Plat Race of the Maidens 2020

Ladies-- just a reminder that I can't tally your points on games you started before the event if I don't have the % Prepped numbers for you. The spreadsheet has these highlighted in red. Also, if I happened to guess wrong on your game having a female lead, let me know!

• Like 4

If I'm understanding the scoring spreadsheet correctly, then my entry for Gris is incorrect - I beat the game in just under 7 hours, not just under 22 hours like it says.  Same with Date a Live - I did that in under 8 hours, not over a day like it says.  Am I missing something?

Also, Telling Lies has you playing as a woman.  It's not just that two of the four main characters are female, but the woman sitting at the computer that you are technically controlling through the whole game technically counts as a female player character.

Edited by themindisacity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Ladies-- just a reminder that I can't tally your points on games you started before the event if I don't have the % Prepped numbers for you. The spreadsheet has these highlighted in red. Also, if I happened to guess wrong on your game having a female lead, let me know!

Erica was at 88%, Toy Story 3 was at 89% prior to the event starting. Erica does indeed have a female protagonist.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I'll try to post a list of games tonight. Should be easy because I'm still on the one game I've started before the event.

• Like 1

Here are the games started before the event. The list won't include the 3 triple point games that I've already listed. Looking at this list; I hold my head in shame. 

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%

Battle Princess of Arcadias - 10%

Beyond: Two Souls - 15%

Catherine - 70%

Dragon Age: Inquisition - 1%

Dragon's Crown - 27%

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron - 2%

Escape Plan - 20%

Everybody's Golf - 48%

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - 44%

Final Fantasy 15 - 20%

Hollow Knight - 1%

inFamous - 4%

LittleBigPlanet Vita - 80%

Mugen Souls - 24%

Muramasa Rebirth - 10%

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom - 70%

Overcooked - 55%

Rainbow Moon - 4%

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace - 42%

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 67%

Rocksmith 2014 - 52%

SAO: Hollow Fragment - 34%

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - 11%

Tales of Symphonia - 4%

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - 1%

Tokyo Xanadu eX+- 57%

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 14% (this is the plat% as you can't 100% complete the game anymore...don't think I'll plat this game this year anyway)

Watch Dogs - 1%

• Like 2

I popped a third platinum, hopefully the last one I'll need to use for a few weeks. This one was started after the event, so no prepped modifier:

Cabela's North American Adventures

Rarity: 18.72

Female lead: No

I kind of like the Cabela's games as quick diversions, and this one was mostly no exception. It had a very strange story mode where you played as both the typical hunter guy killing hundreds of wildlife in a region, but also a guy filming it to put on TV. The filming portions were pretty bad - after killing a big game, the game switches you to the perspective of the camera man, where using the analog sticks you must bring the video of the kill into focus. Boring. The rest was mostly fine, a typical Cabela's list with a few on-rails shooting galleries, a tedious mode where you run around the map looking for a particular animal, and an awful multiplayer experience.

The multiplayer is worthy of special mention because it actually made me nauseous. It is vs. bots, but you must connect to the internet to start the lobby. For some reason it was extremely laggy, and something about the characters perspective + the lag made me very disoriented. It also has RNG because you need to collect power-ups and use them on the bots, but the spawns are randomised.

Overall it's like a 4/10 game, but for Trophy Hunter's League (the reason I played and platinumed it) it's a 9/10 because of how short and easy it is - points deducted for having relatively few trophies and therefore a smaller cumulative value than other short games.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@BG_painter, all games completed during the time frame get points. The ones you listed get triple points.

got it. thank you. I should have taken a screenshot of my trophy list but i'll do it now. Abyss Odyssey I Already have no clue how was my percentage before, i'll try to figure out.

Did we ever decide how a game is scored if you can choose whether you play as a man or woman - i.e  AC Odyssey, Saints Row, etc?

And here's an interesting one - I just played A Fold Apart.  The default option means you will play as a male character and a female character.  However, you can choose for both characters to be male or female, meaning it can become a game with two female playable characters.  How does that one get scored? :P

@themindisacity, if the game gives you an option to play as a male or a female, then you just need to take a screenshot to show that you played as the female character... unless the game has a trophy for playing as the female character (for example, Tales of Xillia has a trophy for playing Milla). If a game has more than one female main, it gets scored the same as if it has only one ;)
Also, was Potata fun? I looked it up and it looks pretty cute.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@themindisacity, if the game gives you an option to play as a male or a female, then you just need to take a screenshot to show that you played as the female character... unless the game has a trophy for playing as the female character (for example, Tales of Xillia has a trophy for playing Milla). If a game has more than one female main, it gets scored the same as if it has only one ;)
Also, was Potata fun? I looked it up and it looks pretty cute.

I've prepared the game Wipeout 2 for platinum. Won't be popping it for awhile but I might as well ask now: it's an arcade/party game with half a dozen trophies for accomplishing tasks as the various female characters, but no real narrative and you select your character prior to the start of each episode/match. Does this count as a game with a female lead?

Edited by Andrea9281

Just now, Andrea9281 said:

I've prepared the game Wipeout 2 for platinum. Won't be popping it for awhile but I might as well ask now: it's an arcade/party game with half a dozen trophies for accomplishing tasks as the various female characters, but no real narrative and you select your character prior to the start of each game. Does this count as a game with a female lead?

If there's trophies related to playing as the female character, then it counts. Even if there weren't trophies but you can take a screenshot when you play as a female, it would count.

• Like 2

Starting percentages (no promises I'll get to all of these; I just want to):

Strange Brigade: 91% base game / 93% total (first two DLCs were 100%, third was 66%)

The Last Door (NA) - 30%

The Last of Us - 70% base game / 68% total

AC Chronicles (Vita) - 39%

Dishonored: DOTO - 36%

Little Nightmares - 29%

Republique - 1%

Deception IV (NA) - 11%

Deadly Premonition - 7%

PSASBR - 77% base / 100% DLC / 78% total

Edited by themindisacity
adding games
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 11:19 AM, Niamh5445 said:

As the race has just started, I'm going to finish off Persona 5 (69% completed) for my 50th Platinum then clean up some of the backlog:

CoD MW1 remastered (37% completed)

Agents of Mayhem (38% completed)

Moving Out (28% completed)

BattleBorn (45% base, 0% DLC 1,2,3) (this will take nearly all year as they are sunsetting the servers in Jan 2021 and currently there are connection issues)

Good Luck & Happy Hunting everybody!

Since the race began i've cleaned up a few titles on this list, finally got the plat for Persona 5, Agents of Mayhem and CoD! I also went back to clean up and have got the plat for Rachet and Clank (74% completed). Now while also playing The last of Us Part 2 i'll also get to Fe (34% complete) so that i can wind down from the zombies before bed :P 

• Like 4