Banditnapper

i tried the france map as paris but found no bandit camp at all there. do you have to play the map for a while? in my other game i played the europe map and discovered basically everything, found only like 2 camps there. idk. hardest trophy in the game.

No Problems here, when bandits attacked my Convois I searched the Area and found always a camp. For the rest I zoomed in and searched the map. They always appeared far away from towns and always in the same spots. I started between Hungary/Greece.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i finally got it. I did not know that you have to find 5 Camps in one Game. So If you play the europe map you really have to search the whole map for those camps. But i guess that also means that there are at least 5 Camps on any given map. Thanks Guys :)

• 9 months later...

This is my last trophy and it really gets on my nerves....I've played a full sandbox game to get the solo offline trophies and didn't manage to get it.

Started another one, The West Europe with Paris as capital (put bandits with high activity) and managed to get 4 almost at the same time (had cities all around so could see when some bandits would submerge from their hideout), and then nothing...waited for an hour or so but nothing new. Think I found some bandits at some point, but no hideout anywhere. Don't know if I got really unlucky or if the AI can actually take them over (that would suck considering...).

Started another one with the same settings, and zero, nothing, nada, not even wild animals, which is really weird. Got to level 6 (same as the other one - don't know if there is a random time trigger)

Might give it another go, otherwise might try a multiplayer map and check there. Don't know if I should try a bigger map, although it would take soooo long to search everything, wish there was more info on that.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I know its quite late for a reply in this topic, but perhaps someone may use this answer to get the trophy.

I got it in the campaign, after finishing the last quest, I kept on making new cities in Turkey/Syria region to be able to send the scout farther.

Make sure to get lots of $$ piling up for the peace treaties/sympathy so you dont end up losing your towns in wars with the remaining competitors. Scout the area all the time with the scout unit/s, expand as much as you can with settlers to get access to bigger areas (keep in mind the army morale though, they wont fight if there is no food in nearby town).

Sometimes the camps/hide-outs (yes, hide-outs count as well, thats how I got it) respawn in the same or similar area, but dont count on it too much. If its not discovered by scout/army then you wouldnt see it on the map even if you been there before.

Also, there is a sound indicator when the camp/hide-out is discovered, same as for shipwrecks etc so if you get this sound its good to pause and scout the area you just came to, to check if there is no camp or hide-out discovered.

I hope this helps someone at any point of their trophy hunt. Good luck.