Plat Race of the Maidens 2020

C'mon ladies, let's race! My waifu will be.....Laura from Trails of Cold Steel. They're so many great female characters to choose from, but Laura's my favorite.

Here are my triple point games. I hope they're allowed because I don't own too many games with female leads.  

Horizon Zero Dawn (Base game 4%; Complete Edition 3%)

Gravity Rush 2 (Base game 10%; Complete Edition 8%)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Base game 7%; Complete Edition 6%)

• Like 3

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

Horizon Zero Dawn (Base game 4%; Complete Edition 3%)

Gravity Rush 2 (Base game 10%; Complete Edition 8%)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Base game 7%; Complete Edition 6%)

I see what you're doing... smart move getting triple points on all those DLC packs :awesome:

• Like 4

This looks like alot of fun, I have some feminine tendencies (love shopping, shoes, gossip and can talk the leg off a chair)  I have been told but alas I feel that I don't qualify here ):  

Have a wonderful time, Eigen's events are always the best.

Edited by AffectatiousDonk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

This looks like alot of fun, I have some feminine tendencies (love shopping, shoes, gossip and can talk the leg off a chair)  I have been told but alas I feel that I don't qualify here ): 

Me too, I secretly wish I had been born a girl. xD Glad to see this come up again. Hope that six more maidens will join the event! Certain women I want to join will not be mentioned, let them stumble upon this thread. ;)

I am not sexist, I respect female leads. I enjoy Artifex Mundi's titles, and most of them have female protagonists.

Edited by Rune_Crys

I snuck in to take a peek at what games have been raised so far. I'm so happy that someone is doing a FF13 game. You just cannot have a competition like this without Lightning being involved at least once. xD 

Also I have to mention I love the additional effort you put in to make the participant cards. That's just pretty darn cool if I do say so myself.

Happy gaming! 

Nice to see the event resurrected! I watched the thread on and off last time but would love to participate this time around ^_^

For bonus games, I'll go with

• Mirror's Edge (PS3)
  • Velocity 2X
  • Final Fantasy X-2 (this should totally be more points since it's three female leads, right? Kidding of course)

Just about completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider...I could totally have used that with all its DLC for lots of points, dammit :P

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Final Fantasy X-2 (this should totally be more points since it's three female leads, right? Kidding of course)

I loved this game just for that reason. Yuna and Rikku are really awesome women. Paine's name is so obviously linked to her backstory. I just feel unable to play this game for PS4 because the trophy guide includes the horrible horrible piece of putrid flesh that is the roguelike chapter at the end.

Hi, I decided to join the race if you girls accept me ?

the games that I have are:
Bloodstained ritual of the night
detroit become human
and 2 indies song of the dee, and submerged

I am also going to try trials of mana to see if i like it, if i do I can add onto the list , i dont know if i have all the points needed yet ?

I also suggest if you all agree, by the end of the race we could do a pod cast to chat about the games we played :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BG_painter said:

I also suggest if you all agree, by the end of the race we could do a pod cast to chat about the games we played :)

Definitely up for this! Not a requirement for others by any means, but those who want to do this can :D

I've also updated the rules slightly. These are the changes:

• Clarified that the 3 triple-point games have to be chosen by the time the event starts. You can change your mind about your games until then, just let me know so I can update the participant cards.
  • Added a new points multiplier. Any game that has a female lead that isn't one of your triple-point games will get a multiplier of 1.5! I've also added a list of games that have female leads. This list is limited to just games that I've actually played, so feel free to post other games and I'll update the list.
  • New games will have to wait 2 months before assessing their rarity value and length multipliers. This is so there is enough data to make the points system more accurate.
  • New stipulation about length multipliers for games with newly added DLC.
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, BG_painter said:

10 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Definitely up for this! Not a requirement for others by any means, but those who want to do this can :D

I would love to extend an invite if you did decide to do this and would like to share with our audience. Open invite if it interests.

• Like 2

On 10/05/2020 at 1:56 PM, Rune_Crys said:

I loved this game just for that reason. Yuna and Rikku are really awesome women. Paine's name is so obviously linked to her backstory. I just feel unable to play this game for PS4 because the trophy guide includes the horrible horrible piece of putrid flesh that is the roguelike chapter at the end.

Haha, well, actually that stupid Tower crap is the reason I'm using it as a triple points game xD I've been putting off playing it for like two years because I don't want to do the tower, but I know if it's my triple points game I'll force myself to do it and finally get it over with xD

It was one of my favourite games as a little girl. All the dressphere stuff was just amazing to me as a kid, and I used to imagine/draw other characters from other games with their own dressphere transformations. It's a little sad, but eh, I was a kid so it's fine :P

17 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I've also added a list of games that have female leads. This list is limited to just games that I've actually played, so feel free to post other games and I'll update the list.

Here's my additions to the list, from games I've played or ones I own that I know enough about :)

I also added a second list at the bottom which combines both of our lists, so you can just copy and paste if you're happy with the games I listed.

Spoiler

A Hat in Time (Hat Kid)

Alien: Isolation (Ripley)

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Bound (Main Character)

Broken Age (Vella)

Curses 'n Chaos (Lea)

Dark Cloud 2 (Monica)

Darksiders III (Fury)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Choice of Female Main Character)

Digimon World: Next Order (Choice of Female Main Character)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (Billie)

Dusk Diver (Yumo)

Extreme Excorcism (Mae)

Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (Cecille)

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Giana/Maria)

Gravity Rush 1 & 2 (Kat)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Senua)

Horizon Zero Dawn (Aloy)

Iconoclasts (Robyn)

inFamous First Light (Fetch)

Khara (Khara)

Little Nightmares (Six)

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (Akko)

Lost Sea (Choice of Female Character)

Master Reboot (Main Character)

Mercenaries Wings (Cecil)

Mirror's Edge (Faith)

NieR Automata (2B and A2)

Nights of Azure 1 & 2 (Arnice)

Poi (Choice of Female Character)

Resident Evil games (always a female main and a male)

Slime Rancher (Main Character)

Smoke and Sacrifice (Sachi)

Tearaway Unfolded (Choice of Female Character)

The Flame in the Flood (Main Character)

Tomb Raider games

Toren (Main Character)

Transistor (Red)

Uncharted The Lost Legacy (Chloe)

Velocity 2X (Kai)

What Remains of Edith Finch (Edith)

Spoiler

A Hat in Time (Hat Kid)

A Rose in the Twilight (Rose)

Alice: Madness Returns (Alice)

Alien: Isolation (Ripley)

Amnesia: Memories (Main Character)

Atelier Series (Rorona, Totori, Meruru, Ayesha, Escha, Shallie, Sophie, Firis, Lydie, Suelle, Ryza, Lulua, Nelke)

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Blue Reflection (Hinako)

Bound (Main Character)

Broken Age (Vella)

Broken Sword 5 (Nicole)

Child of Light (Aurora)

Claire (Claire)

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (Evangeline)

Code: Realize series (Cardia)

Curses 'n Chaos (Lea)

Dark Cloud 2 (Monica)

Darksiders III (Fury)

Detroit: Become Human (Cara)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Choice of Female Main Character)

Digimon World: Next Order (Choice of Female Main Character)

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (Billie)

Dusk Diver (Yumo)

Extreme Excorcism (Mae)

Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (Cecille)

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Duece, Cater, Cinque, Sice, Seven, Queen, Rem)

Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Yuna)

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy (Lightning, Serah)

Forgotton Anne (Anne)

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Giana/Maria)

Gravity Rush 1 & 2 (Kat)

Hatoful Boyfriend (Main Character)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Senua)

Horizon Zero Dawn (Aloy)

Iconoclasts (Robyn)

inFamous First Light (Fetch)

Khara (Khara)

Life is Strange (Max)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Chloe)

Lili: Child of Geos (Lili)

Little Dragons Cafe (Choice of Girl Character)

Little Nightmares (Six)

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (Akko)

Lost Sea (Choice of Female Character)

Master Reboot (Main Character)

Mercenaries Wings (Cecil)

Mirror's Edge (Faith)

Never Alone (Nuna)

NieR Automata (2B and A2)

Nights of Azure 1 & 2 (Arnice)

Norn9: Var Commons (Koharu, Mikoto, Nanami)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir  (Gwyndolyn, Mercedes, Velvet)

Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator (Mrs. Maggie)

Okami HD (Amaterasu)

Overcooked! (Choice of Female Character)

Oxenfree (Alex)

Poi (Choice of Female Character)

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Nadeshiko Kugatach)

Ray Gigant (Nil)

Resident Evil games (always a female main and a male)

Romancing SaGa 2 (Randomized Characters)

Severed (Main Character)

Slime Rancher (Main Character)

Smoke and Sacrifice (Sachi)

Song of the Deep (Merryn)

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (Pupuru)

Syberia series (Kate)

Tales of Berseria (Velvet)

Tales of Xillia (Milla)

Tearaway Unfolded (Choice of Female Character)

Terraria (Choice of Female Character)

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Ivo)

The Flame in the Flood (Main Character)

The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince (The Princess)

Three-Fourths Home: Extended Edition (Kelly)

Tomb Raider games

Toren (Main Character)

Transistor (Red)

Uncharted The Lost Legacy (Chloe)

Valiant Hearts (Anna)

Velocity 2X (Kai)

Virginia (Anne)

What Remains of Edith Finch (Edith)
Wheels of Aurelia (Lella)

Whispering Willows (Elena)

World of Final Fantasy (Reynn)

Yomawari: Night Alone (Main Character)

How will you count games where you create your own character? If we create a female character will those count for 1.5 points?

And games were there's a host of playable characters (e.g. Brawlhalla, 3on3Freestyle, etc) and you can switch freely and there aren't really "main" characters? I guess since Overcooked is in your list that they'll count, but just want to check :)

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

How will you count games where you create your own character? If we create a female character will those count for 1.5 points?

And games were there's a host of playable characters (e.g. Brawlhalla, 3on3Freestyle, etc) and you can switch freely and there aren't really "main" characters? I guess since Overcooked is in your list that they'll count, but just want to check :)

If there's a trophy for playing a particular gender, then that suffices (like Tales of Xillia requires a playthrough as each character and there's a trophy for each, or certain fighting games have trophies for playing a character X amount of times). If there's nothing like that, then just provide a screenshot showing you playing as the female character. If the main character is ambiguous, then you can't use it (like some first person games where it's implied that the player is the main character or Journey where the character is genderless).

Thank you for the list of games ?

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

If there's a trophy for playing a particular gender, then that suffices (like Tales of Xillia requires a playthrough as each character and there's a trophy for each, or certain fighting games have trophies for playing a character X amount of times). If there's nothing like that, then just provide a screenshot showing you playing as the female character. If the main character is ambiguous, then you can't use it (like some first person games where it's implied that the player is the main character or Journey where the character is genderless).

Thank you for the list of games 1f601.png

That makes perfect sense ^_^ just wanted to check since I wasn’t sure :) 

I've created a spreadsheet for you all to calculate your game points if you wanted to get a feel for how many points certain games are worth. It is located here and also is noted in the Scoring section of the main post. You will want to enter values into all the cells that are yellow. Please note that points may be slightly different when you complete the game as rarity and speed rankings may change upon your completion as well as anyone else who completes before you do (especially if the game does not have a lot of owners/completers).

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

@Kristycism - Great list! Not sure if anyone's interested, but the game I'm currently playing a game which features a female. It's called Emma: Lost in Memories. It's not the easiest game, but I suck at platforming, so some may find it easier than me. You'll have to wait a couple of months to find out the completion rate.

Edited by Edunstar84

Just here to recommend some essential games and female characters(!) missing from the list:

The Legend of Korra

The Walking Dead: Season 2

The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Shantae ½ Genie Hero

Shantae and the Seven Sirens (May 28th)

• Like 4