I read people’s flagged game disputes for entertainment

PalaceOfLove706

It’s quite a forum. Some will just use that space to confess their sins and try to deflect stigma and shame. Others will blatantly lie (multiple times) and then be chastised by staff or lurking members. Some will put up sound arguments and get the flag(s) removed (of which a few will call out the reporters for their ineptitude). Others will ask for mercy from the court by pleading guilty with an explanation, when the flag is legitimate because a hacker popped it for them. I’m addicted to reading your stories. Thank you! 

I used to read them, but now I completely ignore them.

They're always the same type suspects who couldn't make proper punctuation and spelling to save their own lies. I could of done a better job making posts back when I was 10 years old.

Every once in a while somebody makes a good case, yet the 'witch hunt mentality' as one former PSNProfiles user noted makes it very difficult to get the flag lifted. Chances are the flag is going to stick there.

They can be fun. The people who take it all too seriously are in dire need of psychological treatment. No joke, I get a fucking headache reading some of the posts they make, acting like trophies are the end all be all thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I used to read them, but now I completely ignore them.

They're always the same type suspects who couldn't make proper punctuation and spelling to save their own lies. I could of done a better job making posts back when I was 10 years old.

Every once in a while somebody makes a good case, yet the 'witch hunt mentality' as one former PSNProfiles user noted makes it very difficult to get the flag lifted. Chances are the flag is going to stick there.

They can be fun. The people who take it all too seriously are in dire need of psychological treatment. No joke, I get a fucking headache reading some of the posts they make, acting like trophies are the end all be all thing.

LOL so true man. Yeah I read some critiques of the “mob mentality” on them, one guy had a huge thread discussing how boosting would get him flagged. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with it, we run a clean ship with this account as evident by our completion rate haha. Language barriers clearly exist too - one guy had like a dozen flags and he kept saying “game is buggy” on all of them hahaha

2 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

we run a clean ship with this account as evident by our completion rate haha

Uh oh. Admitting you're on a team account in these parts is going to bring out that same mob mentality you saw in the Dispute threads.

21 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Uh oh. Admitting you're on a team account in these parts is going to bring out that same mob mentality you saw in the Dispute threads.

I don’t think it’s against the rules - it’s family. I play pS3 and my brother plays ps4 and vita. Occasionally we coop together when I visit. I think they have a thing about getting people to unlock trophies for you but they say do it at your own risk (in case they hack). PlayStation allows you to register two ps3s under one account and one for the PS4 - we’ve stuck to that rule. 

2 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I don’t think it’s against the rules - it’s family. I play pS3 and my brother plays ps4 and vita. Occasionally we coop together when I visit. I think they have a thing about getting people to unlock trophies for you but they say do it at your own risk (in case they hack). PlayStation allows you to register two ps3s under one account and one for the PS4 - we’ve stuck to that rule. 

It says you’re allowed to play different consoles at the same time. Both our partners also play with us occasionally and I’m hoping when my children are old enough to play they can join in the fun

Just now, DaivRules said:

Nope, not against the rules at all. Never said it was. Doesn't mean people don't mob up on how strongly they feel about it.

Well people can express their opinions lol, I get that. But my brother and I have strengthened our relationship by teaming up and we enjoy the challenge. I’m not gonna lie about it and at least be honest. People call out other things like changing regions and all that but if it’s allowed by the rules, so be it. I’d be interested in people debating this, I see there was one thread about account sharing here a few years ago. 

24 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I see there was one thread about account sharing here a few years ago. 

No offence intended but you have 125 platinums, so who really cares.
Also, its not like you try to hide it/deflect that you do it, account sharing is no big deal unless you're doing it to try to go for rankings at the 'top' of the leaderboard and constantly try to deny it, even though its very clear you do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpacebarPIays said:

No offence intended but you have 125 platinums, so who really cares.
Also, its not like you try to hide it/deflect that you do it, account sharing is no big deal unless you're doing it to try to go for rankings at the 'top' of the leaderboard and constantly try to deny it, even though its very clear you do.

Haha thanks yeah exactly we’re not doing the impossible on this account it’s very organic progress. No offence taken

Yup, i lurk that forum regularly as well. Some disputes are really funny to read.

On the other hand, learnt a few things about possible hacked trophies so that I would not fall for them by any chance. Sadly I probably don't have any chance to plat GTA V....

46 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

Yup, i lurk that forum regularly as well. Some disputes are really funny to read.

On the other hand, learnt a few things about possible hacked trophies so that I would not fall for them by any chance. Sadly I probably don't have any chance to plat GTA V....

Agreed, I'm very weary of online play now....

Considering the Flagged Game Dispute forum is by far the busiest one on the site, I think it totally makes sense. I love that like 95% of the disputes go the exact same way.

?: my game got flagged, wtf this site sucks, i'm not a cheater

?: Not a problem! Just hide the game and you'll be back on the leaderboards!

?: no

?: Well, since you made us look into your profile in depth, we found a bunch of other games that should have been flagged also, so now you're off the leaderboards permanently.

Every single time! Why would you cheat on lots of games, and then complain about getting caught on a single one?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Considering the Flagged Game Dispute forum is by far the busiest one on the site, I think it totally makes sense. I love that like 95% of the disputes go the exact same way.

1f620.png: my game got flagged, wtf this site sucks, i'm not a cheater

1f607.png: Not a problem! Just hide the game and you'll be back on the leaderboards!

1f620.png: no

1f607.png: Well, since you made us look into your profile in depth, we found a bunch of other games that should have been flagged also, so now you're off the leaderboards permanently.

Every single time! Why would you cheat on lots of games, and then complain about getting caught on a single one?

Haha soooo true. I just want to heckle during them but I assume it’s not allowed. I love the ones that admit it for like 2 games “yeah you got me”, then try to get out of another one. Like credibility hasn’t gone out the window. Also I don’t understand why people who are supposedly victim to hacks so often don’t just hide the game before it’s flagged...makes no sense. A few trophies isn’t worth an entire profile ban.

I love the premium members who can’t resist helping with the policing and put in their two cents.

I find it fascinating how so many of the users who open disputes, seem to have the same general personality type (at least it comes across that way with the writing style). Having been falsely flagged and removed from trueachievements, I am sort of sympathetic to the very rare few who actually represent themselves fairly well.

It's interesting how the impulsive, antisocial gamer stereotype sort of comes out, once people are on the defensive though. 

• Like 1