Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChimJiminie

How do I get the police to show up?

5 posts in this topic

Twice over I've been able to get to max notoriety and walk around without triggering police, and this seems relatively abnormal, so is there anything I'm doing wrong? Am I supposed to wait in an area for a certain amount of time? Switch areas until I see the police? Just keep doing crimes until they show up? Any tips would be appreciated.

The police is utterly random and they only trigger when you switch scenes in town, so max your notoriety and just keep walking round and round.

Another tip is that when you get the police after you, in the "race" place yourself all the way up, furthest from the screen, and they cannot hit you when they shoot.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, grifteskymfning said:

The police is utterly random and they only trigger when you switch scenes in town, so max your notoriety and just keep walking round and round.

Another tip is that when you get the police after you, in the "race" place yourself all the way up, furthest from the screen, and they cannot hit you when they shoot.

I saw a guide that says you need to actually get caught and not just run away. Do you remember if that's the case?

I'm also having trouble making the police spawn.

Is this bugged or something? I've spent longer trying to get the cops to spawn than the entire rest of the game. What an awful experience this game has been.

Edit: in case anyone else runs into this, it is indeed bugged.

When you raise your notoriety too high it bugs out and will show 0$ for your bounty and the cost for police protection will be indefinite. If this happens you've been hit with the glitch and have to start a new game from what I can tell. Because of this I strongly suggest getting the vicious trophy before the Pablo one.

Edited by Angus1343

My response to my own thread is late, but yes it is pretty bugged.

I also encountered an issue where my notoriety would instantly be maxed as soon as I arrive on Mars as I restarted the game quite a few times, or it would max after only doing one job (and either it's a gameplay mechanic to not have cops spawn at max notoriety or that's bugged too, but those instances were why I made this thread in the first place). I don't remember exactly how I overcame this but I believe uninstalling the game helped as well as keeping an extra save to go back to in case any jobs maxed me out again because for some reason that still happened. The key is to try and get the police spawn when you're at one of the mid ranks (forgot the names). Maybe keep a save after you get to that rank prior to getting the police as well so you don't have to go through the process again.

As Angus suggested though, just get the Vicious trophy done first to avoid it altogether. Was a headache and added a lot of unnecessary steps lol