters.

My experience was it didn't pop my first play through. And it popped on my second play through.

My second play through after I unlocked Noby Noby Boy (the final character unlock) I just ran around as the Toilet and flushed everything. The only difference is that the second time I flushed the snowman as soon as he was fully made before helping the house find its buddies. In my first play through the snowman disappeared and I was never able to flush it. The second play through I didn't bother flushing the different types of foods or poops and just flushed every character as they were and the trophy popped.

I know this one can be confusing so I hope this helps people.

• Like 2

Yes. I can confirm that it has glitched on me as well...but in a different way. In my game, nobody disappeared and I was able to flush and turn everyone into gold...except the octopus toy. The octopus should be able to be flushed, eaten, and change hats. My octopus character has glitched so that all it can do is say "hi" to people. It is wearing a golden crown from the "royal crown character" and I cannot remove it. I cannot eat the octopus with a tree. I cannot flush it and turn it gold. I have tried everything to "reset" this glitched character but cannot find a way. I have even reverted to a previous save but it is glitched there as well.

I refuse to play through this game a second time in hopes of it not glitching. This game is tedious. I have little hope they will patch the game as it has been out for over 6 months.

I am very annoyed.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, Quwarbs said:

Yes. I can confirm that it has glitched on me as well...but in a different way. In my game, nobody disappeared and I was able to flush and turn everyone into gold...except the octopus toy. The octopus should be able to be flushed, eaten, and change hats. My octopus character has glitched so that all it can do is say "hi" to people. It is wearing a golden crown from the "royal crown character" and I cannot remove it. I cannot eat the octopus with a tree. I cannot flush it and turn it gold. I have tried everything to "reset" this glitched character but cannot find a way. I have even reverted to a previous save but it is glitched there as well.

I refuse to play through this game a second time in hopes of it not glitching. This game is tedious. I have little hope they will patch the game as it has been out for over 6 months.

I am very annoyed.

If that one character is causing a problem you could play through the beginning and flush it when you meet it for the first time. It's pretty early on when you meet the octopus toy.

@enaysoftYes, I tried that. No luck. I can blow him up but his hat remains glued to his head.

@MrPhrips: I didn't think of that! Do you think that would work? If I restart the game on a separate save and flush the octopus turning him to gold would that count towards my nearly complete "struck gold" progress on a separate save? Is the "struck gold" counting across multiple games/saves? I assumed everyone had to be gold in the same game.

7 hours ago, Quwarbs said:

@enaysoftYes, I tried that. No luck. I can blow him up but his hat remains glued to his head.

@MrPhrips: I didn't think of that! Do you think that would work? If I restart the game on a separate save and flush the octopus turning him to gold would that count towards my nearly complete "struck gold" progress on a separate save? Is the "struck gold" counting across multiple games/saves? I assumed everyone had to be gold in the same game.

It's worth a shot. You get the toilet and octopus toy really early so it would only take 20 minutes of play not counting parts you can't skip through. I'd hate to be stuck at 91 percent (which is why I burned through a second play through just for this trophy). But I don't know anything about how this game checks for trophy completion as far as separate saves go. I would assume you have to have everyone gold at the same time which is why I had to play it all over again and made sure my snowman was gold as soon as I got to him. 

It seems like the game could have a few bugs where possibly any character could glitch out. So if you do another play through it wouldn't hurt to just flush them as soon as they unlock and keep them gold during the whole game.

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2020 at 3:47 PM, Quwarbs said:

I am very annoyed.

Did you ever find a solution? This exact thing has happened to me!! ?

EDIT: Nothing worked, I had to replay the whole game again ?

Edited by smudgedhorizon

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 10:22 AM, smudgedhorizon said:

Did you ever find a solution? This exact thing has happened to me!! 1f62d.png

EDIT: Nothing worked, I had to replay the whole game again 1f629.png

Yeah. I hated myself the whole time I was doing it but I had to replay the game all over again too. I finally got the trophy the second time. 

• 1 year later...

FWIW during my 1st play through, I converted Snowman into a Christmas tree looking light (can’t remember the name) using the tree on the Winter Island and got caught up in the story but checked later and he was gone with the icon transparent and not selectable. 

I loaded up the end of Autumn repeated the above and the same thing happened.

I re-loaded Autumn and this time changed Snowman using a tree from another island. I turned him into a mushroom but this time after the cutscenes he was still there partying like a mushroom.

• 1 year later...

For anyone still thinking about playing this game, this trophy can still glitch because the snowman will sometimes just completely disappear. If you turn him into a fruit ASAP he should stay in your game though. I nearly missed Platinum but had a save not that far back. Make sure you save at least once every time at the start of each chapter and make sure the snowman is still there BEFORE you save.

• 4 months later...

I've just finished my second playthrough and the Snowman is still there at the end of both of them. My problem is with other characters disappearing and not being selectable. Trees are missing and in my original save the House is floating off to the side of the map somewhere. You can only see it when the camera is at a certain angle and it doesn't move no matter how long you hover over it for.

For a charming game this really is some obnoxious shit.