Online trophies doable on your own?

AJ_Radio

I skimmed over MLB the Show 19's list and basically concluded that I probably won't be getting that game sadly because there is a substantial amount of online you have to do for the platinum.

MLB the Show 20's list looks much easier, most of the trophies involve collecting player cards. I'm a sucker for baseball history as I love the history of the game, the players and just the game itself, all the way up to the current day.

Are these online trophies completely doable on your own? 16, 17 and 19's list all required to play against other online players. Like in previous games, Diamond Dynasty is in this one, I just don't know how it works in regards to online.

You probably already have The Show 19 as it was free with PS Plus so my recommendation is to play that one first and see if you like it (I bet you will) and see how quickly you learn the game.  It was my first baseball video game experience since way back in the day and I was impressed.  Game is very quick to learn as far as pitching and hitting.  Fielding and base-running take a little getting used to but it is not bad.  There is only one competitive online trophy in The Show 19.

Kids today don’t know how good they got it as far as video games.  What I would not give to have some of these offerings when I was growing up instead of trash like Bases Loaded and Double Dribble.  I know I am dating myself but we are in a golden era of video games, especially depth of games.   You could sink hundreds of hours in so many titles and not get bored.

Edited by djb5f
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

You are speaking of the NES era @djb5f. Go watch some Angry Video Game Nerd to get an idea of how ridiculously broken and unfair a lot of those old games were. 

Back to topic, since I’ve now done MLB 15 (Vita) and MLB the Show 18, MLB the Show 20 looks pretty straightforward. Not sure why they just threw in a bunch of card trophies that require an online connection. Even the crappy Madden NFL games only have a few trophies that are online, particularly MUT (My Ultimate Team). 

So I guess I just need to trade a bunch of cards. 

I refuse to pay the $60 fee the PS Store is asking, so will wait for a price drop.

• Like 2