game crashed -> save file corrupted

kasorugi

Some minutes ago my game crashed during a mission, after restarting the game it says, that the save file is corrupted and it will be deleted. After this message I was on the start screen with level 1 again and only be able to start a new game ... five days of progress are gone.

So I can advise all to make a backup from your save every hours/gamesession, because losing your data is really annoying.

I only got an backup from the first day and I don't really know how it works know with the trophies. Some trophies I earned aren't shown now in the in-game trophy-progress. Have I need to do all conditions again (f.e. Drive 1 km with all wheels broken), because the platnium is triggered by the in-game-trophy-progress (if it says 100%) or is it dependent on the PSN-progress?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kasorugi said:

Some minutes ago my game crashed during a mission, after restarting the game it says, that the save file is corrupted and it will be deleted. After this message I was on the start screen with level 1 again and only be able to start a new game ... five days of progress are gone.

So I can advise all to make a backup from your save every hours/gamesession, because losing your data is really annoying.

I only got an backup from the first day and I don't really know how it works know with the trophies. Some trophies I earned aren't shown now in the in-game trophy-progress. Have I need to do all conditions again (f.e. Drive 1 km with all wheels broken), because the platnium is triggered by the in-game-trophy-progress (if it says 100%) or is it dependent on the PSN-progress?

I had a similar crash but upon re-loading the game it says it is recovering the save file and everything was where I left it. But true, it is recommended to keep a separate save file.

As for the trophies I would think they are tracked from in Game, i.e. if you lost your say 400km out of 1000 km required you would start from 0 again.

Let us know if some pop before the in game tracker reaches 100%, if you did 6 tasks deliveries with no damage and then you pop it now after 4 instead of 10 again that would provide some sort of a silver lining.

10 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

I had a similar crash but upon re-loading the game it says it is recovering the save file and everything was where I left it. But true, it is recommended to keep a separate save file.

As for the trophies I would think they are tracked from in Game, i.e. if you lost your say 400km out of 1000 km required you would start from 0 again.

Let us know if some pop before the in game tracker reaches 100%, if you did 6 tasks deliveries with no damage and then you pop it now after 4 instead of 10 again that would provide some sort of a silver lining.

Re-loading didn't work for me, but luckily I saw, that in the online storage was a more actual save file, so I lost "only" one day of progress.

But in summary today there were four game crashes and two time the save file was corrupted after that, that's really frustrating actually. Til today I had no problems with game crashes, ...

same problem. game crashed and i had to start a new game. lvl 27, 800 km, over 80 percent progress in main and other missions are lost. no possibility to load an older game. you should definitely make a backup. i am so frustrated. 

34 minutes ago, MKM82 said:

same problem. game crashed and i had to start a new game. lvl 27, 800 km, over 80 percent progress in main and other missions are lost. no possibility to load an older game. you should definitely make a backup. i am so frustrated. 

Does loading an old save from the cloud not work (unless you're not a PS+ member of course)?

Edited by Anke

9 hours ago, MKM82 said:

Like Anke said, look - if it is activated for you - in your cloud save, I think that is the best and only hint for this problem so far.

I personally didn't know it uploaded constantly my save files into the cloud, so it is definitely worth a look. And honestly, in this situation I was really happy about this, so I got at least the save file from the day before.

And for the future the best is to make now and then after some missions a backup to USB until this isn't fixed.

12 hours ago, kasorugi said:

Like Anke said, look - if it is activated for you - in your cloud save, I think that is the best and only hint for this problem so far.

I personally didn't know it uploaded constantly my save files into the cloud, so it is definitely worth a look. And honestly, in this situation I was really happy about this, so I got at least the save file from the day before.

And for the future the best is to make now and then after some missions a backup to USB until this isn't fixed.

the auto upload is active but there are no backup copies from snowrunner in my cloud. all other games are there.