Different trophies (online/offline)

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhh I m on PS3 that s why i didn t understand

I can have the 1.00 version when I just downloading the game by pressing circle button when the 1.04 version message appear. Doing this i can t play online, the winter level stop at 195, and i got the offline trophy list with 3 silver trophies which not appear anywhere when you earn them.

Edited by Tedkiller76

44 minutes ago, Tedkiller76 said:

Ohhh I m on PS3 that s why i didn t understand

I can have the 1.00 version when I just downloading the game by pressing circle button when the 1.04 version message appear. Doing this i can t play online, the winter level stop at 195, and i got the offline trophy list with 3 silver trophies which not appear anywhere when you earn them.

This is why you need to downgrade to a version which has the DLC but not the patch that screwed up the trophies.

On 30/05/2020 at 11:00 AM, chucuchus said:

Ok... let's see... Can I "install" in order for any way??

First, 1.00,... then 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 & 1.04?? [in ps3]

You can but there's no point, just go to 1.04 or 1.03 (whichever one it was that added the DLC), verify that the correct list is installed and syncing, then go off and earn the trophies :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 2 years later...
On 5/30/2020 at 5:08 AM, HuntingFever said:

You can but there's no point, just got to 1.04 or 1.03 (whichever one it was that added the DLC), verify that the correct list is installed and syncing, then go off and earn the trophies :).

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm working on this problem now actually. And this approach doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is according to PSN, the only update that exists is 1.05. So when you install the game, it installs 1.00, and when you apply updates it goes straight to 1.05. However, the links to download the previous versions still work, just nothing is pointing to them. Once they are found, it's pretty much the same procedure as applying updates on PS4. I found Version 1.02 and was able to get that installed via Charles. So if I can find a download of 1.04 I bet I can get this to work. Unfortunately, record keeping of these XMLs didn't really exist until 2020, and this patch came out at the end of 2018. Maybe someone will see this and be able to find this version and we can write up a guide for how to solve this problem. I pretty much know how to do it already, I just need the file to test it.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 2:43 AM, jdh0921 said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm working on this problem now actually. And this approach doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is according to PSN, the only update that exists is 1.05. So when you install the game, it installs 1.00, and when you apply updates it goes straight to 1.05. However, the links to download the previous versions still work, just nothing is pointing to them. Once they are found, it's pretty much the same procedure as applying updates on PS4. I found Version 1.02 and was able to get that installed via Charles. So if I can find a download of 1.04 I bet I can get this to work. Unfortunately, record keeping of these XMLs didn't really exist until 2020, and this patch came out at the end of 2018. Maybe someone will see this and be able to find this version and we can write up a guide for how to solve this problem. I pretty much know how to do it already, I just need the file to test it.

Weren't you gonna test the 1.06 update your found?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 10:53 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

Weren't you gonna test the 1.06 update your found?

Sorry for the late reply, been a hectic month for me. But I did try it, and the PS3 wouldn't install it because I had to be in Debug to do so. Which would require CFW, which I'm going to avoid. So I'm still looking for 1.04. But I'm not terribly optimistic I'll find it, even if it's still out there. Which I do believe it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

Sorry for the late reply, been a hectic month for me. But I did try it, and the PS3 wouldn't install it because I had to be in Debug to do so. Which would require CFW, which I'm going to avoid. So I'm still looking for 1.04. But I'm not terribly optimistic I'll find it, even if it's still out there. Which I do believe it is.

I guess because it's on sp-int, so doubt it'd install over the game anyway. Very odd. Barring a 1.04 update, there's really only one way to get the trophies, but would require modifying the game's files which we would like to avoid. So, yeah, this might be a permarip. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:15 AM, HuntingFever said:

This is a known bug with the 1.05 patch but the only way to fix it and get the list to sync, is to use the downgrade trick and go back to either 1.04 or 1.03 then sync it and upgrade back to 1.05.

so let me get this right, the 3 dlc trophies will pop as offline, but you cant sync them as online trophies? unless you somehow have version 1.04 or 1.03. i have the game installed on a few of my consoles ill have to check if i have any old versions. i know at one point i had a eu copy and usa copy and they both had different save files yet shared the same trophy list. 

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

so let me get this right, the 3 dlc trophies will pop as offline, but you cant sync them as online trophies? unless you somehow have version 1.04 or 1.03. i have the game installed on a few of my consoles ill have to check if i have any old versions. i know at one point i had a eu copy and usa copy and they both had different save files yet shared the same trophy list. 

Correct :(.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Correct :(.

shit that sucks, i been hammering away at this game the past month trying to clear the last few trophies up lol. which is tedious adjusting the ps time for powerups to finish some of the most insane levels. if i would of know the last 3 wouldnt sync i wouldnt of bothered. i did get the winter trophy to pop and sync though. thanks for the info ill jsut abandon the game. i actually relaly like the game alot to. there patches have always been a mess for it though

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 12:00 AM, melodicmizery said:

shit that sucks, i been hammering away at this game the past month trying to clear the last few trophies up lol. which is tedious adjusting the ps time for powerups to finish some of the most insane levels. if i would of know the last 3 wouldnt sync i wouldnt of bothered. i did get the winter trophy to pop and sync though. thanks for the info ill jsut abandon the game. i actually relaly like the game alot to. there patches have always been a mess for it though

You might not want to hear this, but you probably would have been able to get the last three trophies without a problem. See for this problem only affects people who are installing the game from the last patch. You had installed it from the previous version, so the trophies were installed correctly. That's why you were able to get the trophy for the Winter Levels. If you had the issue, you would not have popped that trophy.

If you have uninstalled the game, you should be able to reinstall it without a problem assuming you haven't deleted your User Profile on your PS3. If you have deleted your profile, then that bug will show up if you run the game again.

11 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

You might not want to hear this, but you probably would have been able to get the last three trophies without a problem. See for this problem only affects people who are installing the game from the last patch. You had installed it from the previous version, so the trophies were installed correctly. That's why you were able to get the trophy for the Winter Levels. If you had the issue, you would not have popped that trophy.

If you have uninstalled the game, you should be able to reinstall it without a problem assuming you haven't deleted your User Profile on your PS3. If you have deleted your profile, then that bug will show up if you run the game again.

thats interesting. i had stopped playing but ive had the game so long that im not sure when i installed the game. at one point i had a ps3 crash and the game is so old that im not sure. i think after im done with outlast im going to go forward and complete the first dlc and see what happens. if the trophy pops and syncs then thatll prove your theory right if i had it installed from the previous version. its actually a game i enjoy, i did all the trophies on ps4 and saw the other day i put a extreme amount of time into it lol. whenever i get back to it and finish the first dlc ill post a update if the trophy syncs or not. i do know i have to play offline because my game freezes at the startup screen. i can connect online once i get in the game if i want. but ever since one of their updates its been doing that for a few years. not sure if anyone else has that issue. thanks for the tip i may still have a chance. and if not then oh well i was mainly playing just for fun but it would still be nice to 100% it 

On 12/7/2023 at 2:17 PM, jdh0921 said:

bro, i can confirm you are spot on correct. i just popped the other dlc trophy after a few days of trying to get to the 30th level. it does work like you said! so to try to explain this to others, if you had the old game from a long time ago and updated it from that, the trophies are obtainable. basiclaly if you never played the game before and just start now, then its unobtainable. i think?

so it is i dunno how you would label it but obtainable for some and unobtainable for some? in some really weird trophy update code.

and just as proof i recorded the last level of the trophy popping. i recorded level 29 as well but its not important. so if im flagged in the future when i finish the rest of the dlc, this is proof. even on the ps4 version if i look on ps5 on how many hours i spent on that alone its way over 100 hours. so it looks like ill be able to get the other 2 trophies with a bit of time and fully finish it

• Like 2

Congrats m8, glad it worked for ya!

As to what's going on. Basically whenever you run a game, (doesn't matter what system) the game checks your trophy database to see if the trophies are installed for the game. If they aren't, it'll install them. If they already are in the database then it skips this step. You probably noticed that the PS4 and PS3 versions have different trophies for the DLC, with PS4 having 4 Silvers and PS3 having 4 Bronzes. 

When the 1.05 update for this game came out, it changed the code to install the 4 DLC trophies as Silvers similar to the PS4 version. However, this causes a huge problem at Sync time because the trophies no longer match what's on PSN. But since you installed the game before the update came out, you were golden since the trophies were already installed. Now if something happened to cause your PS3 profile to get deleted, something like an HD failure which happened to me, then this problem would have hit you because the trophies would have to be reinstalled. 

I would call it unobtainable because new players can't get the trophy. I don't think you'll get flagged, but that being said it's better to be safe than sorry. You'll probably get a bunch of people asking you how you got the trophy though, lol.

The thing is, I know a way to fix this. You can do something similar to what people do with Final Fantasy XV to get the Comrades trophy. The problem is, you have to have a specific version, and for the life of me I cannot find it. I need to find either 1.04 of the US version or 1.03 of the European version, and I've yet to find it. If I do, I think I can help get it to work for people. But until then, it'll probably stay unobtainable. The worst part is, there exists a 1.06 that actually fixes this problem, but it never made it out of Sony QA so it can't be applied unless you have CFW. 

Hope that explains it, excellent work getting it done and recording it!

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 6:00 AM, melodicmizery said:

Looks like the PS3 version you have been playing on your profile is no longer available to get 100%, I have the PS4 version and the 100% for it is still currently achievable.  PSN are no longer supporting the PS3 this is probably why, so you can only play games on the PS3 that don't require online MP or packs. 

19 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

As to what's going on. Basically whenever you run a game, (doesn't matter what system) the game checks your trophy database to see if the trophies are installed for the game. If they aren't, it'll install them. If they already are in the database then it skips this step. You probably noticed that the PS4 and PS3 versions have different trophies for the DLC, with PS4 having 4 Silvers and PS3 having 4 Bronzes. 

When the 1.05 update for this game came out, it changed the code to install the 4 DLC trophies as Silvers similar to the PS4 version. However, this causes a huge problem at Sync time because the trophies no longer match what's on PSN. But since you installed the game before the update came out, you were golden since the trophies were already installed. Now if something happened to cause your PS3 profile to get deleted, something like an HD failure which happened to me, then this problem would have hit you because the trophies would have to be reinstalled. 

I would call it unobtainable because new players can't get the trophy. I don't think you'll get flagged, but that being said it's better to be safe than sorry. You'll probably get a bunch of people asking you how you got the trophy though, lol.

The thing is, I know a way to fix this. You can do something similar to what people do with Final Fantasy XV to get the Comrades trophy. The problem is, you have to have a specific version, and for the life of me I cannot find it. I need to find either 1.04 of the US version or 1.03 of the European version, and I've yet to find it. If I do, I think I can help get it to work for people. But until then, it'll probably stay unobtainable. The worst part is, there exists a 1.06 that actually fixes this problem, but it never made it out of Sony QA so it can't be applied unless you have CFW. 

yes thats a excellent explanation. and your actually the only person who understands what is going on and has properly explained it.

17 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Looks like the PS3 version you have been playing on your profile is no longer available to get 100%, I have the PS4 version and the 100% for it is still currently achievable.  PSN are no longer supporting the PS3 this is probably why, so you can only play games on the PS3 that don't require online MP or packs. 

no its still obtainable for my profile, read the last few comments above it explains it. basiclaly if you have a super old install of the game, its still possible

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, jdh0921 said:

So how would I tell if I installed it on a super early patch(and sycnhed) and was able to earn those dlc trophies?

I know for  a fact I have it 1.05 now, just wondering if I may have installed it way before that, which I think I did and is there a way to tell without a massive grind, to be disapointed.

Edited by bcks007