What have your favorite PSVR games so far been?

Simply put, rather than have an infinite number of PSVR recommendation threads, why not just have a thread where we can talk about our favorite experiences, as we experience them?

Anyway, for starters, I'll go with Astrobot Rescue Mission as an absolute gem of a game - definitely my favorite PSVR experience. Seeing Astrobot wave to me was one of those magical moments where VR just "clicked". I've never had so much empathy for a loose collection of pixels, especially one with no dialogue. Besides that, it's a beautiful game and makes use of VR admirably, while also just being a very solid Mario-esque platformer.

Wipeout Omega Collection is another absolute gem - these games were fun enough flat, and they're even better when you're surrounded by the game world, and since they're older games, it doesn't take a downgrade to run it in VR.

RIGS, multiplayer as dead as it is, is the most exhilarating PSVR game I've played to date - the combat is fantastic (even if it's a tad slower than I'd like) and the sports commentary genuinely makes it feel like you're in matches. The singleplayer is good enough that I'll recommend it even with no multiplayer - I really hope Guerilla makes another game like this in the future.

Skyrim VR, obviously gets a mention. If you've already played Skyrim VR, you probably won't like this, but as someone who only did one playthrough of it, it's been absolutely fantastic getting to revisit it in VR.

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 4

Haha! Hey!! I'll add in one hidden  gem:

2MD: Football - it is football in VR and "2MD" stands for 2 minute drill as you are the quarterback driving down the field, down by a score with . . . two minutes left. You can draw your own plays and execute them in game. There are 7 rounds, with each becoming more difficult than the last. I love this game, and revisit it often. A great game for those a fan of the sport. The throwing mechanics are good and although you don't play defense, going down the field and scoring a TD really makes you feel like the hero. Also,  it is relatively cheap!

Trover Saves the Universe: Basically an adult version of astrobot, I loooove this game and hit my expectations out of the ballpark. If you like Rick and Morty, youll enjoy this.

Superhot VR - show your friends this first when introducing them to VR. What. a. game. Time only moves when you do, you're basically John Wick!

• Like 2

Moss, another great platforming game and a cool concept of working your way through a book while playing as a mouse with a sword ? ⚔️ 

Killing Floor Incursion, fun to just chill and kill zombies it’s better if you have a coop friend to go along the journey with you ?‍♂️ 

Edited by KSTORM25
  • Like 2

For pure fun I'd saKeep Talking and Nobody Explodes, which is one of the best games I've ever played, period. But it definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea.

RIGS and Starblood Arena were both surprisingly enjoyable as they're not usually my type of game.

Actually, I've enjoyed all of the VR games I've played and would consider most of them above average at least. Except Dark Eclipse, that one was pretty weak.

• Like 2

Astro Bot is undoubtedly my favourite VR game of all time. And it so happened to be the first one I played as well, as it was one of the games included in the Mega Pack bundle. The introduction to the VR world I received blew me away. There were some fun and challenging platforming sections, but half the time I was just looking around appreciating my surroundings. In my opinion, Astro Bot provides the best VR experience.

Other VR games I enjoyed playing were Moss, Blood & Truth, Robinson: The Journey, Tiny Trax, Job Simulator and Ghost Giant.

Edited by DogFoRaw5
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

Other VR games I enjoyed playing were Moss, Blood & Truth, Robinson: The Journey, Tiny Trax, Job Simulator and Ghost Giant.

I COMPLETELY forgot that Ghost Giant was a thing! I need to put it back on my radar. I remember being excited for it initially but it slipped my mind with time. How is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I COMPLETELY forgot that Ghost Giant was a thing! I need to put it back on my radar. I remember being excited for it initially but it slipped my mind with time. How is it?

It's a great game. A bit short in length but the captivating story makes up for it. You need 2 PS Move controllers to play though.

• Like 2

1. Although not a full game, I absolutely loved the 3 VR missions of Ace Combat 7.

2. Skyrim VR, having never played Skyrim before, experiencing Tamriel in VR is one of the best gaming moment I've had.

3. Monster of the Deep, a relaxing fishing game, you could even put some Nier Automata song to listen to while fishing.

• Like 3

I've gotta agree with everyone that mentioned Astro Bot. It just blew my mind the first time I chucked VR on. I even had my wife sit down and give it a go and she loved it to the point she'd keep asking me if we could play again (she's a non gamer). 

I also really loved Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. Brilliant on rails VR shooter. I was able to track down a couple of PS Moves for it as well. Thinking about it, I'm missing my PSVR. I'll need to grab it next time I'm home

• Like 2

On 5/4/2020 at 5:00 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Simply put, rather than have an infinite number of PSVR recommendation threads, why not just have a thread where we can talk about our favorite experiences, as we experience them?

Thanks for this. Been wanting to get some new VR games. Definitely going to try out BoxVR, Knock Out League, Borderlands 2 VR one day, but from the few games I have played, I really liked Beat Saber, Superhot VR, Astrobot Rescue, and Moss.

• Like 1

Thumper is my go-to. Unique music and atmosphere + doesn't make me puke!

Really enjoyed The Lost Bear and its platformer+VR mix.

Statik and Esper were grat puzzlers. Also Accounting+ was hilarious.

I have a lot of the titles mentioned above in my backlog - I should really get to it one day.

• Like 2

1. Beat Saber

S6ea8f2.png

Best PSVR-game I've played, no doubt. Despite how simple the concept is, it's perfectly executed. Beat Saber is a lot of fun, and I can't recommend it enough. 

2. Thumper

S000218.png

This one is already fantastic on a regular PS4, but it just becomes incredible with VR. If you are a fan of rhythm-games,... well, then you have probably already played this one ?

The third place could either be Astro Bot or Superhot VR, though neither of those games comes even close to the two already mentioned above. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to add Driveclub VR - while it's been delisted, if you can pick up a phyisical copy, it was an amazing game on the flat screen and is still gorgeous in PSVR. Just being able to look around the very detailed car models in VR is awesome. As far as I can tell, there aren't any similarly in depth racing games (besides futuristic stuff like Wipeout), and Dirt Rally VR is far too sim-like for me.

Trover Saves the Universe is also pretty good, although I'm not sure I'd buy it for 30$ - it's basically being rambled at by Justin Roiland for 6-8 hours. It's a solid platformer, albeit a bit short and lacking variety, has great humor, and great graphics for a PSVR game. And it's not too hard a platinum, to boot!

On 5/8/2020 at 6:56 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

I've got to add now: 

THE WALKING DEAD: SAINTS & SINNERS

I looked this up - it looks great. I'm not sure why I haven't seen it talked about before. I'm definitely keeping it on my list, especially if it goes on sale.

• Like 1

Tetris Effect is probably my favourite VR title and unless I’m blind (likely) am surprised to see not mentioned already! It completely captivates you with its amazing presentation and stellar soundtrack. It’s simply gorgeous. A game I have absolutely no chance of getting the shiny Plat for, but a title I’ll play for a long time to come. I highly recommend it. 

Superhot VR and RE7 get honourable mentions from me too. I’m looking forward to picking up TWD:SAS sometime soon. 

• Like 2